Red Fox of Fire's character review topic (Complete)

Florete

Well, considering that you can 8-turn Chapter 1-9 without Micaiah so much as even getting attacked, that sort of diminishes the value of giving her the Robe in the first place.

Thats interesting, outside of that chapter I really don't see a need for Micaiah using seraph robe even Eddie can use it better.

I just used it to train her a little and have her survive.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fenrir, we're having Miccy sacrifice and then use wrath on player phase. We're not exposing her on enemy phase because she's never more than 2HKOd and is often doubled, at least later on. Giving her durability boosters is sort of a waste. It takes a ton to get her to 3HKOd, in which case she can still only face one enemy because of her awful speed.

As for 1-4, I've had Wrath!Eddie suicide more times than he's helped. Takes out an enemy, next one comes in, he's dead.

Well, considering that you can 8-turn Chapter 1-9 without Micaiah so much as even getting attacked, that sort of diminishes the value of giving her the Robe in the first place.

Care to explain how to do this? Because I can't do less than a 12 turn on the chapter without exposing her and getting her to make lucky criticals and dodges.

The one thing I do better than everyone else is the one that gets ignored. Not that I mind it's just whenever someone brings up 8 turning 1-9 no one seems to have a clue.Here's a turn-by-turn walkthrough of it. Now that it's posted here it might get some attention.

Turn 1: Nothing. End Turn.

Turn 2: BK east 1 and Attack the Fighter. Micaiah North 1 West 2.

Turn 3: BK North 3 West 1 Attack the Fighter. Micaiah East 2.

Turn 4: BK North 1 West 2. Micaiah North 2.

Turn 5: BK West 1 Attack. Micaiah North 2 West 1.

Turn 6: BK East 2 South 1. Micaiah West 1.

Turn 7: BK East 2 South 2. Micaiah North 1.

Turn 8: Kill Jarod with BK.

Edited by oval

Alright, well thanks to the both of you for this. I've just never known that there was a good strategy for it, that's all...

*Would've saved me five turns in the draft tournament if I knew this ahead of time...*

Also, I think you can trim that down to 7 turns if Micaiah has Celerity. She should be able to move to a space where she can reveal Jarod on turn 7, allowing BK to KO (unless Jarod doesn't appear until turn 7 enemy phase).

Ah right forgot to mention that. It's too bad Celerity is best used on Sothe in 1-8 and you can't take skills from other people in the 1-9 preparations screen. Also I'm pretty sure he appears on turn 6 enemy phase because when you move the BK onto his turn 7 spot you can see Jarod right in range.

Fenrir, we're having Miccy sacrifice and then use wrath on player phase. We're not exposing her on enemy phase because she's never more than 2HKOd and is often doubled, at least later on. Giving her durability boosters is sort of a waste. It takes a ton to get her to 3HKOd, in which case she can still only face one enemy because of her awful speed.

As for 1-4, I've had Wrath!Eddie suicide more times than he's helped. Takes out an enemy, next one comes in, he's dead.

you put him so only one tiger can reach.

The one thing I do better than everyone else is the one that gets ignored. Not that I mind it's just whenever someone brings up 8 turning 1-9 no one seems to have a clue.Here's a turn-by-turn walkthrough of it. Now that it's posted here it might get some attention.

So i can finally thank you, thanks.

*Would've saved me five turns in the draft tournament if I knew this ahead of time...*

haha

EDI: as usual i phrased what i was saying not as best i could, then narga phrased it perfectly, so thanks, and that was what i was trying to say

Edited by Fenrir

Does Micaiah get to attack enemies with that strategy?

Does Micaiah get to attack enemies with that strategy?

at the very end, she can attack a dude but not kill, it really isn't important though, because i dont think miccy needs levels, all she'll be doing is healing from here on out.

Giving her the seraph robe can make a difference in 1-9 though instead of being OHKO'ed she gets 2HKOed so that gives her a chance to survive.

With her poor speed, she'll probably get doubled, so I doubt the extra HP will be much help anyway.

Don't worry, oval, we've used it and given credit to you for it in runthroughs before.

Alright, well thanks to the both of you for this. I've just never known that there was a good strategy for it, that's all...

That's if that strategy even applies to NM...

Still, I'd like to have known it a little earlier myself.

It's been a long time coming but here we are at the end. I may or may not do some minor score adjustments now that I have all the ratings in.

Renning

The next character we all thought was dead from Path of Radiance.

Unfortunately, Renning doesn't have the kind of crazy ability other Endgame-only units like Giffca and Caineghis do. He's not exactly bad; I'd call him pretty average in his performance against enemies. The problem is that you should have enough really good units to not need someone so...average. Given that he comes four levels from max, pretty much all of his performance will happen at base level. Unfortunately his Speed is just barely too low to double most of 4-E's Generals, and he doesn't even have a chance of doubling other generic enemies. However, he does have the advantage of being able to use both Hammers for the Generals and Wyrmslayers for the Dragons. On top of having a nifty 9 move, Canto, and decent durability he makes for a decent filler unit if for some reason you have no one else to fill your tenth slot.

So yeah. It's a shame he doesn't have enough time ro build support because that Earth affinity would have been nice. He also Bonds with Elincia for +10 crit, but unless you're also fielding Lucia and Geoffrey, which you really shouldn't do, it likely won't come to much use for either of them.

2.5/10

Gareth

I laugh at this guy's Defense. Why? Because he has among the highest acquirable Defense at base level right after the physical enemies are all done. IS is trollin' us.

Unfortunately, his Resistance sucks. So does his Speed. Prepare for him to get doubled by every single enemy he faces and take lots of damage. Ashera can even one round him, transformed, from max HP without any help. But of course, he can get help in the form of buyable Pure Water, so as long as you know what you're doing you can keep him alive. In that way he can be of help with his Blood Tide. Just like Ena, except for two maps as opposed to five. Of course, these could be considered the two most crucial maps to have Blood Tide in, so he's got the best case scenario for his position. He can help give more damage and Hit against high Defense enemies and blah blah blah like in Ena's review. Unlike her, though, he also has monster Strength, but since his Hit is unreliable and he can't use his own Blood Tide it's hard to give him much credit for it where it would really matter.

Okay unit, but late arrival and low Resistance hurt him a bit. Nice to have on the field, at least.

2.5/10

Nasir

Nasir is the Resistance version of Gareth. He has a monster base in a stat that actually matters.

Nasir's base Resistance makes him completely impervious to all Spirits. As such, he can be good for weakening a bunch at a time, like the ones around Lehran that don't move. That's not his main point of interest, though. White Pool is what makes this guy noteworthy. +5 Speed is amazing, and +5 Magic can also be good in the right position. The Speed helps people who wouldn't normally be able to double Spirits or Auras the ability to, making clearing them out much faster. Most units don't reach 39 Speed but a lot do reach at least 34, so Nasir will come in handy on practically any team. Needless to say, any quick clear of 4-E-5, and likely 4-E-4 as well, will rely on Nasir's White Pool.

The +5 Magic isn't too amazing, but it can help in a few ways. It can let an Archsage double with a long range tome along with dealing +5 (for a total of +10) damage, often helpful for clearing Spirits. It can also be used with a max Speed Calill or Tormod against corner Auras that physical fighters have a hard time against due to being on Defense tiles.

As stated, Nasir is useful on almost any team. All that keeps him down is his late start; as good as he is, he just isn't around long enough to make a significant impact.

3.5/10

Transfers:

Wait, why did I even bother?

Lehran

The last unit! Getting him is a pain, but the rewards are...well, not all that great.

Lehran is that last minute Athos-like unit, and by last minute, I mean that almost literally. He's generally only around for 3-4 turns, and with his positioning on the first he might only be able to act for 2-3 of them. Still, he can help. 40's in Magic, Skill, Speed, Luck, and Resistance make for some nice offensive material with a blessed tome like Rexaura. It makes him one point of damage off from killing corner Auras in two rounds, which can be made up for with Nasir's White Pool or left for someone weak like Sothe. He can also use any Staff, though you shouldn't be having too much of a need for that.

It's hard to say much about a guy who only has one short chapter.

1.5/10

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Lehran

...which can be made up for with a stronger tome (Rexflame or Rexcalibur) or Nasir's White Pool...

1.5/10

Um, Lehran can't use Rexflame or Rexcalibur. His weapon ranks are SS light, SS Dark, and SS staff. No anima tomes. Just thought that should be pointed out.

(Not to mention that the auras recover 40HP each turn from Mantle. :/)

Edited by Cocytus

Um, Lehran can't use Rexflame or Rexcalibur. His weapon ranks are SS light, SS Dark, and SS staff. No anima tomes. Just thought that should be pointed out.

I feel like I've made this mistake before...Oh well, corrected. Thanks for that.

(Not to mention that the auras recover 40HP each turn from Mantle. :/)

Herons.

Eh, just throwing a random question out. But had Radiant Dawn been like the Japanese version, in particular the 'Can't promote without item' clause. Would the third tier joiners be rated higher, assuming you missed a Crown here or there (And you sure aren't finding them without memorizing, or using a guide, which to do the former, you did the later) or, would their scores stay the same, since you could easily replace them with a Royal Laguz?

Eh, just throwing a random question out. But had Radiant Dawn been like the Japanese version, in particular the 'Can't promote without item' clause. Would the third tier joiners be rated higher, assuming you missed a Crown here or there (And you sure aren't finding them without memorizing, or using a guide, which to do the former, you did the later) or, would their scores stay the same, since you could easily replace them with a Royal Laguz?

Requiring a guide of some sort to find things out doesn't generally have an effect on things. After all, we're currently posting on a site with all the information about this game that you should ever need, so statements like "The player might not know this item is right here" aren't considered. Even so, third tier and Laguz units (and possibly Ike, Sothe, Micaiah, and Mist) likely would get boosted a bit in the Japanese version, or at least others would fall, since you can't use Master Crowns as recklessly as we sometimes do (See: Gatrie). As far as I remember, though, there were still a good amount of Crowns in the Japanese version so it wouldn't be too much of an issue. My guess is that people who benefit significantly from an early promotion, like Gatrie, and maybe others like Titania and Haar, would drop slightly because you're more likely to want to save your Crowns for units that turn out better in the long run. It all depends on how many Crowns there are, though.

Requiring a guide of some sort to find things out doesn't generally have an effect on things. After all, we're currently posting on a site with all the information about this game that you should ever need, so statements like "The player might not know this item is right here" aren't considered. Even so, third tier and Laguz units (and possibly Ike, Sothe, Micaiah, and Mist) likely would get boosted a bit in the Japanese version, or at least others would fall, since you can't use Master Crowns as recklessly as we sometimes do (See: Gatrie). As far as I remember, though, there were still a good amount of Crowns in the Japanese version so it wouldn't be too much of an issue. My guess is that people who benefit significantly from an early promotion, like Gatrie, and maybe others like Titania and Haar, would drop slightly because you're more likely to want to save your Crowns for units that turn out better in the long run. It all depends on how many Crowns there are, though.

My memory is fuzzy, but I seem to recall there being 13 Master Crowns, one for each endgame user chosen unit. However, of those at least one of them is unlikely to be found by the player, referring particularly to Ike's fort defend level.

My memory is fuzzy, but I seem to recall there being 13 Master Crowns, one for each endgame user chosen unit. However, of those at least one of them is unlikely to be found by the player, referring particularly to Ike's fort defend level.

Why not find it? You can virtually rout that chapter (yes, on HM) if you feel like it. I know I normally leave less than 6 alive. Bottom right corner, right? The real problem is that if you go fast (like, 2 to 4 turns) then you are very unlikely to get that. However, I doubt that finishing in 4 turns is the problem that you had with the crown.

Anyway, there are more crowns early, so it's entirely possible that Gatrie/Titania/Haar would actually get helped by this. Maybe you don't have to choose between them at all. It all depends on just how quickly you get them.

The number is 13. We know that much (well, I'm getting it from a gamefaqs guide, but I have to believe this means that 13 is the minimum, not an overestimation, since the guy would have found all 13). But in attempting to skim the guide a month or two ago, I couldn't actually find a list, chapter by chapter, of how to get all 13. In other words, I couldn't tell you how much trouble Gatrie/Titania/Haar would have getting 3 early crowns of their own, nor could I tell you if that would make Mia/Shinon/Nephenee have to wait any longer for their own.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with your ratings for the last few characters. I don't think Stefan or Volke should be above Nasir, nor should they be two points above Renning. Renning's 29AS is bad, but it doubles most of the 25AS Axe Generals on the left of 4-E-1. It's also possible to manipulate his speed with BEXP and leftover stat boosters - HP and Skill cap instantly, and Defense only needs one level + Dracoshield in order to cap. And his better movement is useful for 4-E-3 and 4-E-4, even if he is admittedly terrible in 4-E-5.

Lehran comes with the Ashera Staff... I was under the impression that healing off all that AoE and possibly Aurora damage at once is pretty damn useful. Could you enlighten me as to why you "don't need staves" in 4-E-5? I understand it's done quickly on an efficient run, but will you really not have any units who might like a touch of healing to attack safely, even with a 2-turn finish?

Especially seeing as Lehran starts too far away to do much else on turn 1, and some teams may like the freedom of being able to take as much Aurora damage as they like on the first turn if they need that little extra boost for a quick finish. I'm not sure how much of an argument that is, but with, if I'm not wrong, four Nihil scrolls and two Parity scrolls, someone could quite feasibly bite some semi-significant damage at some point and an all-purpose staff in your inventory isn't all that bad a thing to have. In the end, the staff's usefulness depends on how many turns you're aiming to clear the chapter in, and whether or not it can shave off a turn. ...Yeah, that's what the Ashera Staff is worth, folks. One turn. Maybe.

Mm. I'm not going to say this is any more important than a "just in case" sort of thing, and it's clearly not worth a change in anyone's score, so you decide if there was any point to this post or not. postcount

Edited by Naglfar

I see Lehran as no matter how efficiently you clear it, you're not one-turning Ashera (or are you?) so she's getting her first AoE off, and you'll want some healing to mitigate that in preparation to fight Ashera/tangle with Auras sans Nihil/weather her next attack.

Course, he acts for two or three turns ever and fills a niche Fortify!Mist/Micaiah/Rhys/etc/etc/etc could still do, so 1.5 is still fine.