Red Fox of Fire's character review topic (Complete)

Florete

Off topic RFoF, but I have to ask, how exactly are you deciding how close someone has to be to capping a stat in PoR to qualify for getting that as an RD transfer? Because I could see several transfers happening that you aren't crediting. And what about who should get the statups in PoR?

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows. Noobs like me like Edward because of his great potential, always ignoring the difficulty in raising him.

Ehh, I raised him once and that was enough. He was useful in the Dawn Brigade, but after that...

Also, you should refer to yourself as a "Newb." You do not possess any of the characteristics that constitute a noob. Have some self-esteem dammit! :D

Off topic RFoF, but I have to ask, how exactly are you deciding how close someone has to be to capping a stat in PoR to qualify for getting that as an RD transfer? Because I could see several transfers happening that you aren't crediting. And what about who should get the statups in PoR?

The transfers are actually assuming fixed mode in PoR to keep capping as close to guaranteed as possible, and what is currently listed on the tier list is the best results we could reasonably get for the characters using bands and such. As for stat boosters, it depended on who could cap using a stat booster first, and then we determined who made best use of the transfer. In the end, those who were assumed to get it were the number of the stat booster in question + 1 from whoever used it best. So, if there are two Energy Drops and four can use one to cap it in PoR, the best 3 are assumed able to use it.

The transfers are actually assuming fixed mode in PoR to keep capping as close to guaranteed as possible, and what is currently listed on the tier list is the best results we could reasonably get for the characters using bands and such. As for stat boosters, it depended on who could cap using a stat booster first, and then we determined who made best use of the transfer. In the end, those who were assumed to get it were the number of the stat booster in question + 1 from whoever used it best. So, if there are two Energy Drops and four can use one to cap it in PoR, the best 3 are assumed able to use it.

I see. Do you have a list of what transfers you will assume? In the case that I would challenge the absence of one of them? I argued for Mist getting an RES transfer on the basis of one talisman a few pages back, but I never heard you comment about it.

Excuse me...I wonder...how do some characters get bonuses when they aren't capping in there FE9 averages? Are you implying personal experience and reset abuse in FE9? Because Rolf or some others characters won't be capping much or nothing at all.

Nevermind, RP got there first =P

Edited by Alan Rainsworth

I see. Do you have a list of what transfers you will assume? In the case that I would challenge the absence of one of them? I argued for Mist getting an RES transfer on the basis of one talisman a few pages back, but I never heard you comment about it.

It's all on the tier list.

As for the Mist getting Res thing, I recall replying to you with what we discussed in the tier topic, and that's that it's between her, Tormod, and Ike. It didn't get much discussion there either so I'm about ready to just roll with it for both Mist and Ike.

What's the difference between noobs and newbs? I'm a slang noob.

As far as I know, a "newb" is someone who is simply new to something, be it a game or topic or whatever. A "noob" is someone who might be well involved with something but is immature and is obviously not as smart as s/he pretends to be.

Who knows. Noobs like me like Edward because of his great potential, always ignoring the difficulty in raising him.

By saying that, you clearly acknowledge that units that must be babied to reach their potential are not good. It's a simple thing, but if you know it, you can't really call yourself a noob.

Excuse me...I wonder...how do some characters get bonuses when they aren't capping in there FE9 averages? Are you implying personal experience and reset abuse in FE9? Because Rolf or some others characters won't be capping much or nothing at all.

Nevermind, RP got there first =P

Well, I asked how Gatrie was getting a speed transfer one time in the tier list topic. Turns out it involves hogging the Knight Ward for the whole game and stuff like that. I guess that means he can make the best use of the Knight Ward, which justifies the nausea-inducing favouritism required for him to cap speed.

Fixed mode is full of stuff that isn't apparent on the surface. Damn stat experience.

Notice how the only characters that can use the knight ward that don't have a spd transfer are Danved and Tauroneo.

Notice how the only characters that can use the knight ward that don't have a spd transfer are Danved and Tauroneo.

Tauroneo literally cannot hit his cap with the KW without at least one wing.

Devdan goes from 35 --> 65% with KW and needs 13 points in 16 levels. He's not good in either game, so it's a moot point.

Tauroneo literally cannot hit his cap with the KW without at least one wing.

Devdan goes from 35 --> 65% with KW and needs 13 points in 16 levels. He's not good in either game, so it's a moot point.

There probably should be some sort of priority list with the KW, and the units at the top of the list will be assumed to receive it to cap speed.

There probably should be some sort of priority list with the KW, and the units at the top of the list will be assumed to receive it to cap speed.

It starts with Gatrie and Neph. They're great in both games, so they're going to get most of the time with it. After that, Titania and Oscar are probably next in line.

It starts with Gatrie and Neph. They're great in both games, so they're going to get most of the time with it. After that, Titania and Oscar are probably next in line.

I don't see that happening, however. Gatrie would have to hog for about 15 levels, which isn't going very quickly. Nephenee does NOT need the KW to cap speed. I would say Oscar would want it for a few levels, Titania wants it. Makolov would love a speed Transfer, but he's CRK so it's not like its going to make a big difference in his 3 chapters. If I had to choose, I would give Oscar and Titania it, and Gatrie would get any remaining time and maybe a speedwing.

Well, I asked how Gatrie was getting a speed transfer one time in the tier list topic. Turns out it involves hogging the Knight Ward for the whole game and stuff like that. I guess that means he can make the best use of the Knight Ward, which justifies the nausea-inducing favouritism required for him to cap speed.

Fixed mode is full of stuff that isn't apparent on the surface. Damn stat experience.

It honestly isn't that bad when you think about it. Any levels gained in the base can be assumed with a band of your choice because they can be moved around and you can still trade during a map, so Gatrie should be able to get it often enough without taking it from others a significant amount of time. Also remember that NM is assumed for the Fixed PoR runs.

Nephenee doesn't need any help to cap her speed, so she never needs the KW.

It honestly isn't that bad when you think about it. Any levels gained in the base can be assumed with a band of your choice because they can be moved around and you can still trade during a map, so Gatrie should be able to get it often enough without taking it from others a significant amount of time. Also remember that NM is assumed for the Fixed PoR runs.

(Not to mention we kinda decided on comparing transfer units as if they are the only transfer unit. I don't think any of us like this method, though. It's just the least bad of all the options for how to do it. So you could stick the KW on Gatrie from the moment you have Astrid recruit him and never ever remove it. Just talk, trade, then when you move Gatrie have him equip the thing. He's the only one going to RD so he's the only one that matters. Problem is what thinking like that means for stat boosters, but oh well. Nothing is flawless and not all things need to be done the same way.)

(Not to mention we kinda decided on comparing transfer units as if they are the only transfer unit. I don't think any of us like this method, though. It's just the least bad of all the options for how to do it. So you could stick the KW on Gatrie from the moment you have Astrid recruit him and never ever remove it. Just talk, trade, then when you move Gatrie have him equip the thing. He's the only one going to RD so he's the only one that matters. Problem is what thinking like that means for stat boosters, but oh well. Nothing is flawless and not all things need to be done the same way.)

The lesser of two evils. Unfortunately, consistency had to take a backseat in favor of further discussion.

I hope that I fit in that [newb] category as well.

^

On topic, Gatrie getting the KW actually doesn't change much IIRC. His speed is already WTF in RD, a few points at base only gets him doubling a few extra units in 3-P.

Of course, I could be very wrong, since it's been a few months since I last played this game.

Edited by CamCam

Gatrie's doubling abilities pre-Crown are pretty iffy, the 2 pts of Spd definitely don't go to waste.

Of course he'll still need the 3-3 Crown and have some issues in Part 4 since he has cap issues, but a Spd transfer still helps.

Well, throwing a shitload of stat boosters on someone in PoR has the same sucker-punch effect on tiering discussion as assuming multiple transfers deployed at the same time, so it's just another one of those things that gets hand-waved in the name of making it possible to discuss in the first place.

The lesser of two evils. Unfortunately, consistency had to take a backseat in favor of further discussion.

Well, throwing a shitload of stat boosters on someone in PoR has the same sucker-punch effect on tiering discussion as assuming multiple transfers deployed at the same time, so it's just another one of those things that gets hand-waved in the name of making it possible to discuss in the first place.

I agree with both posts. Just wanted to make sure anyone that thinks I/we don't see any possible inconsistencies knows why we are ignoring them.