who is better Harr Ike Jill or shinon

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better Harr Ike Jill or shinon?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mordecai IS amazing.

But the royals are just lolbroken.

@Pegi getting Nullify- too bad most peg knights you get in the game either have no availability (Elincia/Marcia) or just suck (Tanith/Sigrun). You shouldn't normally be deploying those four unless its Part 2, and even then it's only to improve Elincia/Marcia's levels; nothing further. You shouldn't give Nullify to Pegis, ergo, since like in many of IS's games, Wyverns > Pegasus.

It's not going to a pegasus, except maybe Elincia. It's going to a Hawk. Or Naesala. The Royal flyers are taking 50+ damage from x-bows with >60 displayed accuracy. Or are you going to tell me that they suck too? After you already said they were broken?

They're broken enough usually not to need Nullify anyway. For God sake, when Janaff is better than Tibarn, who is just lolbroken, you don't NEED to give it to them. Maybe Ulki but not Janaff.

Mordecai IS amazing.

But the royals are just lolbroken.

@Pegi getting Nullify- too bad most peg knights you get in the game either have no availability (Elincia/Marcia) or just suck (Tanith/Sigrun). You shouldn't normally be deploying those four unless its Part 2, and even then it's only to improve Elincia/Marcia's levels; nothing further. You shouldn't give Nullify to Pegis, ergo, since like in many of IS's games, Wyverns > Pegasus.

It's not going to a pegasus, except maybe Elincia. It's going to a Hawk. Or Naesala. The Royal flyers are taking 50+ damage from x-bows with >60 displayed accuracy. Or are you going to tell me that they suck too? After you already said they were broken?

They're broken enough usually not to need Nullify anyway. For God sake, when Janaff is better than Tibarn, who is just lolbroken, you don't NEED to give it to them. Maybe Ulki but not Janaff.

Naesala needs it for part 4. There are lots of crossbows that will 1HKO him if he's got <50 HP. He really needs it to make sure that he doesn't die. Remember, crossbows have 100 hit and the crossbow units in part 4 tend to have ~160-170 hit to Naesala's 102 base avoid (transformed). With bio against him, he can easily be facing 75 displayed (87-88 true). He may be a royal, but he's definitely wanting that nullify far more than other units.

• 1 month later...

Are you kidding me?! Only 6 votes for Shinon (+ mine)? :o

He's EPIC!! :awesome:

Shinon: ORKOs everything but swordmasters and generals and has great durability.

Ike: ORKOs everything but swordmasters and generals and has insane durability.

What's the difference? Ike can do this on enemy phase as well as player phase. That's a big difference. Also he does have better durability thanks to his Earth.

Well, he starts with just 23 AS, so for a bit he's not ORKOing as much, and Shinon does get the Double Bow for 4-E, but that doesn't outweigh the whole enemy phase thing.

I voted for Haar. I think part 2 and flier utility beats Ike's better performance in actually fighting, because Haar is places none of your other units can make it a lot of the time.

I would rate Jill>Shinon based on the "good unit who becomes great unit in bad crew of units > always great unit in good crew of units" logic, and overall Haar>Ike>Jill>Shinon.

Just want to say Naesala doesnt get good use out of it. The only crossbow he fears being hit by is the 4-E-P guy around the middle of the river, and he can't even OHKO him. And his move squares tend to keep him from moving with the paladins he is nearby, so you could even post-attack canto into his range w/ naesalea and often not have anyone else able to hit naes.

And though there are a fair amount of crossbow users in the desert chapter IIRC, they are irrelevant since they can only attack 4 hexes around them and naes flies.

Edited by SeverIan

Ike always owns harder than everyone for me. :3

It could be because I use him most, but still, Haar and Shinon kick ass too, so I use them quite a bit as well. Still, Ike always ends up number one in the end. xP

Jill...I haven't really trained her enough to say how good she is.

Ike is only better than Haar if you give him a transfer.

Otherwise, Haar is a goddamn superman. and Jill should've been replaced with Gatrie and Mordecai should have been added.

And to people who are saying Haar has SPD problems... you're right. But in the chapters he IS in, a large majority of the enemies have piss speed to begin with. GOOD LUCK NOT BEATING 2-E WITHOUT HIM. OR MUCH OF PART 3. OR THAT GODDAMN DESERT OR SWAMP IN PART 4.

I'm 170% positive that Haar is not the reason 2-E is able to be 1 rounded. I'm sure he could, if given plenty of additives, but Elincia can ORKO Ludveck on the first turn, easily. You might have to give her some BEXP'd STR, or just fish for the Stun. I repeat: Haar isn't needed in 2-E. Or in any of those places for that matter... I mean, he's good, but not ZOMG the only way to play the game...

Shinon: ORKOs everything but swordmasters and generals and has great durability.

Ike: ORKOs everything but swordmasters and generals and has insane durability.

What's the difference? Ike can do this on enemy phase as well as player phase. That's a big difference. Also he does have better durability thanks to his Earth.

Well, he starts with just 23 AS, so for a bit he's not ORKOing as much, and Shinon does get the Double Bow for 4-E, but that doesn't outweigh the whole enemy phase thing.

I guess, but if it was a question about who really is the best, the they wouldn't have made a poll out of it. :P

I just find Shinon a lot funnier and more interesting in the battlefield. ;)

It's Ike for me.

being forced and capping everything but mag/res with only little BExp abuse

Haar lacks speed, which is the most important stat IMO

and I don't like mounted units...

I never used shinon, I like training rolf more.

Jill is good, but, like I said, I don't like mounted units

Edited by whase

I guess, but if it was a question about who really is the best, the they wouldn't have made a poll out of it. :P

There are multiple standards under which you can define best, so there are bound to some standards in which Shinon is the best.

I just find Shinon a lot funnier and more interesting in the battlefield. ;)

Yeah, anyone that likes Shinon's personality more than Ike's or Haar's or Jill's would have more fun using him. Personally I don't like his personality, but I understand not everyone likes what I like.

Ike is the best of the 4

Jill is one of the best DB members and one of my favourite characters

Shinon is cool but lacks an enemy phase (screw crossbows, they're weak as hell)

Haar's good but sometimes his low speed holds him back

they're all good though

I'm 170% positive that Haar is not the reason 2-E is able to be 1 rounded. I'm sure he could, if given plenty of additives, but Elincia can ORKO Ludveck on the first turn, easily. You might have to give her some BEXP'd STR, or just fish for the Stun. I repeat: Haar isn't needed in 2-E. Or in any of those places for that matter... I mean, he's good, but not ZOMG the only way to play the game...

But IIRC Haar allows you to get dracoshield while OHKOing ludveck, so he gets credit for that, no?

((At least I think there's a strat for that, but I don't remember exactly how it works. Uses heather, haar, leanne and elincia obviously)

The Dracoshield is a stealable item, Haar killing the general holding it doesn't help much.

No. I mean that if you are 1 turning the chapter, I am under the impression you need Haar (and marcia???) for rescue/take/drop'ing heather. Or maybe it's 2-turning???

I never 1 turn it, since I only minimize turns when there's a BEXP reward, so I'm not sure. But I'm pretty sure that short-turning the chapter while getting the draco-shield requires non-elincia fliers and leanne to get heather in there.

I say Ike, if only for the fact that a transfer Ike on hard mode has an offensive lead on Haar that is arguably comparable to the latter's flying and tanking utility. Plus, Ike has the blue hair factor, which I feel is a cooler trait than Haar's lethargy.

Haar is able to demolish about every other unit with one eye closed. That's got to be worth something. I'm also pretty sure that Kinata said something about the mirror pictures with Haar under your control and Haar under the enemy's control closed having different eyes patched meaning he doesn't need the eyepatch.