• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

That's not how I'm seeing this. He's asking "Why do you think they are low on tier lists?" His answer is "Because they are a bad class." Therefore, he's saying "They are low on tier lists because they are a bad class."

At least, this is how it appears to me with the given information.

Well, that's exactly what I meant.

If it's one of the live-action movies, then I'm going to hang myself.

It's good, but it does give that reaction to fans of the series.

You're not making yourself look any better.

That's not what I intend to do, though.

I liked your post too Fox. For being the only person to acknowledge my existence.

Also, considering I started Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? and Madoka today, this thread is full of fun new imagery :newyears:

How many episodes of Madoka have you seen?

I liked your post too Fox. For being the only person to acknowledge my existence.

Also, considering I started Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? and Madoka today, this thread is full of fun new imagery :newyears:

Waitwait who are you?

Stay away from my comments page until you see episode 3. I'm not kidding here.

I see... and I knew Balcerzak had something up his sleeve when he said "make sure you watch 3 episodes before you decide whether or not to continue"

I think what Narga's saying is that it's not because Snipers as a class are bad. It's because the characters in said class are bad.

Snipers as a class are bad. But even if the class is itself bad, that doesn't necessarily make the units in that class bad, or the other way round. Shamans and Druids are generally the worst characters, but the class isn't inherently that much worse than Sages or Bishops.

How does that make sense? Or do you mean characters as in units?

Growths and stuff. The characters with good stats (Shinon, Briggid, etc) tend to be pretty high on tier lists. Just like... every other class.

Edited by Reinfleche

Snipers as a class are bad. But even if the class is itself bad, that doesn't necessarily make the units in that class bad, or the other way round. Shamans and Druids are generally the worst characters, but the class isn't inherently that much worse than Sages or Bishops.

Going by class alone, Shamans should be better than the others because of Luna and Nosferatu. Bishops would probably be next for their superior staff rank. So going by class alone, Druid > Bishop > Sage is probably accurate, but the actual characters usually go the other way around.

Going by class alone, Shamans should be better than the others because of Luna and Nosferatu. Bishops would probably be next for their superior staff rank. So going by class alone, Druid > Bishop > Sage is probably accurate, but the actual characters usually go the other way around.

I beg to differ, because Luna was only good in FE7 and Nosferatu was only worth using in FE6.

It's objectively terrible.

You just don't like Megan Fox.

I think what Narga's saying is that it's not because Snipers as a class are bad. It's because the characters in said class are bad.

wat

Get a Haruna avy and then you, Soul, and I can be triplets~

Don't even joke about that.

This is odd. I may actually have to side with Soul on this one. You're basically saying that he is saying "They are a bad class because they are low on tier lists," right?

That's not how I'm seeing this. He's asking "Why do you think they are low on tier lists?" His answer is "Because they are a bad class." Therefore, he's saying "They are low on tier lists because they are a bad class."

At least, this is how it appears to me with the given information.

But that's part of the point from my first response to him. That's not the whole story. They are low on tier lists due to bad bases and growths. And more to the point that's mainly the archers. Briggid is high on some lists. Faval is mid. Klein is upper mid. Innes is B tier on dondon's Sethskip list. I think he's perhaps too low on some of the other tier lists. Shinon in fe10 is rather high.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=17121&view=findpost&p=1474673

I even said part of that right there. The part about the start of archers. Snipers are actually all over the place on tier lists.

An important word in his question is "else"

His question was "why else do you think they are usually low on tier lists?"

Doesn't that seem to imply that the only possible reason for this is that Snipers are the worst class? That there couldn't possibly be some other reason that specific units might end up so low on tier lists?

In essence, he's attempting to use their position on the tier lists to justify his position that Snipers are the worst class. That's what I have a problem with. The only proof that he supplies, in that particular post, for Snipers being the worst class is their position on tier lists. How is that NOT him saying "low on tier list => worst class"?

For the part I bolded in your post, he's basically saying this:

"Snipers are the worst class. How do you know? Look at their position on tier lists."

He's not proving their tier list position by saying Sniper is a bad class. He's proving Sniper is a bad class by stating their tier list position. That's the opposite of your interpretation.

Well, that's exactly what I meant.

You have the worst English skills I've seen in a while, then. Also their position on the tier list was never in question. It is your idea they are the worst class.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I beg to differ, because Luna was only good in FE7 and Nosferatu was only worth using in FE6.

How do you figure that? Obviously Luna wasn't even in FE6, but you agree on Nosferatu. Luna would still be good in FE8, though, and Nosferatu should be very good simply for the fact that it allows self-healing and damage at the same time. What advantages do Sages and Bishops (Staves aside) have?