Need people to test multiple playthrough things

VincentASM

Is anyone intending to play through the whole game soon and isn't bothered about obtaining the Soren Epilogue scene?

If so, I'm aware that the criteria for obtaining the scene are a bit fuzzy, so I'd like to do a few tests regarding them.

(Got enough volunteers right now!)

Looking at the game data, it seems to me that you simply need to fulfil the following criteria to obtain it.

1) Soren and Pelleas are both alive at the end

2) Make Soren fight Micaiah in Part 3 Chapter 7

3) Make Soren fight Pelleas in Part 3 Final Chapter

However, I'm not well versed with the game code, hence the need for testing.

Besides the above, I'd also like the following to not be achieved:

1) Make the Black Knight participate in Part 1 Final Chapter

2) Make Ike fight the Black Knight in Part 3 Chapter 7 (and both survive)

(i.e the criteria to unlock Ike's memory scene)

Edited by VincentASM

I may be able too, I am at 2E and didn't use the BK in 1E, but it is my first time playing hard mode on this and progress is slow <_< so I can't guarantee anything soon but I will try to fill the requirements

My current playthrough is at 4-2 and satisfies all 3 conditions so far. I was also unable to make Ike fight the BK in 3-7, which is good for this topic. I was alternately too busy and too lazy to continue for at least a couple months, but now I suppose I have more reason to continue it.

Alright, that sounds cool. I think 3 people working on this should be sufficient evidence that those three are the only criteria needed (or not, if it doesn't work).

There are a few other things that I'd like to test as well, but I need to carefully collect the details first ^^

Edited by VincentASM

Yep, I don't need transfer data.

I don't know how I forgot to mention it, but it also needs to be on a 2nd playthrough or over.

As a matter of fact, I've never been able to figure out how to do a data transfer on 2+ playthroughs, so I've always assumed it is impossible.

So a Soren/Ike A support from POR should be impossible to achieve along w/ pelleas being alive.

Is anyone intending to play through the whole game soon and isn't bothered about obtaining the Soren Epilogue scene

where Almedha reveals that Soren is her real son

?

If so, I'm aware that the criteria for obtaining the scene are a bit fuzzy, so I'd like to do a few tests regarding them.

Looking at the game data, it seems to me that you simply need to fulfil the following criteria to obtain it.

However, I'm not well versed with the game code, hence the need for testing.

Besides the above, I'd also like the following to not be achieved:

1) Make the Black Knight participate in Part 1 Final Chapter

2) Make Ike fight the Black Knight in Part 3 Chapter 7 (and both survive)

(i.e the criteria to unlock Ike's memory scene)

I finished those three conditions for Soren's epilogue scene and it did show up when I finished the game.

Edit: I didn't let Ike didn't engage the Black Knight on Part 3-7 (because he was going to get doubled by him and no speedwings) and I did deploy the Black Knight on part1 of final chapter and I didn't get Ike's memory scene.

Edited by Patchouli

Okay, that sounds promising. I'd still like some people to check (just to be completely sure), if they still want to.

Before I get started on the next thing, is anyone on a 3rd playthrough or over and hasn't ever transfered FE9 data?

Okay, that sounds promising. I'd still like some people to check (just to be completely sure), if they still want to.

Before I get started on the next thing, is anyone on a 3rd playthrough or over and hasn't ever transfered FE9 data?

I haven't transferred FE9 data and is over 3rd playthroughs.

Edited by Patchouli

Ooh, perfect.

If you're replaying the game soon, could you test the following things?

* In Part 3 Chapter 7/Endgame, try and convert Jill using Mist.

* In Part 3 Chapter 7/Endgame, try and convert Zihark using Brom and Ilyana.

* Attempt to view the Soren Base Conversation, in Part 4 Endgame-5, with only an Ike x Soren A Support and having viewed Ike's memory scene in Part 4 Endgame-2 (obtained by deploying the BK in Part 1 Endgame and making Ike fight the BK in Part 3 Chapter 7 and both characters survive).

Basically, I'd like to know if it's possible to do those without transferring data. I know that in the Japanese FE7, you can view the FE6-related Epilogue scenes by either linking up with FE6 or by beating the game several times (9-11 times).

If anyone else wants to try, feel free as well ^^

Edited by VincentASM

Don't you have to have Pelleas attack Izuka in 4-5 as well?

Don't you have to have Pelleas attack Izuka in 4-5 as well?

Making Pelleas attack Izuka isn't necessary to unlock the scene.

Edited by Patchouli

Ooh, perfect.

If you're replaying the game soon, could you test the following things?

* In Part 3 Chapter 7/Endgame, try and convert Jill using Mist.

* In Part 3 Chapter 7/Endgame, try and convert Zihark using Brom and Ilyana.

* Attempt to view the Soren Base Conversation, in Part 4 Endgame-5, with only an Ike x Soren A Support and having viewed Ike's memory scene in Part 4 Endgame-2 (obtained by deploying the BK in Part 1 Endgame and making Ike fight the BK in Part 3 Chapter 7 and both characters survive).

Basically, I'd like to know if it's possible to do those without transferring data. I know that in the Japanese FE7, you can view the FE6-related Epilogue scenes by either linking up with FE6 or by beating the game several times (9-11 times).

If anyone else wants to try, feel free as well ^^

I just did it. Jill will convert, Zihark will if you use Brom. I haven't tried the last one though...

NOTE: I play on a fixed disc.

About the converting Zihark and Jill thing.

Mist couldn't convert Jill but they won't attack each other

Brom and Ilyana couldn't convert Zihark though Brom and Zihark won't attack each other. Ilyana and Zihark will still kill each other.

(I'm not playing on a fixed disk btw)

Edited by Patchouli

Brom and Ilyana couldn't convert Zihark though Brom and Zihark won't attack each other. Ilyana and Zihark will still kill each other.

Are you sure Zihark attacks Ilyana? I'm pretty sure Zihark is programmed not to attack Ilyana and I don't see why Ilyana would show different behaviour.

Are you sure Zihark attacks Ilyana? I'm pretty sure Zihark is programmed not to attack Ilyana and I don't see why Ilyana would show different behaviour.

Well, when I selected Ilyana I had an option to attack Zihark so I assumed they both will kill each other. I'll go test this again when I get to part 3 endgame

Edited by Patchouli

All these requirements were met yet no soren conversation at the end.

*i'm not too sure if i had transfer though(although i know even if i had, i didn't transfer A support from por cause i don't have that yet) cause i started this pt a months ago.*

I just did it. Jill will convert, Zihark will if you use Brom. I haven't tried the last one though...

NOTE: I play on a fixed disc.

Were you able to try Ilyana for recruiting Zihark?

Yes. Zihark killed her.

Yes. Zihark killed her.

Hmm, perhaps the Zihark x Ilyana bond is more important than I suspected.

There is definitely data that suggests Zihark shouldn't attack Ilyana. Also, when compiling the battle convos, Zihark was found to not attack Ilyana.