Marth vs. Ike

Oujay

73 members have voted

1. 1. who will win?

• Ike
    • Marth

^Yeah, okay, sure.

If Marth has such a huge advantage against Ike in Brawl, why is it that Marth is one of my best match ups when I'm an Ike mainer? I've defeated some good Marth players pretty easily. On top of that, I also use Marth, and I find it hard to play against other Ikes when I use him.

Also, last time I looked at the tier list, Ike was mid tier. I'm not sure if it was recently updated or anything though.

Edited by Eternal Bond

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Marth has such a huge advantage against Ike in Brawl, why is it that Marth is one of my best match ups when I'm an Ike mainer? I've defeated some good Marth players pretty easily. On top of that, I also use Marth, and I find it hard to play against other Ikes when I use him.

Also, last time I looked at the tier list, Ike was mid tier. I'm not sure if it was recently updated or anything though.

It's because you're not fighting anyone good. If you're not fighting mikeHAZE, NEO, Bardull, Roy_R, Pierce7d, Zex, Dannykat, Havok, or Kadaj, you're not fighting a good Marth. Those are the only good ones. Ike is totally shut down...but shielding and speed. Marth can just shield anything Ike does and then punish accordingly. Ike can't approach.

Ike has been low tier for quite some time and he's going to move down even more on the next tier list we're working on.

Uh, yeah. I'm very sure that those people are NOT the only good Marth players on the whole planet.

Seriously, you underestimate Brawl Ike. I've seen some players beat Falcos, Foxes, hell, even Meta Knights with him and they used some very wicked techniques that I never saw before. Both sides.

Also, I go by tier lists made by SSB sites, not FE sites. And pretty much all of them have Ike at mid tier.

Edited by Eternal Bond

Seriously, you underestimate Brawl Ike. I've seen some players beat Falcos, Foxes, hell, even Meta Knights with him and they used some very wicked techniques that I never saw before. Both sides.

My friend plays an excellent Ike, and he has not found a single person on campus that can beat him. That just means everyone else sucks, not that Ike is good.

Also, I go by tier lists made by SSB sites, not FE sites. And pretty much all of them have Ike at mid tier.

Strange that you say that considering that Inui helps make the tier list on an SSB site.

Not necessarily. I've beaten one good Meta Knight. And this guy was the best MK player on the site we were on. I used Ike.

Honestly, I'm not saying Ike is top or high tier material. I just think he should be middle of the mid tier at highest.

Not necessarily. I've beaten one good Meta Knight. And this guy was the best MK player on the site we were on. I used Ike.

Honestly, I'm not saying Ike is top or high tier material. I just think he should be middle of the mid tier at highest.

yeah, like are you gonna try and support this in anyway other than your shitty personal experience?

I hate people saying Marth is better then Ike in Brawl, I'm way better using Ike then Marth in Brawl.

I tried Marth vs Ike in Brawl, both pc, both level 9, random stages.

at the looks of it it's a tie currently with 3 wins against 3 wins...

EDIT: I'll take the current 6 against 6 as a final score...

Edited by whase

Marth is better in Brawl, but it's apparent that Ike would win in the FE universe. No, not because of Marth's crappy stat caps and a lack of promotion. Ragnell is stronger than Falchion and Ike is larger and more experienced in battle.

Marth vs Ike is like 70/30, guys. It's horrible. I used to main Marth and I'm one of the best Ikes in the nation. What a horrible match-up. Ike is easily gimped and Marth can just shield and punish anything Ike tries to do.

I hope people don't think "used to go to Smashboards" matters... I am the fourth highest poster on Smashboards and a member of the SBR. >_>;

Thataway to make brawl experience matter on a FE board, Inui.

I hate people saying Marth is better then Ike in Brawl, I'm way better using Ike then Marth in Brawl.

You do know that CPUs are idiots right?

but as long as they're both idiots, I don't think that should matter...

It's still bullshit. Why don't you watch a good Marth player fight a good Ike player. Then you will see why everybody with some decent knowledge of Brawl says Marth >>>>>> Ike

Uh, yeah. I'm very sure that those people are NOT the only good Marth players on the whole planet.

Yes, they are. They are the seasoned tournament veterans with accomplishments. Other people do not matter when it comes to Marth.

I am one of the best players of that character in this nation and highly experienced with him, yet I am underestimating him? Surely you jest. Ike is great at beating bad players, other low tier characters, and people that don't decide to just camp. That's all.

Ike's only legit kill move is b-air. Everything else relies on the opponent being an idiot or making a technical mistake. His only method of dealing damage is his jab, which is not safe on block. Speaking of safe on block, Ike can't hit shields without getting punished. Shield and then punish. That's how you beat Ike.

Guess what? I'm in the Brawl Back Room on Smashboards and we are currently remaking the tier list and creating a match-up chart. Ike is going down, down, down, right where he belongs.

Also, the latest tier list we made has him below mid tier. We don't even use such words anymore. We went Japanese. S, A, B, C, D, E, F. Ike is D.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236407

B and C are considered "mid" and anything under that is "low" or "bottom" and Ike is likely to end up in E when we're done.

Wifi sets don't mean much.

Who was this MK and what site was it? If it wasn't Smashboards, AllisBrawl, or GameBattles, then lol...

Worthless. This shows nothing. Marth can camp Ike to death and shield and punish anything he does and score easy gimps, but a CPU Marth won't do that.

Marth is A tier. Ike should be in E. Big difference.

Take note of the common ratios of their match-ups against commonly used characters in tournament.

MK: 80/20 vs Ike, 60/40 vs Marth

Snake: 70/30 vs Ike, 55/45 vs Marth

Wario: 70/30 vs Ike, 45/55 vs Marth

Falco: 80/20 vs Ike, 45/55 vs Marth

Diddy Kong: 80/20 vs Ike, 50/50 vs Marth

Yeah... I could go on to A tier and display that Ike can't beat Olimar and Marth has the advantage, lol.

Should we tell a Mod to move this to the Smash Bros. board? It doesn't appear as though people care about Marth vs Ike in FE anymore.

I wish people would get back to FE on this. I wonder what the TC's original intent was, because if it was SSBB instead of the FE universe, then this should probably never have been in the General FE board to begin with. Which is why I'm hoping the intent was in the FE universe. Where Ike probably wins. Ike doesn't get to counter when Marth attacks him one range (going with Dark Dragon's Falchion), but Marth doesn't get to counter either since Ike will have to step out to 2 range on his attack. Plus I'm guessing Marth gets doubled by either version of Ike anyway.

And if Marth is better at all in fe3 and feSD, it won't really matter since Ike now gets to counter Marth (Falchion no longer blocks direct attacks), but Marth still can't counter Ike.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Ike obviously wins in FE and loses in Brawl.

There's nothing to even discuss if you just have a brain. =/

Which makes this topic long since over:

third post:

Brawl says Marth.

fifth post:

Ike would win. In a scale of 1-10 from weak to broken, Marth would be a 5 or 6 while Ike would be an 8 or 9.

If Brawl, Marth.

The end.

I don't have a brain when it comes to SSB tiers (...) and even I know Marth kills Ike in Brawl despite the fact I'm much better with Ike. I'm only a casual player, after all.

Although, assuming the topic is meant for FE, it would be better if we knew from which game or at least if we're supposed to average them all out. We have, like, 3 Marth's (FE1/3/SD) and 2 Ike's (9/10). It's hard to determine which would win in a fight since you can't really directly compare their stats due to the different game systems, so Inui's earlier reasoning is probably the best answer.

I don't have a brain when it comes to SSB tiers (...) and even I know Marth kills Ike in Brawl despite the fact I'm much better with Ike. I'm only a casual player, after all.

Although, assuming the topic is meant for FE, it would be better if we knew from which game or at least if we're supposed to average them all out. We have, like, 3 Marth's (FE1/3/SD) and 2 Ike's (9/10). It's hard to determine which would win in a fight since you can't really directly compare their stats due to the different game systems, so Inui's earlier reasoning is probably the best answer.

At one point TC indicated fe10 Ike, but I don't remember anything about which Marth.

I am talking about FE 10 Ike...

Which also would seem to imply that TC had no intention of discussing their SSBB abilities, considering I should think SSBB just looks at him as "Ike". Well, if he's big and bulky and really slow in that game then I'd have to suggest they modeled him after fe10, because if it was the fe9 version of Ike then he really should have been faster than almost everything in SSBB.

Well, if he's big and bulky and really slow in that game then I'd have to suggest they modeled him after fe10, because if it was the fe9 version of Ike then he really should have been faster than almost everything in SSBB.

Which is ironic, because the character design and description is quite easily identifiable as FE9 Ike.

Yeah. He's just got this free insta-kill-everything-at-two-range sword. And, y'know, great stats. Marth's are just... decent.

Hes got 25 stat caps too... And he does not get promotion bonuses.

Edited by Bryan