cardRenning.jpg

cardKurthnaga.jpg

cardEna.jpg

cardCaineghis.jpg

cardGiffca.jpg

cardGareth.jpg

cardNasir.jpg

cardLehran.jpg

lazy edit: increased gareth and nasirs cmc to 11 total.

another lazy edit: Changed the wording on Stefan's card to just... "Players can’t cast spells unless it targets a single creature or player."

Edited by Andrew W.K.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mtgrd.jpg

STEAL-THREAD POWERS!

(Yeah the wording on Lehran's Medallion is super long since I wanted it to do lots of things! It's also a bit overcosted, since originally it pulled out Ashera rather than Judgement (which is also probably overcosted) before I decided that was silly. )

Lehran himself seems super-cool, but why does he have Flash of all things?

I also liked the way you made Nasir and Gareth mirror-images of each other!

Heh, I think Oliver would be better with Squee's ability. And it should be conditional on having a Heron - after all, why would Oliver come back without such stunning beauty?

>_>

it's really weird how different our cards are...

i would put yune and ashera as planeswalkers, but i have a better surprise for planeswalkers...

also, why does your izuka have no pow/tough?

lehran has flash for the lulz

Edited by Andrew W.K.

>_>

it's really weird how different our cards are...

i would put yune and ashera as planeswalkers, but i have a better surprise for planeswalkers...

also, why does your izuka have no pow/tough?

lehran has flash for the lulz

Whoops, forgot Pow/Tough on Izuka. Probably a 2/2 or a 3/3 though. Hardly matters, since it's not like you'll be doing anything other than pumping out Feral Ones.

I tried to avoid using the character portraits, since they're fairly dull (just a guy standing around? IT'S VOLUG, HE SHOULD BE SURFING DOWN A ERUPTING VOLCANO ON HIS ABS), and because there's no background, which detracts a lot from the pictures. Sadly, it's hard to find good pictures of characters - the GMs have the cutscene at the end of 2-E, but that's about it. I think the most important part of an MTG card is beautiful artwork, so I didn't really like making other characters.

I initially put Ashera as a planeswalker, but I couldn't decide what abilities to give her, so I gave up. She does so many things, it was hard to decide.

Why doesn't Lehran have double strike? In RD he has as much spd as any beorc will ever get. And he isn't weighed down by Rexaura or Balberith by more than 1 point and so still has the spd (39) to double every enemy in the game.

I suppose he's got a lot of stuff already, but still.

Also, what does "protection from everything" mean? Is that basically Mantle? Shouldn't "Legendaries" be able to damage him?

(Rhys still can't heal.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Sooooooooo, does Stefan prevent me from summoning creatures? I might not be very up to date on my Magic: The Gathering knowledge, but I do know creatures are spells.

Yes, since they lack a target. Spells must have a single target to be ignored.

The wording as it is is actually incorrect; It should read "Players cannot cast spells that do not target one creature". I imagine Smash was going for "Players cannot cast spells that target more than one creature".

Protection from everything is:

Can't be damaged

Can't be targeted

Can't be enchanted

Can't be blocked

tried to make one myself.

Chaosreleased.jpg

Hm... "released" should be capitalized. "World enchantment" is a term that went out of use ages ago. And I'm pretty sure the line is "Destruction is much more interesting than stasis".

As for the card itself, it has an interesting ability. But the cost is WAY higher than it ought to be.

Why doesn't Lehran have double strike? In RD he has as much spd as any beorc will ever get. And he isn't weighed down by Rexaura or Balberith by more than 1 point and so still has the spd (39) to double every enemy in the game.

I suppose he's got a lot of stuff already, but still.

Also, what does "protection from everything" mean? Is that basically Mantle? Shouldn't "Legendaries" be able to damage him?

(Rhys still can't heal.)

Well, Lehran is basically an almost guaranteed 15 damage for 12 mana. While it's expensive to cast

Rhys has staff, he can heal.

Also, I really should try to fix stefan's wording. Yeah, it wasn't my intention for him to stop creature summons >_>

What if it's "Players can't cast sorceries or instants unless they target a single target"? My intention was to stop global spells like wrath of god or something like that.

EDIT: changed stefan's card

Edited by Andrew W.K.