The thing(s) you think IS could have done to make this game amazing

Luminothe

I have some idea:

1)They should have made Meg a Pegasus Knight,I bet she would be good.

2)Fiona should just be a NPC.

3)They should have made a longuer part 2,with a least seven chapters,while playing Lucia twice,at least.

4)3-9 should have been with the Crimea Royal Army.

5)They should have kept Ilyana in the Dawn Brigade,where she could be very useful.

6)Sothe shouldn't be forced in the final chapters(He's so bad in the end)

7)They should have explained in some kind of tutorial that overusing Sothe or any pre-promote is just taking out EXP that the Dawn Brigade NEED absolutely.

8)They shouldn't have made third tier promotions:These are WAY to powerful.They should have kept Ocult scroll.

9)The skill system was better in FE9,so they should have kept it this way.

10)Calil,Tormod,Muarim,Vika and Bastian should have more playtime.

1. Meg's growths aren't conducive to a good Armor Knight so I agree that a class change would make her more useful. She had decent HP, SPD, and SKL....so maybe another myrmidon? Ah, but we already have Edward who does more than a decent job. I don't see how making her a Peg Knight would've improved her since PegKnights fail in this game.

2. Fiona doesn't have to be an NPC. Part of her fail is that the DB chapters just aren't made for horseback units. Her growths are actually good, it's just that she has horrible base stats for her level. She could've benefited from a class change too. Maybe she should have been the General! Or even better, a Halberdier. Aran's got insane STR and DEF, he could have been the General that tanks. Oh and base stats to match her level would really pretty much fix everything.

3. Longer Part 2? No thanks, no need to extend that boredom.

4. 3-9? The Marauders? Isn't that already about the Crimean Royal Knights? :blink:

5. Ilyana staying with the DB would ruin the biggest advantage she has over every other unit: the most availability in the game. Why ruin that? Plus, she makes a good caddy for bringing sellable materials to Ike's group. Who, you know, could use the money, being dirt poor and everything.

6. Agreed. Sothe shouldn't have been forced in half the chapters he was forced in. But since he was, and had a story even promotion, I wish he had gotten a unique class instead of just boring ol' Whisper.

7. Like FE3's blunt "Don't use Jeigan" advice from the random villager? :awesome:

8. I like 3rd tier promotions. What we needed were 3rd tier ENEMIES. Disciples of Order would have been a good place to put them.

9. I dunno. It's be more challenging, yes, but I hate giving a scroll to someone only to find out they suck with it and forced to say good-bye to it instead of just giving it to someone who could make good use of it.

10. No amount can help Bastian. He is simply awful. Yes to the other though, especially Vika.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. 3-9? The Marauders? Isn't that already about the Crimean Royal Knights? :blink:

6. Agreed. Sothe shouldn't have been forced in half the chapters he was forced in. But since he was, and had a story even promotion, I wish he had gotten a unique class instead of just boring ol' Whisper.

8. I like 3rd tier promotions. What we needed were 3rd tier ENEMIES. Disciples of Order would have been a good place to put them.

9. I dunno. It's be more challenging, yes, but I hate giving a scroll to someone only to find out they suck with it and forced to say good-bye to it instead of just giving it to someone who could make good use of it.

I think they mean 3-10, where you have to protect Elincia from Valtome's men.

Sothe could be forced in Pts. 1 & 3, probably not 4 (which also means no story promotion)

3rd tier enemies with insta-kill Mastery skills would be annoying, unless the following point goes through as well.

Occult scrolls would work, but there should be ~10.

5)They should have kept Ilyana in the Dawn Brigade,where she could be very useful.

7)They should have explained in some kind of tutorial that overusing Sothe or any pre-promote is just taking out EXP that the Dawn Brigade NEED absolutely.

9)The skill system was better in FE9,so they should have kept it this way.

Ilyana staying with the Dawn Brigade would have meant much less availability, and yet another unit with no durability we need to keep an eye on should we use her. Very useful indeed.

They should do that sort of stuff, but not with FE10. Overusing Sothe can be a problem for the DB, but not using him can be a problem too because he's forced. Maybe an in-story Aesop-type "let's not rely on big strong guys like Taur too much" thing.

Lolno, it was better in FE4. Blehhhh. </nonsense>

Arguably, the Disciples WERE third tier. They just had second tier class names and no mastery skill, as if they were the blessed second tier units they're implied to be. If all the generic enemies in pt4 were third tier, they'd have to kill the innate mastery skills and bring back Occult, but IS obviously decided it'd be better to make those skills available to any unit who gets to third tier without that annoying four-mastery-skill limit of FE9. Well, as annoying as it gets when almost every mastery skill in that game is horrible.

Besides, they had Satori Signs, the laguz's answer to the Master Crown, and thusly Occult. It was a good way to further the difference between beorc and laguz units to make the player think more about it, though there were more of the things than anyone could ever need anyway so there's not much point.

Supports would have been great.

but other than what everyone else has said what annoyed me sometimes is that I wanted greater control over my allies sure I could tell them to retreat but 99% of the time I didn't wan't all of them to retreat just some that were mission critical (Ellincia for example) I would like to be able to tell Elincia to escape from combat while a team of pallies byes her some time by charging into the enemy. the current system is good but I would also like to give individuals squads orders (individual units is expecting to much) as well.

this could also work for like a break from the norm chapter as well (2-2 would have worked well) where you only have like 3 units and you have to rely on the ally a lot more.

just my 2 cents

What I meant about 3-9 is that you should have been able to control the Crimea Royal Army instead of the Mercenary.It would have been fun!

You mean 3-10?

Though controlling the CRKs would have been nice, it would have made protecting Elincia rather easy, since then they could run ahead and form a wall. Of course, this is provided Elincia doesn't start charging towards Valtome...

What I meant about 3-9 is that you should have been able to control the Crimea Royal Army instead of the Mercenary.It would have been fun!

You mean 3-10?

Though controlling the CRKs would have been nice, it would have made protecting Elincia rather easy, since then they could run ahead and form a wall. Of course, this is provided Elincia doesn't start charging towards Valtome...

Another CRK chapter would have been nice, but 3-10 would NOT have been the right one. God knows why Elincia ran towards the boss, but anyway, story-wise, the goal of the chapter is to protect her. Even with the rather subpar CRKs, if I was CONTROLLING Elincia, had partner units (because you know that's what the generic knights would wind up as) AND the GMs as other units, the chapter would be a bit too easy. The only challenge in 3-10 is beating the chapter before Elincia can get herself killed, you see. Despite Elincia being a blithering idiot, it was her idiotic actions that gave the chapter a sense of urgency, which, looking at the story for that chapter, actually fits the atmosphere well, annoying as it may be. At least, as well as a turn-based strategy game can fit story with gameplay.

Edited by Naglfar

What if we had Elincia as an Other unit and the GMs came in the middle of the battle, like, say, Turn 6? Plus, it wouldn't be all the units you were using, maybe Ike, Ranulf, Titania, Soren, and two or three others of your choice.

It would have been good if say....they started as other then changed to allied if you talked to them. It would make stealing the physic from the bishop near the boss much easier, and they wouldn't get in the way.

Give characters that are introduced a level for every chapter you can't use them after they are introduced. Even if it's limited to BEXP-like level ups, it still brings them further along. Or at least 2-5 per missed part, as some characters are gone forever.

If you won't do that, at least increase the level of the enemies in the first part by like, 2-3 per enemy and drop a base point to all the part 1 characters base stats(Except BK, of course). Hell, to balance that out, you can give nearly every enemy for the rest of the game that stat point.

Balance between the characters is, more or less, the biggest flaw in the game.

Magic users could have also used a slight speed cap boost.

Giving characters actual supports to, say, 5 other characters each, would have been a nice touch.

Other than that, more skills - Inventive, and creative skills could both individualize and balance characters.

Balance between the characters is, more or less, the biggest flaw in the game.

Magic users could have also used a slight speed cap boost.

Agreed. IS clearly didn't want us to be using Meg, Lyre, Lethe, the LEA after part 1, Astrid, Danved/Devdan, Leonardo, etc. Seriously, even with keeping growths intact, I think that it wouldn't be too hard to alter base levels and stats (and heck, promotion gains) to balance. Seriously though, I would have liked to see class caps replaced with individual character caps (Laura's 70% Spd growth should not be stifled by the atrocious 15/23/31 caps). Imagine the possibilities to see Laura with, say, 18/27/35 Spd caps (she might actually be good!) and balanced by 20/25/34 magic caps. Another thing that needs to go is Royals with broken caps. Seriously. They already have high base level and base stats, plus formshift, and then IS had to break their caps too? I know that they're supposed to be the strongest laguz, but still, level should be the deciding factor, not broken caps. it was fine for 1 chapter in PoR (or 1/2 in HM/MM), but Tibarn, Nailah, and Naesala have too much availability for their brokenness.

I would have also liked to see the bands return from PoR so we can shore up some weaknesses (Ike's Res comes to mind) and boost strengths (like Mordy's Def). Other than that, I actually thought that it was a pretty good game.

and boost strengths (like Mordy's Def)

If bands did make a comeback, you would be silly to ever give a defence band to Mordy.

In NM and EM, it might be more efficient to simply have him ram his Def/Str caps so he can start abusing BExp and add to his atrocious Skl/Spd rather than using a band for it. Besides, since it's generally agreed that Spd is the most important stat, it's logical that it would be in higher demand, leaving Mordy with fewer options. Besides, when he maxes Def, he's basically invincible (I took him to Endgame and he tore through the first three levels. Just a thought.