Red Fox of Fire's character review topic (Complete)

Florete

^Yeah. Sigrun isnt amazing or even all that good. 3.5 is fair. She has a use though. She has utility like Red Fox said and also she can finish off stuff if you want her to. Or chip damage. Tanith is better but not like much better. I think those scores are fair.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing either of the three can't do with a Killer Lance.

Certainly there is. Killer lance only has 9 mt; Wishblade has 22. Essentially a 39 damage difference. The Triangle Attack is also a guarenteed crit, while enemies in endgame have shiny luck stats, which means the base 30 given by killer is already close to negated, and so you end up with displayed crits maybe around 20. Lastly, bosses can negate mere regular crits later on, but the triangle attack says no to that.

I forgot about that one, but that's not something quite possible unless you SS rank either of them, as stated in the review, Sigrun isn't exactly a good choice for Endgame, even if she does contribute to form the Triangle Attack.

Others are going to want Wishblade, just take a look at Gatrie, Nephenee or Aran.

Sigrun may be worth taking to endgame simply for triangle atttack madness. Tanith, Marcia, and Elincia definitely should go, because OHKO on auras is nice, as is killing the other bosses.

Well, it's possible to show that Marcia is the best Wishblade canditate. So with Marcia/Elincia already part of the 10, Tanith is an easy 3rd pick. Dunno if it can make up for Sigrun's failure. Even with a Silver Greatlance she won't 3HKO Generals, and she doesn't double either, but I guess she can help set it up.

Well, it's possible to show that Marcia is the best Wishblade canditate. So with Marcia/Elincia already part of the 10, Tanith is an easy 3rd pick. Dunno if it can make up for Sigrun's failure. Even with a Silver Greatlance she won't 3HKO Generals, and she doesn't double either, but I guess she can help set it up.

I agree Marcia can be better than Neph with the thing (hello flying and 9 move and like 1 or 2 less str as a tradeoff but not caring who she supports if she wants +mt) but I have to admit how hard it is to get her there. Not that I think it stops her from being worthy of the 'blade. However, it does mean that I'm already feeding a bunch of kills to Marcia and may not have the ability to similarly raise Tanith while being even remotely efficient about it. Or maybe that's just because I was simultaneously raising Marcia + Calill + Ilyana. Oh well.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Her avaibility isn't as good as Neph, meaning she won't get enough time to train as Neph does, Neph also bears better concrete durability, the Mov difference isn't that big. And don't forget what I last said, Marcia's avaibility is worse, it will actually take her longer to SS-rank lances, she'd have to kill many, many enemies in her joining chapter by herself. Nephenee has better time SS rank.

Her avaibility isn't as good as Neph, meaning she won't get enough time to train as Neph does, Neph also bears better concrete durability, the Mov difference isn't that big. And don't forget what I last said, Marcia's avaibility is worse, it will actually take her longer to SS-rank lances, she'd have to kill many, many enemies in her joining chapter by herself. Nephenee has better time SS rank.

I already acknowledged difficulty of training (which was only due to lack of availability). Frankly, it's not that hard though and canto-ing really makes a difference in 4-E-5 if you want to abuse dragon skills well. It kinda makes me wonder if they were thinking about that when they gave all the decent paladins <34 spd caps. Whatever.

Anyway, that's the only thing holding Marcia back: availability. Def is like 2 or 3 away from Neph's at most. Marcia caps at 28 def at 20/11 or 20/12 (and hits 50 hp at 20/9 or 20/10). At 20/14 Neph averages 29 def and 50 hp. Neph's def can maybe be higher, but it's not that big a deal. Neph could maybe be able to take a second hit from a red dragon before dieing. I doubt it, though. They have ~same res, though, for whites.

Hitting ss lances is stupidly easy in this game. she starts at B.

60 wexp to A. 70 wexp to s. 80 wexp to ss.

steel greatlance has 4 wexp. steel has 3.

15 hits to A or 20 hits to A.

silver has 5 wexp.

14 hits to s. 24 with steel lance (probably forged).

Then 16 hits with silver to ss.

With doubling, do you now how ridiculous this is?

10 battles with steel lance to A rank. 12 battles with steel lance to s rank. 8 battles with silver lance to ss rank.

30 battles total, and that's mostly with the slower wexp lances because she can't get a forged silver until 4-2/3/4 at the earliest.

Are you seriously telling me you can't do this in:

2-P, 2-3, 2-E, 3-9, 3-11, 3-E, 4-P/1/2, 4-3/4/5, 4-E-1, 4-E-2 in time to use the wishblade as you want in 4-E-3? Heck, in 4-E-2 if you aren't 1-turning.

9 chapters before 4-E-2 starts. 30 battles. 3 and a third battles a chapter. How are you seriously telling me she can't do this like it's child's play? We aren't talking about laguz here with their pathetic 1 wexp per swing. This is a melee beorc in fe10. These creatures that we call melee beorc quite literally have the fastest growing weapon levels in the entire series. If you can't pull off ss for them in their primary weapon you aren't even remotely trying.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

This is bullshit at its finest. Melee Beorc in RD grow weapon levels mad fast. Which means Neph's extra availability means squat. And considering that Silver Lances are buyable in 3-9... Your argument just falls flat on its face hardcore. Many times. Very hard.

REALLY LATE EDIT: Narga, there's the caveat that you can't start gaining WEXP toward SS rank until you're in third tier. Not that it makes that big of a difference, since by that point, 8 battles with a Silver Lance isn't a whole lot (assuming doubling).

Edited by Richter Lanford

Well, if that weren't enough you have about a gazillion Arms Scrolls you can by at the Endgame base. Obviously Sanaki might take one (for Nosferatu) and Micaiah might take a few (Rexaura for Lehran and Fortify, if she's not at S Rank Staves already).

It annoys me that Marcia doesn't start with B Swords, though, since I want to give her the 2-3 Steel Blade, since it doesn't cut her AS like the Greatlance does.

Oh, and Narga forgot Marcia gets Wyrmslayers for Endgame as well.

Well, if that weren't enough you have about a gazillion Arms Scrolls you can by at the Endgame base. Obviously Sanaki might take one (for Nosferatu) and Micaiah might take a few (Rexaura for Lehran and Fortify, if she's not at S Rank Staves already).

It annoys me that Marcia doesn't start with B Swords, though, since I want to give her the 2-3 Steel Blade, since it doesn't cut her AS like the Greatlance does.

Oh, and Narga forgot Marcia gets Wyrmslayers for Endgame as well.

I've mentioned it so many times though in other comments about her v Nephenee. I guess I completely forgot this time. Yeah, it basically makes her a better endgame unit (if you raise her) than Neph because she's the best for the 'blade and can obliterate white dragons and 3HKO reds quite easily. You can even (maybe) trade out her wyrmslayer for the wishblade on enemy phase. I say maybe due to needing someone nearby that either doesn't need to do anything or at least can do something good while standing adjacent to Marcia.

And yeah, I didn't bother with the whole needing to promote to hit top rank thing. If you promote her before 4-3/4/5, though, I can't imagine being incapable of pulling 8 attacks in two chapters when most of those chapters will see 8 attacks in the first ~4 turns. Or more.

This is bullshit at its finest. Melee Beorc in RD grow weapon levels mad fast. Which means Neph's extra availability means squat. And considering that Silver Lances are buyable in 3-9... Your argument just falls flat on its face hardcore. Many times. Very hard.

REALLY LATE EDIT: Narga, there's the caveat that you can't start gaining WEXP toward SS rank until you're in third tier. Not that it makes that big of a difference, since by that point, 8 battles with a Silver Lance isn't a whole lot (assuming doubling).

More lik your hate towards Neph has got you. Yes, but it won't matter when avaibility isn't as good either. Oops, forgot asbout Arms Scrolls, just thought someone else might need it, but re-thinking it, there aren't many good options to give them to.

Edited by Soul

More lik your hate towards Neph has got you. Yes, but it won't matter when avaibility isn't as good either. Oops, forgot asbout Arms Scrolls, just thought someone else might need it, but re-thinking it, there aren't many good options to give them to.

Still, his point was that you majorly fucked up on the Weapon Level point. Volke dumps 20K on you right before Endgame. Assuming you sell off all 3 Anima SS weapons (Who the hell's using it? Rexbolt is lol, Rexflame requires a high level Calill, and Rexcalibur is unnecessary in 4-5, unless you pull the "Soren is the best mage" BS again), you get another 23250 in cash. Total 43250. Enough for something like 4 Arms Scrolls, if you actually need that, and you still have 10K for other stuff. Still not enough? Start selling off everything you don't need. You're practically swimming in cash. You've easily got more than enough to buy Arms Scrolls or whatever shit you need. The only people that may even want the Arms Scrolls are Micaiah, if she hasn't really been used, Sanaki on Light for Nosferatu tanking, and ... Sothe? Oh wait, he just takes Matrona, and his fighting sucks balls unless he gets Bane, but then someone else just kills him.

Oh yeah, and about your "oh u hate neph so u argue her down bla bla bla", using that logic, you'd have asked for Micaiah to get an 11/10.

Edited by JB25

Still, his point was that you majorly fucked up on the Weapon Level point.

I agreed with that already.

Assuming you sell off all 3 Anima SS weapons (Who the hell's using it? Rexbolt is lol, Rexflame requires a high level Calill, and Rexcalibur is unnecessary in 4-5, unless you pull the "Soren is the best mage" BS again), you get another 23250 in cash. Total 43250.

Ilyana's great enough at bashing dragons, she doesn't oneround them, but it's quite some damage.

She has the same avaibility as Marcia, she isn't entirely useless, not many of her group are doing well.

In RD, you didn't even answer that. How is that a stupid statement? He got there first in the many poll topics I've seen here and many other sites, Micaiah's there second, people take advantage of her healing utility most, they don't bother giving Rexaura to her.

Edited by Soul

Ilyana's great enough at bashing dragons, she doesn't oneround them, but it's quite some damage.

She has the same avaibility as Marcia, she isn't entirely useless, not many of her group are doing well.

In RD, you didn't even answer that. How is that a stupid statement? He got there first in the many poll topics I've seen here and many other sites, Micaiah's there second, people take advantage of her healing utility most, they don't bother giving Rexaura to her.

What? Ilyana's availability THRASHES Marcia's, but Ilyana's still trash since she levels too slowly in Part 1 to be any good in Part 3. And then she's also got her beautiful magic growth.

And I have no idea what the hell you're saying in your second point.

What? Ilyana's availability THRASHES Marcia's, but Ilyana's still trash since she levels too slowly in Part 1 to be any good in Part 3. And then she's also got her beautiful magic growth.

She starts at a decent enough level, at an early chapter at that too, she takes some babying, the same one you give to Micaiah, you could use it on her, it's not such a waste.

I was talking about Callil, not Ilyana on the avaibility statement.

And I have no idea what the hell you're saying in your second point.

There aren't enough facepalms for this. Why? I already told this to you over four times, only for you to either be an idiot as to ignore it or bring up some stupid excuse or a change of subject.

Someone PLEASE explain it to this kid, if Soren's not the best FERD sage, what's so hilarious about that? He's not the worse one either.

Edited by Soul

I have to assume he was talking Calill (though Marcia actually beats her) even though he didn't do anything to indicate that at all.

Just an FYI for all of you, if you want Micaiah to be your Fortify Station, you're using either Arms scrolls or you're dragging your ass in in 4-E while she uses Discipline and chain-heals to catch up. Her tier 2 Staff cap is not S, it's A. She doesn't promote to tier 3 until after you leave 4-E's base, which is the first chance you have to get her to S-rank. Naturally, there's plenty of money for this, and plenty of Arms Scrolls for both her and anyone else.

Well, what cash do we have access to in Part 4?

Rexbolt (4500 gold)

Rexcalibur (3375 gold)

Rexflame (3750 gold)

Three Arms Scrolls (12000 gold)

Valaura (3400 gold)

Bolganone (1500 gold)

Two Nosferatus (2000 gold each)

Ashera Icon (4000 gold)

White Gem (10000 gold)

Two Laguz Gems (37500 gold each, ridiculous)

Baselard (9400 gold)

Balberith (6750 gold)

Blue Gem (5000 gold)

Red Gem (2500 gold)

Arbalest (3000 gold)

Shriek (1500 gold)

Fortune (3000 gold)

Statue Frag (4000 gold)

Daemon Card (2500 gold)

There's also two Tempest Blades that go for 5k each, one from 3-13, one from 4-4. Even given that you will want to use some of this stuff, how can you possibly use up all three Arms Scrolls, and not have the 8000 to buy one for Marcia? We get that much just from selling the Dark tomes. We get almost FIVE times that amount from the Laguz Gems. Money is not short in Part 4, not by a long shot, and this is not counting the tens of thousands you may have left over from earlier in the game.

Not that it really matters, since Marcia is almost guaranteed to have SS Lances. Like Narga said, 8 rounds of combat with the Silver Grtlance or Spear, 10 if we use a Steel Greatlance. After that, she's just better - better 2-range with the Tempest Blade, better movement, better affinity, better combat vs Dragons with Wyrmslayer.

Just an FYI for all of you, if you want Micaiah to be your Fortify Station, you're using either Arms scrolls or you're dragging your ass in in 4-E while she uses Discipline and chain-heals to catch up. Her tier 2 Staff cap is not S, it's A. She doesn't promote to tier 3 until after you leave 4-E's base, which is the first chance you have to get her to S-rank. Naturally, there's plenty of money for this, and plenty of Arms Scrolls for both her and anyone else.

I still remember hitting 6 figures in Easy Mode after selling everything I wouldn't need now that I only had 13 or 14 units that need weapons. That was my first playthrough so I got better at actually spending stuff in the next two and by HM I only had 50000+ in 4-E. My favourite part of that was that I made an epic silver bow forge (in HM) for the sole purpose of having shinon ORKO the double bow guy from 3 range with reasonable accuracy (+25 hit almost cancels the -30 hit from using 3 range and I think I spent all that plus crit and mt just for fun). I don't think he actually used it on anything else, so that's like 6500 gold per hit. Good times.

2250 to pay for the bow. +250% each for mt, crit, hit. I may have only maxed out mt and crit, though, so let's say +15 hit.

+590% from maxed mt, crit, and only 15 hit.

2 hits used.

6637.5 gold per hit.

(edit: oh, oops. I forgot that they have that in addition. Um, add 2250 on top of the 13275 and add 1125 to the gold per hit. Over 7500 gold per hit)

And people complain about Mia and her 160 to 200 gold per hit forge that I only get one of (usually a silver forge is made in 4-2, but she's also usually not the only one using it).

Oh, and why not have Marcia pulling forged silver until the wishblade? I mean, that's 5 wexp anyway and you can't get any more than that elsewhere. It's also far and away her best 1 range option.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

She starts at a decent enough level, at an early chapter at that too, she takes some babying, the same one you give to Micaiah, you could use it on her, it's not such a waste.

I was talking about Callil, not Ilyana on the avaibility statement.

Except that unless you keep using her over and over again, she's not hitting tier 2 before Part 3, unless you Master Seal her for Celerity to pass over or something. Even so, an 18/1 Ilyana does shit against enemies in Part 3. Even people like Rolf are probably doing better. For Calill, what happened to "oh she has bad availability to no ss fiyah for her bla bla bla"?

There aren't enough facepalms for this. Why? I already told this to you over four times, only for you to either be an idiot as to ignore it or bring up some stupid excuse or a change of subject.

Someone PLEASE explain it to this kid, if Soren's not the best FERD sage, what's so hilarious about that? He's not the worse one either.

Well, it's pretty hard to know who you're talking about when don't even say his FUCKING NAME.

And for SOREN, he's frail, he gets 2-shotted, and he can't heal until he hits third tier, which is only feasible via Master Crowning him. But wait, we've got one for Gatrie, maybe one for Haar, and one for someone else. And gaining Flare + Heal on promotion sucks compared to something like Luna on promotion, while having Rhys and Mist healing already. While Micaiah acts as a second healer for the DB, something which they actually need, and even though her attacking sucks, her healing amounts to more than what Soren will ever do, which is pretty much a low-choice attacker.

Edited by JB25

Well, it's pretty hard to know who you're talking about when don't even say his FUCKING NAME.

And for SOREN, he's frail, he gets 2-shotted, and he can't heal until he hits third tier, which is only feasible via Master Crowning him. But wait, we've got one for Gatrie, maybe one for Haar, and one for someone else. And gaining Flare + Heal on promotion sucks compared to something like Luna on promotion, while having Rhys and Mist healing already. While Micaiah acts as a second healer for the DB, something which they actually need, and even though her attacking sucks, her healing amounts to more than what Soren will ever do, which is pretty much a low-choice attacker.

And then throw in Thani making her your best unit on armors and cavs in part 1 and it becomes a Yune-stomp.

Err, sorry about that ending there.

Except that unless you keep using her over and over again, she's not hitting tier 2 before Part 3, unless you Master Seal her for Celerity to pass over or something. Even so, an 18/1 Ilyana does shit against enemies in Part 3. Even people like Rolf are probably doing better. For Calill, what happened to "oh she has bad availability to no ss fiyah for her bla bla bla"?

Paragon for her, seeing as people wish to level-up Micaiah using Wrath+Sacrifice most of the time.

I never said that.

It pretty much isn't when you actually pay attention at the context of the character we're talking about, especially when I DID mention his names over and over and over again.

Getting two-shotted is news for a mage? In RD? He's only falling lower than Micaiah, I also did mention that he was either first or second, his Atk is actually pretty good, it's not like he's locked to Wind only. So yeah, I don't see what's so funny about saying he's the best mage, Micaiah is used as a healer, her Thanibombing glory ends in Part 1, after that, she's basically another healer, people don't take her much into consideration as an actual sage. Reason why I said Soren is the best Sage in RD, I don't take into consideration the fact that she's a lord and that she's primaraly used for healing.

And Sanaki is totally not tanking with Nosferatu, she is very fragile, putting a magic user up there for tanking isn't exactly the most thoughtful of things, especially when she looses a significant ammount of AS when bearing such a heavy tome, most things that aren't bishops double her.

Rhys gets benched after his Part 3 days, he's even worse than Soren, in both, concrete and evasive durability. Soren getting staves at 3rd tier is a down because of how late he gets it? That's bad? Better at some point than never, especially when how redundant healing becomes with each 3rd tier magic user you get that isn't Sanaki, the other two worth using are either Callil or Ilyana, I still question Callil's avaibiilty unless you give Paragon to her. Anyway, at least Soren's damage proves to be existent, he targets Res, something Mist isn't doing, she's swordlocked as well as having crappy Str, making her Atk pretty damn mediocre.

Edited by Soul