Most AWESOMEST Character

Anouleth

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norris (Nolan).

He caps nearly everything except Strength and Defence, the latter is really not a problem because he avoids like nothing else and has an avoid boosting Affinity. Reavers have very high Strength, and Norris is usually at 38 or 39 which is still immense.

A close second is Gatrie, who has probably the best growth rates in the game and immense bases.

Edward is also awesome, but annoying as hell to train.

Ike for me...All the power up items go to him (since he has to defeat the final boss), but he's completely powerful and defends almost everything :).

Another powerful one for me is tibarn. Although he has that built in weakness...he dodges many attacks and him at his highest level makes him strong.

Oh yeah, I forgot Harr as well. He's also very very good for me. I leveled Jill to keep them together, but she is still weaker than Harr, even when both of them are at max level.

Edited by Hatari

Ike for me...All the power up items go to him (since he has to defeat the final boss), but he's completely powerful and defends almost everything :).

Another powerful one for me is tibarn. Although he has that built in weakness...he dodges many attacks and him at his highest level makes him strong.

Oh yeah, I forgot Harr as well. He's also very very good for me. I leveled Jill to keep them together, but she is still weaker than Harr, even when both of them are at max level.

Note to all debaters: go somewhere else if you want to start a tier discussion. I'm not interested in the likelihood that they will hit their max stats.

Sorry about that. Anyway, I personally think that, given that both characters have their stats capped, Jill would actually be better than Haar overall. Even though she has less defense and strength, that 3 speed difference makes a huge difference towards the end of the game due to the fact that the spirits in the last two levels have 28 or 30 AS, Dheginsea has 30 AS and Auras have 35 Spd. Why is this relevant? Because Haar isn't doubling any of these (except for the thunder spirits which have 28 AS) and Jill can double all of them (though she needs Nasir to double Auras and Ashera, who has 32 AS). Even though Haar has among the best Str/Def in the game, 32 speed is really quite a big detriment overall. For this reason, I find Jill's caps to be better on the whole.

As for Tibarn, he could actually make really good use of the nullify scroll if you got it back in 2-E, though I think that he has to remove a different skill in order to get it. It will drastically help him because now he doesn't have to worry about crossbows, which were the only things really hurting him before.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

Sorry for going into that debate then Randomly Predictable.

I like Tibarn, he's a really good character, though in all reality, Ike is my tank and does everything basically with my healers using physics.

Haar and Jill work as a team, I don't separate the two...so I ignore the fact that Haar doesn't double. Actually, I have teams for my characters in general, most people work with at least one to two others, usually of the same class.

Sorry for going into that debate then Randomly Predictable.

I like Tibarn, he's a really good character, though in all reality, Ike is my tank and does everything basically with my healers using physics.

Haar and Jill work as a team, I don't separate the two...so I ignore the fact that Haar doesn't double. Actually, I have teams for my characters in general, most people work with at least one to two others, usually of the same class.

No, it's quite alright. And you can just refer to me as RP. It's much shorter and still has very limited ambiguity.

Anyway, I think that having a tag team is actually a really good strategy, especially since you can also throw in the support bonuses as well. However, I think it might help if rather than restricting to the same class, you extend it to dealing with characters with the same movement range. That should open up your support choices a little bit and also allow units to compensate for each other's weaknesses (i.e. dragonmasters work on crossbows while pegasus knights deal with the thunder mages.) Just a bit of a suggestion.

Ah, that's not a bad idea...though generally I don't take many Humans with me, most are the Laguz Royals (and volug or another strong laguz)

Usually once I get into the higher chapters, I take less than max characters because of my get everyone to third tier habit/obsession and taking level 1 third tiers don't do me a lot of good.

Soren, Jill, Haar are my constant humans along with Princess, Mist and Ike.

Might have to replay and work with your idea of mixing teams...Thanks

Ah, that's not a bad idea...though generally I don't take many Humans with me, most are the Laguz Royals (and volug or another strong laguz)

Usually once I get into the higher chapters, I take less than max characters because of my get everyone to third tier habit/obsession and taking level 1 third tiers don't do me a lot of good.

Soren, Jill, Haar are my constant humans along with Princess, Mist and Ike.

Might have to replay and work with your idea of mixing teams...Thanks

My idea? That was just my interpretation from both my experience and other people's posts. You give me too much credit. By the way, it should be known that in general, the tank order of affinities (in terms of the bonuses they give for supports) is generally Earth = water > dark > fire > thunder > light > heaven > wind. The best support pairings are to give swordmasters/trueblades earth pairings and most other characters want water. However, the earth * fire pairing Mia X Ike is one of the best since Ike needs a bit more attack and Mia wants Ike's avoid. Plus, it's the best couple.

I never understood the affinities or the biorhythms, so i ignored them for the most part.

Same with supports. besides the obvious be within 3 spaces and something good happens.

I mainly focus on damage/defense/who's around to attack again if the character can't kill the enemy/enemy ranges/healers that can heal.

Haha...Ike X Mia? I liked Ike X Princess Elinica, but overall...Sothe and Michia (sp) fan here

I never understood the affinities or the biorhythms, so i ignored them for the most part.

Same with supports. besides the obvious be within 3 spaces and something good happens.

I mainly focus on damage/defense/who's around to attack again if the character can't kill the enemy/enemy ranges/healers that can heal.

Haha...Ike X Mia? I liked Ike X Princess Elinica, but overall...Sothe and Michia (sp) fan here

Sorry, but I stand by Ike X Mia. As for what supports do, there is a page on the FE10 section, but basically, I can summarize. If two characters are supporting and are within three spaces of each other, they get a bonus determined by their affinities. Those bonuses are

Earth - +7.5 Avoid

Water - +0.5 atk, +0.5 def

Dark - +0.5 atk, +2.5 def

Fire - +0.5 atk, +2.5 Hit

Thunder - +0.5 def, +2.5 Avo

Light - +0.5 def, +2.5 Hit

Heaven - +9 Hit

Wind - +2.5Hit, +2.5 Avo

So, you sum up the respective bonus that each character contributes to find the total support bonus. In addition, having a B rank doubles these bonuses and an A rank triples them. If there is a decimal, round up (.5 in this game rounds up) In other words, Nolan X Volug B (both earth) gives +30 to both characters's avoid.

Biorhythm is simpler, I think. When biorhythm is in "Good", that character gets an additional 5 hit and avoid. They will also activate battle skills by 5% more (i.e. 22% --> 27%). They will likewise be 5% more likely to find hidden items. When in "Best", all of the following increase by 10 instead. Similarly, being in "Bad" gives a 5 point penalty to those 4 stats, and being in "Worse" is a 10 point penalty. If I was unclear on something, let me know.

Sorry, but I stand by Ike X Mia. As for what supports do, there is a page on the FE10 section, but basically, I can summarize. If two characters are supporting and are within three spaces of each other, they get a bonus determined by their affinities. Those bonuses are

Earth - +7.5 Avoid

Heaven - +9 Hit

Wind - +2.5Hit, +2.5 Avo

So, you sum up the respective bonus that each character contributes to find the total support bonus. In addition, having a B rank doubles these bonuses and an A rank triples them. If there is a decimal, round up (.5 in this game rounds up) In other words, Nolan X Volug B (both earth) gives +30 to both characters's avoid.

Biorhythm is simpler, I think. When biorhythm is in "Good", that character gets an additional 5 hit and avoid. They will also activate battle skills by 5% more (i.e. 22% --> 27%). They will likewise be 5% more likely to find hidden items. When in "Best", all of the following increase by 10 instead. Similarly, being in "Bad" gives a 5 point penalty to those 4 stats, and being in "Worse" is a 10 point penalty. If I was unclear on something, let me know.

Um. However obvious it was that you were talking about supports, I'm pretty sure he thought you were talking about pairings.

Earth - +7.5 Avoid

Heaven - +9 Hit

Wind - +2.5Hit, +2.5 Avo

Um. However obvious it was that you were talking about supports, I'm pretty sure she thought you were talking about pairings.

She specifically said that she didn't know about supports, affinities, or biorhythms, so I was explaining it to her. And yes, Hatari is definitely claiming to be female.

As for what supports do, there is a page on the FE10 section, but basically, I can summarize. If two characters are supporting and are within three spaces of each other, they get a bonus determined by their affinities. Those bonuses are

Earth - +7.5 Avoid

Heaven - +9 Hit

Wind - +2.5Hit, +2.5 Avo

Doesn't Thunder give attack, rather than defense? When I pair up Vika (Wind) and Shinon (Thunder), I get attack, hit and avoid boosts, but no defense...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

As for what supports do, there is a page on the FE10 section, but basically, I can summarize. If two characters are supporting and are within three spaces of each other, they get a bonus determined by their affinities. Those bonuses are

Earth - +7.5 Avoid

Heaven - +9 Hit

Wind - +2.5Hit, +2.5 Avo

Doesn't Thunder give attack, rather than defense? When I pair up Vika (Wind) and Shinon (Thunder), I get attack, hit and avoid boosts, but no defense...

Could you double check? My own experience and the relevant SF page both say defense + avoid for thunder

She specifically said that she didn't know about supports, affinities, or biorhythms, so I was explaining it to her. And yes, Hatari is definitely claiming to be female.

Sorry. The eternal gender assumption problem.

This heavily implies pairings. Especially since Ike x Elincia is a near-impossible support to build and will only ever hold the two of them back because of this, unless it's FE9, when I'm pretty sure Elincia has no better choices. But even then, one, it still hurts Ike, two, it's still impossible to build, three, you're not really using Elincia, and four, we're not talking about FE9.

Arguing Ike x Elincia as a good pairing is fine. Arguing it as a good support would make you the new Smash.

This heavily implies pairings. Especially since Ike x Elincia is a near-impossible support to build and will only ever hold the two of them back because of this, unless it's FE9, when I'm pretty sure Elincia has no better choices. But even then, one, it still hurts Ike, two, it's still impossible to build, three, you're not really using Elincia, and four, we're not talking about FE9.

Arguing Ike x Elincia as a good pairing is fine. Arguing it as a good support would make you the new Smash.

Go back to her original post and read the three lines above the quoted one. It's #36.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

Go back to her original post and read the three lines above the quoted one. It's #36.

I already read that. It changes nothing to how I interpret the post. But looking up further...

Plus, it's the best couple.

Maybe that explains why it went off-track.

I already read that. It changes nothing to how I interpret the post. But looking up further...

Plus, it's the best couple.

Maybe that explains why it went off-track.

Fair enough. Hatari said she didn't understand supports that well, so I explained them. But I also got into a pairing, and then it derailed at that point.

Ahhh, sorry everyone! I was talking about the couple Ike X Elincia in reply to RP's Ike X Mia statement that they were the best couple, but then I asked about supports and biorhythms as well. (I also personally really don't like Mia as a character - she's a pain to level and is generally weak in my game - so I'm a little prejustice against her and Elincia is an awesome healer and the double hit sword is really nice to use). So you were both right in your reading of my post. Sorry for the confusion.

RP Thanks for the explanation about supports and biorhythms :).

And yes I am a girl!!!!

Ahhh, sorry everyone! I was talking about the couple Ike X Elincia in reply to RP's Ike X Mia statement that they were the best couple, but then I asked about supports and biorhythms as well. (I also personally really don't like Mia as a character - she's a pain to level and is generally weak in my game - so I'm a little prejustice against her and Elincia is an awesome healer and the double hit sword is really nice to use). So you were both right in your reading of my post. Sorry for the confusion.

RP Thanks for the explanation about supports and biorhythms :).

And yes I am a girl!!!!

Don't thank me. I basically just took it straight of the SF pages and condensed it a bit. Just go to the RD page and click on buddy supports and it'll go into more detail.