Red Fox of Fire's character review topic (Complete)

Florete

I'm surprised Ena isn't being rated more highly. I'd put her at least equal to Stefan.

As would I, unless you were to lazy to train someone Stefan(and volke) are pretty useless, even the hawks are better im pretty sure.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, Zihark with transfers doesn't make any difference?

He kills the same, he lives the same, he dies the same. What's the difference? He still needs brave to kill things in part 1 and I don't think the +2 str even saves many uses. His durability doesn't get any better for part 3 (aside from 4 avo) and his offence remains mediocre without a brave and he still fails to KO tigers with a brave.

This is one of the few characters in the game that can get +2 str and spd and see almost no improvement. The only time it shows any difference is part 4 and he still won't be as strong as Mia anyway.

I think being able to double and possibly 1RKO Cats with a Steel sword actually means something. Along with the Spd bonus, he gets a slightly better Adept activation rate.

Bearing +2 Str also comes in handy as Fighters gain more HP.

I think being able to double and possibly 1RKO Cats with a Steel sword actually means something. Along with the Spd bonus, he gets a slightly better Adept activation rate.

Bearing +2 Str also comes in handy as Fighters gain more HP.

So? Brave sword KOs Fighters anyway. He's not about to start 1RKOing Cats and their 42hp, 14 def (some even have 16 def). He'd need 35 mt and that simply isn't happening. 19 str and a 14 mt forge is only 33 mt. He needs 2 str procs with a 35% str growth and 3 levels if you paragon a lot prior to 3-6. Trust me, there isn't any significant difference in his part 3 performance. He shouldn't have adept in part 3 anyway, but even if you did the difference between 23% and 25% is minor. He needs 30 mt to ORKO the weaker tigers with brave and he's not getting that until 21 str (also 2 str procs).

Trust me, there isn't much difference in his performance.

That seems fair.

But why doesn't he get Adept?

Tell me why he should. What is gained by it? In return, you lose the option of having Adept on both Mia and Nephenee. Or Mia and Ulki or something when he appears. Mia and Ranulf in 3-4 if you like.

You have to give up some pretty amazing things to get...what, exactly?

I only do it to make him a decent fighter during Part 3 without relying on the already used up Brave Sword.

Mia easily gets Soren's Adept. As for Nephenee, her activation rate is about the same as Zihark's, if not, it's actually lower. But I don't think that doesn't help her.

Neph should be doing fine with adept, if you're gonna bother using Zihark, leave his innate skill on.

You can't do both. Did you mean Neph should be doing fine without adept? She does okay, but I'd rather have Adept for 3-2 to 3-E GM chapters rather than 1-E, 3-6, 3-12, 3-13. Particularly since I'd rather not allow for things like Adept in 3-6 and 3-13. Units like Nolan and Jill and Volug are much more controllable and easy to plan around. Adept is like a ticking time-bomb to screw over your coming plans. And Zihark makes it activate more often than other units (like Jill with Brave) miss.

You can't do both. Did you mean Neph should be doing fine without adept? She does okay, but I'd rather have Adept for 3-2 to 3-E GM chapters rather than 1-E, 3-6, 3-12, 3-13. Particularly since I'd rather not allow for things like Adept in 3-6 and 3-13. Units like Nolan and Jill and Volug are much more controllable and easy to plan around. Adept is like a ticking time-bomb to screw over your coming plans. And Zihark makes it activate more often than other units (like Jill with Brave) miss.

yes, yes i did mean bolded, sorry for my spelling error =/

I would not use Zihark if we're playing effeciantly, and if you don't want him using adept than you don't need to since neph or Shinnon put it to nice use.

Nolan/Jill are much better than Zihark, I'd rather have jill on every chapter she appears on than Zihark, and Nolan is amazing P3.

Shinon's offense gets pretty much fixed after he gets Silencer. Giving Adept to him is such a waste, considering he doesn't get much of an Enemy Phase...=/

So right, Nephenee does pretty well without Adept. What is recommendable to fix her offense is a max Critical Steel forge.

Shinon's offense gets pretty much fixed after he gets Silencer. Giving Adept to him is such a waste, considering he doesn't get much of an Enemy Phase...=/

So right, Nephenee does pretty well without Adept. What is recommendable to fix her offense is a max Critical Steel forge.

And on the flip side of the arguement, nothing fixes Zihark's defense, so why would he hoard the adept.

So, i guess the only thing transfers help Zihark with is killing w/ out brave sword, which can be nice for P3 i guess. The drawback here is that he doesn't have the durability, and I'm pretty sure a forge in P1 will let him KO most things as well.

Which Adept helps use to its fullest.

Edited by nflchamp

Why wouldn't we give Neph the Adept scroll? We're giving it to Mia because she can use it very well with her SPD and it helps ORKO faster.

After Mia, the next character I could see using it is Neph. She still has excellent SPD, so it's not like we're giving Adept to a General, so she'll still have a fairly decent activation rate.

The only other 2 non-SM characters I can think of are Nolan and Jill, but even then that's only because of a +1 SPD cap, which is a minor thing, in my opinion.

Volug might want it early on, as it can help him ORKO, but there's the transformation issues, which might mess around with his activation rates.

I can't believe that we have to go over this resource allocation issue that has been thoroughly explained a long while back. Use some common sense, people. The value of having a skill innately is extremely little.

Titania is either doubling -- in which case basically everything dies and she does not need Adept in the first place -- or she is not doubling -- in which case she loses activation chances badly to anyone who 3HKO's and doubles (Mia, Nephenee, Ranulf, Ulki).

Past that... I guess she's OK with it. About as good as a non-doubling Gatrie, Oscar, or Haar.

Edited by Interceptor

That makes sense

Also I think Lyre should be the only 0.0 graded unit because Fiona can be useful sometimes as a non-fighter unit where as Lyre can't (well without a cost anyways).

Meg seems more like a 1 to me btw shoving is useful in Part 1 to make a difference on the other .5 characters, and she has early combat utility.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Hehe, can't believe no one noticed this:

Giffca is, pretty much, exactly like Giffca.

Cain's Shadow that is. :P

Just thought I'd let you know Red Fox.

Edited by Colonel M

I was just to lazy to point it out :P

@dondon, how is it hardly useful to have innate skill? eddy with inate wrath is pretty nice. As is Mia's vantage, if its a slight advantage to give it to someone else i think the innate feature makes up the ground, unless its a big advantage, like sorens adept, bad idea to keep on him.