Ross, Ewan and Amelia

Raven

What promotion path is your most favoured for each?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Ross:

• Journeyman > Fighter > Warrior
    • Journeyman > Fighter > Hero
    • Journeyman > Pirate > Berserker
    • Journeyman > Pirate > Warrior
    • Journeyman > Journeyman (2) > Hero
    • Journeyman > Journeyman (2) > Journeyman (3)
  2. 2. Ewan:

• Pupil > Mage > Sage
    • Pupil > Mage > Mage Knight
    • Pupil > Shaman > Druid
    • Pupil > Shaman > Summoner
    • Pupil > Pupil (2) > Sage
    • Pupil > Pupil (2) > Pupil (3)
  3. 3. Amelia:

• Recruit > Cavalier > Paladin
    • Recruit > Cavalier > Great Knight
    • Recruit > Knight > General
    • Recruit > Knight > Great Knight
    • Recruit > Recruit (2) > Paladin
    • Recruit > Recruit (2) > Recruit (3)

• 4 weeks later...

Fighter > Hero for Ross

Mage > Sage for Ewan (I don't care for dark magic)

Cavalier > Paladin for Amelia (Knight is absolutely out of the question for me, and I just don't like Great Knights, seeing as when you're a horse type unit, 6 move is pretty sucky, and being weak to horseslayers AND armorslayers doesn't help, not to mention that their sprite is ugly and the animations bland)

I had them all as Super Trainees and that was lulzy.

Ross: Journeyman > Pirate > Berserker. CRIT BONUS and GO EVERYWHERE is awesome.

Amelia: Recruit > Cavalier > Paladin. Yeah. Her strength growth likes to go poop with that route but i love Paladins.

Ewan: Pupil > Mage > Mage Knight. usually. Sometimes i make him a Shaman/Summoner though just for extra summon fun.

Recruit->Cavalier->Paladin.

compared to cav->GK it loses 2 HP, 1 skl and def and 1 con as well as axes, but gains 2 extra move. I consider that extra move worth more in this situation.

Ross -> Pirate -> Berserker

BECAUSE ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD PASS UP ROSSZERKER

But really, it's more to address Ross's SPD problem. Ross goes Fighter and he gains no SPD, but gains an extra point of SPD if he goes Pirate and another once he goes Berserker. That's the same amount as Fighter -> Hero gets. But Hero doesn't get the critical boost and Waterwalk. Not to mention insane CON along the route.

Hero gets Swords, which can mean a lot for durability reasons(lol 15 extra avoid) and that extra hit may come in handy now and then. That +2 defense also goes into that.

There's also the issue of Colm wanting that early Ocean Seal to go Rogue.

The berserker do win offense by quite a bit though, as long as he's not fighting a swordsman without a reaver weapon.

Ewan -> Shaman -> Druid

Other than nearly having a monopoly over Dark, Anima is just very HIGHLY contested between Lute and Sage Artur/Moulder/L'arachel/etc. Dark isn't that bad for a replacement (Better than bows amirite) as well as +2 STR when promoted to Shaman. Druid caps are wtf though: +0 STR and SKL but +3 SPD and +2 DEF and RES. Not to mention Anima AND Staves. Besides, Mage Knight doesn't give enough DEF or STR for Ewan.

Mage Knight Ewan equals Druid Ewan in mag, just saying. It's still a horrible promotion choice.

Frankly, Druid Ewan is overrated. He beats out Summoner Ewan slightly in combat(1 mt, 4 or 5 crit), and only if he uses thunder(he still loses hit). If both uses Flux, the Summoner has better offense.

And Summoner Flux beats the Druid out if he uses anything else than Thunder/Excalibur+it gets the summons.

Thunder is a very slight win, while Excalibur is a big one. However, that Excalibur won't be used until creature campaign, which means it's 1 hp,1mt, 4 or 5 crit, 1 def vs Summons+1 res and 2 hit.

The extra utility from summons>that rather minor stat advantage. However, if you're gonna hand Ewan a Body Ring, he wants to go Druid for Elfire and thus a more definite win battlewise.

Neither Sage nor Mage Knight really come that close to the summoner. The Mage Knight has 3 less AS and only wins mt with thunder(unless he wants to weigh himself down) by 1.

Sage loses 2 AS and 1 con and 1 mag. Even with Thunder, it only ties attack and wins by a small bit in crit.

And since Ewan is gonna be underlevelled anyway, why not give him a class where he doesn't have to worry as much for his defenses, and on top of that gets an extra 10 xp for each Phantom?

Ross -> Pirate -> Berserker

BECAUSE ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD PASS UP ROSSZERKER

But really, it's more to address Ross's SPD problem. Ross goes Fighter and he gains no SPD, but gains an extra point of SPD if he goes Pirate and another once he goes Berserker. That's the same amount as Fighter -> Hero gets. But Hero doesn't get the critical boost and Waterwalk. Not to mention insane CON along the route.

Hero gets Swords, which can mean a lot for durability reasons(lol 15 extra avoid) and that extra hit may come in handy now and then. That +2 defense also goes into that.

There's also the issue of Colm wanting that early Ocean Seal to go Rogue.

The berserker do win offense by quite a bit though, as long as he's not fighting a swordsman without a reaver weapon.

There's no real reason for Ross not to be using Swordreavers. I mean, who else is gonna use them, Dozla? I guess you could give them to Garcia (lolgetsdoubledbyheroes), but Ross and Garcia are going to be sitting next to each other half the time anyway for their h4x support, so they can trade it around as needed.

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose. I just don't find him being locked to axes to be bad. I like the +15% Crit and the Con. Hero = best class in terms of combat power, so I see where you're coming from.

Ross Hero, always. Do you want to keep using nothing but axes after promotion? Nay, you want to be able to use sexy Killing Edges against those annoying sword and axe enemies.

Swordreavers, mountain/water walking, +15% crit, and more Con > Swords imo.

Uh... Maybe. Having an entire weapon type added really is pretty good. I just don't have a problem with it since I can easily have someone else fight swords for him or give him a swordreaver. He can't megarape other axe users without being a Hero. Also, I believe he is faster as one.

CATS makes sense to me.

He can't megarape other axe users without being a Hero.

How so? Any given Axe will beat it's Sword counterpart by 1-2 MT even when the Sword is at WTA. Unless you think accuracy is an issue, which I doubt. The Berserker route grants him the same Str boosts as well.

Also, I believe he is faster as one.

Incorrect. Journeyman > Pirate > Berserker gives 2 Spd and 5 Con. Journeyman > Fighter > Hero gives 2 Spd and 3 Con. Although he's never reaching it without massive Luck, Berserker also has a higher Spd cap.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Why would you use Druid Ewan? Thunder has the same Mt as Flux. Summons > anything Druids offer.

Doesn't he have the best stats as a Druid and still get to use Anima magic?

How so? Any given Axe will beat it's Sword counterpart by 1-2 MT even when the Sword is at WTA. Unless you think accuracy is an issue, which I doubt. The Berserker route grants him the same Str boosts as well.

Incorrect. Journeyman > Pirate > Berserker gives 2 Spd and 5 Con. Journeyman > Fighter > Hero gives 2 Spd and 3 Con. Although he's never reaching it without massive Luck, Berserker also has a higher Spd cap.

I am a total scr00b at this game because I don't like it at all. :(