• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

It really isn't if you seperate yourself from opinion. :)

Would you kindly stop condescending to me with hypocritical arguments?

Something like Nolan > Meg may be based in fact, yes. One can say 'through my playstyle, Meg has more of a use, but I cannot argue this by fact.' That would be fine.

This is less clearcut. You don't use Generals to kill from two-range, you don't use Magi to tank, you don't run Fighters around with your keys.

Something like Nolan > Meg may be based in fact, yes. One can say 'through my playstyle, Meg has more of a use, but I cannot argue this by fact.' That would be fine.

This is less clearcut. You don't use Generals to kill from two-range, you don't use Magi to tank, you don't run Fighters around with your keys.

How is it hypocritical? I'm merely stating whether a character is good or not is not dependent on opinion. Would hitting once for 20 damage be better than hitting twice for 13 damage if the latter 1RKO's? Is it just a preference that is better than the other? No. It's based on actual numbers and facts.

Edited by Soul

How is it hypocritical? I'm merely stating that how a character performs is not based on your playstyle. Would hitting once for 20 damage be better than hitting twice for 13 damage if the latter 1RKO's? Is it just a preference that is better than the other? No. It's based on actual numbers and facts.

You have NO STATS, Soul, NO FUCKING STATS TO GO ON, only fucking variables, you fool, and as I said you use different units for different fucking tasks. If you'd shove your head out of your fucking ass for three seconds and read the words I'm wasting my time typing for you you might actually, I dunno, LEARN something.

You have NO STATS, Soul, NO FUCKING STATS TO GO ON, only fucking variables, you fool, and as I said you use different units for different fucking tasks. If you'd shove your head out of your fucking ass for three seconds and read the words I'm wasting my time typing for you you might actually, I dunno, LEARN something.

Oh, you want me to post stats. HM stats nobody cares about because they don't play HM. Honestly, if you can say that to me, you might as well say that to others who BS around with their opinion (see: "I think this character is better because he/she looks sexy and has a cool animation!". I don't need stats to tell hitting once on emey phase is bad. If you want stats, why don't just go to the respective sites that have them?

Edited by Soul

You can decide worth based on what a unit can do and how that helps you progress, though. General is probably the second worst class in the series, I may even consider them worse than Snipers.

Anyway, every single unit can do what Sniper can do; attack at two range. Anything with a lance or axe can even do it with the same offense (12 mt Spear vs 13 mt Silver Bow, and the stronger Tomahawk) and 1 range included. Sniper can't attack at one range, that is something every other unit can do and they can't. Commonly anyway, some FE games have weapons they can use to attack at 1 range, but they generally are not very good.

Attacking at 1 range is more useful than attacking at 2 range, so units who have bad 1-2 range weapons like Swordmasters are still more useful offensively than a unit locked to 2 range. Plus even bad 1-2 range weapons are better than a 2 range only weapon, at least they can counter everything. The reason for this is that enemy 1 range units will attack your 1 range units, but enemy 2 range units will NEVER attack your 2 range units unless there is absolutely nothing they can attack that will not counter them and they do the most damage relative to HP to your sniper.

There are ways to make Sniper a balanced class, but it has not been done yet :P.

Edited by Tangerine

You can decide worth based on what a unit can do and how that helps you progress, though. General is probably the second worst class in the series, I may even consider them worse than Snipers.

Anyway, every single unit can do what Sniper can do; attack at two range. Anything with a lance or axe can even do it with the same offense (12 mt Spear vs 13 mt Silver Bow, and the stronger Tomahawk) and 1 range included. Sniper can't attack at one range, that is something every other unit can do and they can't.

Attacking at 1 range is more useful than attacking at 2 range, so units who have bad 1-2 range weapons like Swordmasters are still more useful offensively than a unit locked to 2 range. Plus even bad 1-2 range weapons are better than a 2 range only weapon, at least they can counter everything. The reason for this is that enemy 1 range units will attack your 1 range units, but enemy 2 range units will NEVER attack your 2 range units unless there is absolutely nothing they can attack that will not counter them and they do the most damage relative to HP to your sniper.

There are ways to make Sniper a balanced class, but it has not been done yet :P.

The only games where I might, I repeat, might say General is better than Sniper is FE5 and 8.

5 has Ronin and Tania, and lolRonin. Dalsin can probably be argued against Tania pretty well since neither has any huge skills or other bonuses. Tania has E bows at base, so Brave is a long way off. And while Dalsin can Brave it from base and is a great capture bot with it, you could give it to Brighton and tear shit up. Also only indoor lances. LolXavier.

8 is just because Neimi should always go Ranger, and while I think Gilliam is a better GK and Amelia some sort of pally, Gilliam is also pretty decent as General, and Innes always just seems so lackluster.

REGARDLESS, there is no unit that attacks at two-range as competently as archery can (barring arguably magic, and they're effectively player-phase locked anyway. Worse, in fact, on account of they can't take hits from archers. Although they can take hits from magi, they're fewer and further between, although-

See? There it is alone. You simply can't argue whether pants are better than guitars.

When did Tangie become such an FE Debater? Fox is rubbing off on her. =O

Dude, seriously. Stop being so blind.

Tangerine has been a debater ever since she joined.

REGARDLESS, there is no unit that attacks at two-range as competently as archery can (barring arguably magic, and they're effectively player-phase locked anyway.

Javelins and Hand axes-wielding mounted knights say hi. So do the Fighters that aren't from the GBA series and Knights like Oswin and Gatrie.

See? There it is alone. You simply can't argue whether pants are better than guitars.

Pants. Easily. They're actually useful.

When did Tangie become such an FE Debater? Fox is rubbing off on her. =O

She is rubbing off on me in more ways than one :(.

When I first came to this site, it was to troll the tier lists. Oh my, I am a mod and a good girl now, I should not admit to those things!

REGARDLESS, there is no unit that attacks at two-range as competently as archery can (barring arguably magic, and they're effectively player-phase locked anyway. Worse, in fact, on account of they can't take hits from archers. Although they can take hits from magi, they're fewer and further between, although-

But they can still do it, and some quite well depending on the availability of certain weapons. Spear/Tomahawk are better than any bow. Mages are better 2 range attackers than Archers are. Enemy Archers will not attack your Mage unless everything else in their range also has 2 range. They will choose to do less damage to a 1 range unit and not get countered than take a counter from your mage, it's just how the AI is.

Pegasi.

Wyvern.

Thank, Astra. Now we can overkill it with flying.

Without guitars, you would never find out about Lacey.

...!!!

And guitars entertain us, anyway. Pants just makes us look civil. :(

Dude, seriously. Stop being so blind.

Tangerine has been a debater ever since she joined.

Javelins and Hand axes-wielding mounted knights say hi. So do the Fighters that aren't from the GBA series and Knights like Oswin and Gatrie.

Pants. Easily. They're actually useful.

Stop randomly hating on El Rey, okay? It's not exactly an endearing trait.

Javelins and Handaxes are certainly known for their might and accuracy. And don't give me that Spear shit, Archers and Magi have been hitting competently since E-rank.

You would live in a world without music?

It's debatable. Snipers have some utility in FE6 since accurate 2-range is difficult to come by (and bonus damage against Wyverns is always welcome). Generals have some good points in FE3DS where their wtfdefense is useful against wtfenemies. Admittedly, Generals/Snipers are kind of useless beyond that because durability and powerful 2 range is so easy to achieve.

I think both are better than Druids, though. The only worthwhile one is Etzel.

Edited by Anouleth

But they can still do it, and some quite well depending on the availability of certain weapons. Spear/Tomahawk are better than any bow.

Brave, S-rank.

Mages are better 2 range attackers than Archers are. Enemy Archers will not attack your Mage unless everything else in their range also has 2 range. They will choose to do less damage to a 1 range unit and not get countered than take a counter from your mage, it's just how the AI is.

It...wasn't meant to be taken literally. THESE CLASSES DO DIFFERENT THINGS. THIS IS NOT COMPARABLE.

Although I will concede that most of the time magic is more effective than archery.