The Last Promise

Crimson Red

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow you did it with Corben, mad props for that everyone does it with either like Inanna or Siegfried

if you actually did then double mad props I guess, I'm a little creeped out tbh but... lol

I did it with Shuuda and Sieg. .w.

Though that apparently cursed my Shuuda to become horribly RNG-screwed afterwards. A shame, and I'm not sure if those Boots were really worth the effort. Oh well, at least I get to try out Tekun this time.

Edited by Miacis

holy crap ._.

guess I underestimated you guys

also if you put two boots on the same character it can definitely help with low turn counts and the such and I figure anyone willing to try to take out Cid will find interest in that or something, but if it's not good enough maybe I'll throw something more rewarding in lol

db2dc211b9c804f95916b7a985f56212.png

who is your god game

dat def

mine came out with 18 str and a bunch of other decent stats. promoted her before i slammed pellenore. i also slapped the boots on her too

as for killing cid, sig criticaled him, ferried killer lance over with innana, corb killed him with a little rng abuse

i felt like playing on after killing cid, kelik got the second boots. might not have been the best descision but i kinda like that guy

Edited by Bacteriophage

Kelik is OP later on so eh (tbh he was even more broken before but his PRF sword and stat caps got nerfed lol)

Anyhow great job to everyone who killed him, I do apologize for making it cause a game over before, I suppose I should be a little bit more open-minded when it comes to these things, i.e. even though I and my betatesters could not beat him even though we made a conscious effort to, we should have expected others to be better at the game and figure out some way to do it... and accommodate for them. So yeah, my bad, but at least I think I've learned something from this~

I've always wished that defeating Fargus would make him say something like "D-damn, no need to go so overboard! Gahaaha you guys are really incredible, here take this!" and then he'd give you an extra hero crest or something. Dunno, but giving the player a gameover after spending all those hours of AAing their character seemed like bad game design to me.

Well, in FE7 it makes sense because for plot reasons if you kill him (or injure him so much he can't captain a ship, I guess), that's a real issue... ._. But in TLP if they COULD defeat Cid it would make sense to, it's just assumed that they can't because they're outclassed. And making the chapter any harder would be unfair, so...

Lyam's a decent filler unit, he can actually make use of the bows you get and doesn't require the training Zach does (not to mention he joins a couple chapters after Zach). He's especially helpful in Ch20 where he can use the Rifle Bow to hit wyverns on peaks. He kinda falls off after the difficulty spike if you don't give him some promoted kills though, since the enemies will be on par with or better than him...

Regardless, I find bows to be mostly useless outside of Ch20 because you get several magic users, there aren't many fliers (outside Ch20), and the bow users aren't that great besides Lyam, Haas, and Gary. The growths units just aren't very good.

Two questions:

1) Is it possible to transfer mid-game save files from v.2 to v.2.1, or is that going to glitch things up?

2) Do Adamant weapons target Res by any chance? Because this is just odd otherwise...

Karina-WeaponDiscrepancy_zpsdac71781.png

I've never seen a steel weapon out-damage a silver before... (This seems to happen with all magic user enemies, whereas physical combatants appear to be subject to the expected damage ratios)