The thing(s) you think IS could have done to make this game amazing

Luminothe

For me, I would have liked more defending chapters(yes, they're tedious, but I love them, especially),

A less predictable storyline,

staff system a la PoR so that you can use a staff, but keep your magic/weapon equipped,

more specialized supports with the same system so that certain couples get more than just the affinity bonuses

gaiden chapters

ARENAS

make miccy faster

make sothe stronger/not required

get volke earlier

chapter in Hatari

inclusion of all the continents rather than just Tellius

make laguz royals less available(maybe be limited to just 1 in the endgame like in POR)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Split Part 3 into two parts - one for the Dawn Brigade where the LEA come back, and another for the Greil Mercenaries where they do the usual. Also, Crimea should join the GM earlier. (That means you too, Geoffrey)

Have a 'Heal" Command for allies. If I let them roam in 2-3, the allies usually kill the rebels. If I don't, they sit there getting killed.

It wouldn't bother me if Geoff joined a little later, but he should at least come in for 4-2, which is a fairly exp lucrative chapter in any case.

get volke earlier

Change Volke from "Fireman" to "Extinguisher".

For me, I would have liked more defending chapters(yes, they're tedious, but I love them, especially),

A less predictable storyline,

staff system a la PoR so that you can use a staff, but keep your magic/weapon equipped,

more specialized supports with the same system so that certain couples get more than just the affinity bonuses

gaiden chapters

ARENAS

make miccy faster

make sothe stronger/not required

get volke earlier

chapter in Hatari

inclusion of all the continents rather than just Tellius

make laguz royals less available(maybe be limited to just 1 in the endgame like in POR)

imo royals shouldn't be less available, but if they nerfed skills (back to PoR style) they can make the Laguz formshift their Mastery skill (making all laguz usable)

Actually there r liek 4. 2 in part 1, 1 in part 2 and part 3. Also, I'm pretty sure all the arrives (there are like, 2 of them I think) require a specific unit so they may as well be seizes. It's all liek "arrive, but it's only w/ one unit who pretty much happens to be "lord" of the chapter, so remind me why this is any different from a seize plz".

Honestly, I don't understand why the seize missions aren't "defeat boss" but w/e.

Rout is especially annoying in 4-1 on account of the fog. I actually like it on 4-3 because it makes it a little bit easier to manage some of the treasures.

4-4 should've been seize. It was the perfect map for it. D:

Hm... could 3-4 (I think that's the one) have been seize or not? I think lolyaoiarrivetogether can't be made into seize, really...

Hm... could 3-4 (I think that's the one) have been seize or not? I think lolyaoiarrivetogether can't be made into seize, really...

3-4 I think is the lolyaoiarrivetogether one. I think the seize maps are 1-F, 1-7, 3-10 and 2-3. And IMO 2-2 is effectively a seize.

4-4 would be a hilarious seize on account of Oliver moving off the throne to be recruited by Rafiel.

3-4 I think is the lolyaoiarrivetogether one. I think the seize maps are 1-F, 1-7, 3-10 and 2-3. And IMO 2-2 is effectively a seize.

4-4 would be a hilarious seize on account of Oliver moving off the throne to be recruited by Rafiel.

I know. I wonder if you could get a quick finish out of that... it's not easy to sneak past enemies on 4-4.

...Hm. Yeah, it's definitely 3-4. Because I know for a fact that 3-5 is the ceasefire chapter, which comes after the we-must-save-Simba chapter.

I know. I wonder if you could get a quick finish out of that... it's not easy to sneak past enemies on 4-4.

If it was Seize? I think Ike would have problems getting there on account of the sleep staff, and if he is sleeped and alone he might actually die eventually. Would be a lot easier if you had a range restore staff (matrona I guess).

The best way to do it might be to have nailah and Ike go it w/ nailah. Remove nailah's guard and give her pass so she can kill the sleep staff dude, and have ike rescue rafiel w/ savior.

Of course, if you're going for quick finish it would probably be faster to drop rafiel and just kill oliver. (since you wouldn't have to kill the enemies around oliver)

The LEA would probably have to die a very painful death.

1: good supports

2: Sothe forced = annoying

3: Longer part 2, Astrid would be better :)

4: Elincia as a forced character in endgame instead of Sothe

5: hatari included

6: playable summoner

7: Ameldha makes more sense to be playable than ppl like Meg Gareth.

8: Lozarieth only gets mentioned :(

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Sothe forced makes perfect sense story-wise. They should have made him a bit better, though.

And Almedha makes absolutely no sense at all. Again, story. No powers, remember?

That's the heron king, right? A Heron with formshift would have been cool, but only if transforming actually made a difference. It doesn't, really, on Rafiel, for example. Well, it makes him able to actually take a hit, but aside from that it isn't particularly useful for Rafiel to transform.

That's the heron king, right? A Heron with formshift would have been cool, but only if transforming actually made a difference. It doesn't, really, on Rafiel, for example. Well, it makes him able to actually take a hit, but aside from that it isn't particularly useful for Rafiel to transform.

Even shifted, Rafiel is still getting doubled by everything after Part 1, and what doesn't double him (lolDragons) OHKOs him.

All shifting does is render him incapable of going up or down ledges :(. Now, if Reyson had formshift, it would be really really good.

Even shifted, Rafiel is still getting doubled by everything after Part 1, and what doesn't double him (lolDragons) OHKOs him.

All shifting does is render him incapable of going up or down ledges :(. Now, if Reyson had formshift, it would be really really good.

Mostly it just gives him the res to survive being doubled by mages outside part 1. I think even that may stop eventually, though. But yeah, physicals ORKO him outside part 1. Maybe some even ORKO him (transformed) in part 1.

Also, Vika, Tormod and Muarim having more playtime (not that I mind having to boss abuse Vika in Part 1, but I'd rather not be forced to do it).

Agreed. She caps in like everything if you use her enough in Pt 4 that is. =]

I actually loved Radiant Dawn's story. Probably the reason was because I got to see Micaiah go through Part 1 and Part 3 doing completely retarded things, and then see her get her just desserts when she got crushed and her whole world swept out from under her feet. That was pretty fun. Micaiah was retarded, but that made the game more enjoyable for me.

Can't be helped from someone who is branded and having Scizoprhinia.

I liked the part where Sothe gets dropped down the mountain, I wish he died. :angry:

Indeed. He's a jerk and that he takes up a character slot in the final five parts.

6. Have Muarim, Vika, and Tormod join you earlier.

7. Not have to bring Sothe into the final chapter. He's just a waste of space who exists to be replaced by Nasir or Gareth (In my opinion, someone else may say that he has some kind of use for the Endgame)

6. And having more availibility.

7. He should be replaced by someone who is alot better, like Volke.

...and better paired endings! At the very least, Ike should've gotten with a woman, dammit!

What do you expect from someone who is a monk?

Sothe forced makes perfect sense story-wise. They should have made him a bit better, though.

And Almedha makes absolutely no sense at all. Again, story. No powers, remember?

Sothe is only there because of his relation to Micaiah, in that case Mist should be forced too.

At least for endgame I would have liked to be Sothe free.

Ameldha could of been Sophia/Sephiran-fied and by the look at her dress she fits the dark magic user look, and Soren does too :(.

Sothe is only there because of his relation to Micaiah, in that case Mist should be forced too.

Those are rather different situations. Mist is only Ike's sister, Sothe is Micaiah's protector, and he was also forced for the entire game until this point. I'm pretty sure his clinging to Micaiah is one of the reasons people hate him so much, so if it's that extreme it would make sense that he's forced to Endgame with her.

Those are rather different situations. Mist is only Ike's sister, Sothe is Micaiah's protector, and he was also forced for the entire game until this point. I'm pretty sure his clinging to Micaiah is one of the reasons people hate him so much, so if it's that extreme it would make sense that he's forced to Endgame with her.

I've never understood why people hate him so much, character wise. He's one of the DB members that is actually bearable, since he's not all like "Genocide for my country? Okay, yeah, that sounds okay."

I've never understood why people hate him so much, character wise. He's one of the DB members that is actually bearable, since he's not all like "Genocide for my country? Okay, yeah, that sounds okay."

IMO being forced in almost every map, yeah he helps in part 1 and part 3 but part 4 where he's is a liability (which is most of the time) and also being forced in the tower (where is outmached by almost all the enemies) when a more competent unit could be used instead for the tower and part 4.

His character is ok I just don't like him as a unit. In Part 1 he gains very few experience. I avoid characters like that because I feel the exp they gain can be used better on anyone else. Then he becomes useless for me over time just like Marcus, Seth, and Titania. I give him bronze weapons in part 1 and treat him like a meatshield so anybody else can get that exp, because he's still durable in Part 3 unlike the other characters.

Endgame upsets me because I have to bring many non-lord characters instead of letting me pick more of my favorite characters. I understand Sanaki, Ena, and Kurth as part of the conversations in endgame but Sothe being her protector seems like a Daisy being Peach's partner kind of thing, he's not needed and he's just there. I don't hate Sothe, I'm just annoyed he's treated like a lord for too long, none of the previous love interests or protectors were forced in for that long.

FE players are strange, strange people so if a unit is bad, they will also slander the character. Which is funny, because neither Micaiah nor Sothe are bad, and neither do any "retarded" things (unless we're talking about Miccy in 3-6). In fact, Sothe is a sort of Only Sane Man during Part 3, for god's sake. Sothe is just forced despite falling behind later on. QQ moar, you have ten free choices for five small chapters in which you won't even be using everyone every turn.

Then he becomes useless for me over time just like Marcus, Seth, and Titania.

Marcus, sure. Titania, maybe. Seth? Go play FE8 one more time.

Edited by Naglfar

I'm just unlucky with characters like them, they get screwed the most in my files.

PEMN

Calm down. Nobody's even arguing.

Besides, RNG blessing/screwing in personal experience can make someone like or dislike a unit more than they would if that unit got their expected stat growths. I can almost guarantee you that if you were playing FE7 and Raven got screwed three times in a row, you would start to hate him. This would mean absolutely nothing on a tier list, of course, but it would be a viable topic for normal conversation, certainly not worthy of some guy coming along with nothing to say but "PEMN".

Although Naglfar nailed what's happened to me with Raven. I've never gotten anything but RES, luck, or skill in a level up with him. Although this is getting off topic...

Shoulda made mages better. Either they had poor stats or crap availability.

I have some idea:

1)They should have made Meg a Pegasus Knight,I bet she would be good.

2)Fiona should just be a NPC.

3)They should have made a longuer part 2,with a least seven chapters,while playing Lucia twice,at least.

4)3-9 should have been with the Crimea Royal Army.

5)They should have kept Ilyana in the Dawn Brigade,where she could be very useful.

6)Sothe shouldn't be forced in the final chapters(He's so bad in the end)

7)They should have explained in some kind of tutorial that overusing Sothe or any pre-promote is just taking out EXP that the Dawn Brigade NEED absolutely.

8)They shouldn't have made third tier promotions:These are WAY to powerful.They should have kept Ocult scroll.

9)The skill system was better in FE9,so they should have kept it this way.

10)Calil,Tormod,Muarim,Vika and Bastian should have more playtime.

Edited by Lilmik11