The thing(s) you think IS could have done to make this game amazing

Luminothe

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Improve the support system and I would've been 10x happier with this game. Although it's cool that all units can support each other it's pretty lame seeing the convos being so generic especially since other FE games that had a support system had very interesting convos.

Better support system (FE9-style), better voice actors (Most of these in this game really sucked) and less of the narrator telling us everything. Oh, and plot twist(s). Like that big one in the middle of FE4.

Oh, and Gaiden chapters, done both GBA and FE11 style. It lets me do something with people like Fiona.

1. The way transfers worked was pretty asinine. I mean, 20/20 AND capped? That's pretty harsh. Just caps or something along those lines would've been better, I think.

2. I wish they just added all support conversations to the library instead of the one's you unlocked, so I could actually look at them all.

3. Actual support conversations in this game, and a support library obviously.

4. Hire voice actors, not some people you found off the street.

5. Maybe I'm just bad at the game, but I always felt I just couldn't get enough EXP for everybody. It seems like for Miciah's team you had to focus only on a few people.

6. what happened to jill D:

The Dawn Brigade chapters are just scarce of enemies; if you end up with any weak units come Part 4, I'd recommend putting them in Tibarn's team - you get boatloads of EXP from fighting the Feral Ones, especially whomever gets Beastfoe/Birdfoe/one of the Paragons.

I'd prefer some trimming down of the cast (if needed) to allow for support conversations, even if it's only A-supports. The closest thing you get is the Spirit Dust conversation in 3-E between Boyd and Mist :V

The Dawn Brigade chapters are just scarce of enemies; if you end up with any weak units come Part 4, I'd recommend putting them in Tibarn's team - you get boatloads of EXP from fighting the Feral Ones, especially whomever gets Beastfoe/Birdfoe/one of the Paragons.

I'd prefer some trimming down of the cast (if needed) to allow for support conversations, even if it's only A-supports. The closest thing you get is the Spirit Dust conversation in 3-E between Boyd and Mist :V

Heathers- Illyana's food conversation would have been a nice C-support

I actually like the support system in this game. Sure it'd be nice to know a little bit more about Aran's past, but in this game it's way more balanced.

Compare Mist and Rhys in PoR when it comes to supports and you'll see what I mean when I say it's way too imbalanced in that game.

Edited by kirsche

I actually like the support system in this game. Sure it'd be nice to know a little bit more about Aran's past, but in this game it's way more balanced.

Compare Mist and Rhys in PoR when it comes to supports and you'll see what I mean when I say it's way too imbalanced in that game.

they could do what they planned to do, everyone supports with everyone, but only certin couples get support conversations

keeping both parties happy :P (and writing supports for everyonexeveryone is ALOT of work)

You get Dragonfoe in 4-3, I believe... if you can get it into the convoy I think you could have all three anti-laguz skills for Tibarn's team in 4-5.

Hiring some proper voice actors would have been nice. Also, Vika, Tormod and Muarim having more playtime (not that I mind having to boss abuse Vika in Part 1, but I'd rather not be forced to do it).

Oh, and before I forget, Largo playable.

You get Dragonfoe in 4-3, I believe... if you can get it into the convoy I think you could have all three anti-laguz skills for Tibarn's team in 4-5.

You are right, it isn't hard to do at all. Chances are Sothe and Sigrun aren't able to do much killing here, so they are the perfect candidates to pick stuff up. Sothe gets, Sigrun picks up. If you have Tanith, she drops. Load up Sothe's inventory and you can send the Baselard to 4-4 or 4-5 to make either

a: Heather somewhat helpful offensively

b: Volke better

and you can get the Vague Katti to 4-4 for Mia or some other swordmaster (or send laguz gem to 4-5, but 10 turns of Vague Katti > 2 or 3 extra turns of vigoring)

and you can get Dragonfoe to 4-5 for Pelleas to destroy them with fenrir (they are lower leveled than most of the other enemies, so having Pelleas KO them even if he doesn't go to Endgame is still wise.)

You can even get the white gem to 4-5 for making extra forges in 4-5 instead of 4-E.

It's better than trying to load up 5 different units' inventories so that any one of them landing on a square can send the item to the convoy.

Pretty much what everyone said.

Support conversations could be improved (Shinon: "Hey, Boyd. You know the rules... No whining on the battlefield"; Boyd: "Hah! Just try and stop me."), and provide at least a bit ov background on the characters (either they cut these out because Heatherxgirl was to risqué, or they were too busy adding a bunch of needless weapons and stuff)

Voice actors could be better (Mia's voice doesn't match her at all... Mist just sounds...)

It could be a lot more balanced too (More Dawn Brigade chapters, so we can get them on par with everyone else by the time they come back; more balanced growth i.e. instead of Miciah having overkill MAG and RES, let's get her some speed, eh?)

Also, some of the parts of the story are just stupid.

Pretty much what everyone said.

Support conversations could be improved (Shinon: "Hey, Boyd. You know the rules... No whining on the battlefield"; Boyd: "Hah! Just try and stop me."), and provide at least a bit ov background on the characters (either they cut these out because Heatherxgirl was to risqué, or they were too busy adding a bunch of needless weapons and stuff)

Voice actors could be better (Mia's voice doesn't match her at all... Mist just sounds...)

It could be a lot more balanced too (More Dawn Brigade chapters, so we can get them on par with everyone else by the time they come back; more balanced growth i.e. instead of Miciah having overkill MAG and RES, let's get her some speed, eh?)

Also, some of the parts of the story are just stupid.

The trouble with Micaiah is that she's arguably too good if she doubles a bunch of stuff (after a few levels she generally 2HKOs everything she doesn't OHKO that isn't a bishop). OHKOing armors and cavaliers in part 1 and showing up Physic ready in part 3 and Nosferatanking in 4-E-3 and dropping bombs on Generals in 4-E-1 so that anyone can kill them... Not every unit needs to be able to obliterate everything to be useful enough to count as good.

Of course, having a super glass cannon would be cool too.

Characters. I'd like actual characters, not just fancy looking extra complex chess pieces.

I wish they would've actually finished the Laguz Begnion war. I mean, the whole part 4 just seemed kinda stupid to me.

Longer Part 2.

Better balance. Classes were pretty unbalanced, availability, too, and then those units with less availability so as to build up levels are also often given mediocre at best stats, so they really aren't very usable.

I actually loved Radiant Dawn's story. Probably the reason was because I got to see Micaiah go through Part 1 and Part 3 doing completely retarded things, and then see her get her just desserts when she got crushed and her whole world swept out from under her feet. That was pretty fun. Micaiah was retarded, but that made the game more enjoyable for me.