The Last Promise

Crimson Red

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious of when you will update the site, I can't stand not having every single character and you haven't updated it since your patch that went up to Ch. 15

Also, just curious, I saw on the new patch that many of the characters were updated, are you planning to do the revamps to most of them? (Besides characters like Siegfried, and Nayr, etc.)

You mean portrait updates?

I've done most of the updates necessary. Anything else past this will likely just be aesthetic updates. Also, getting permission for some of portraits would be a pain (in case you didn't know, 95%+ of the custom graphics in the game aren't mine).

By the way, eventually, I'm going to release a character balance patch. The main reasons why I haven't done it are 1) school incoming and 2) major glitches that I needed to take care of before I released the patch.

Oh, that reminds me, should probably alert everyone that I'm going on a hacking hiatus for at least a month in preparation for semester exams amongst other stuff. So yeah, that balance patch could take a real while, but hopefully I'll have time to update the site, at least.

• 2 weeks later...

So like, there's this questionnaire going on, and you should totally participate. It'll be fun (well, for me, anyway! =D) and you might win some awesome intangible prize. ^_^

Pretty much, you answer a bunch of questions about Tactics Universe that tests your knowledge of the game. It's only 10 questions though (I could have easily made it 20, and I could probably hit 50 questions if I was really bored...). The next round (if necessary) will come after. The blog has all the details! ^_^

http://tacticsuniverse.blogspot.com/

Once you download the file, you have to extract it.

If this link doesn't work, try http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8875056/hacking/Tactics%20Universe%20v4.5.3.zip'>this one.

EDIT: Updated info on Tactics Universe on the official site. http://www.feshrine.net/tactics/ (ones updated are marked as "new", rest is still outdated... :\)

Edited by Luffy

I have to say I recently started playing it and I'm loving it. I particularly like the storyline. Although it takes place during Fe6/7, it gives me the feel of 4/5, mainly because of how it's so dark. Custom characters, maps and events make it awesome. The difficulty is certainly nothing to sneeze at either. I think I'll do a couple fan art pics pics based off of some of the characters! provided I figure out how to work my scanner and get me a tablet. Are supports in this game? I'm assuming there isn't since I have seen or chart or anything like that.

Supports will be in this game, but as of now there aren't. I have a support list though, if it matters.

There's also some official art which you can barely see on the site on the left here. Perhaps that will inspire you with the artwork.

The difficulty on normal mode is meant to be beatable without needing savestates, and with fluctuations in difficulty (some chapters are easier than others... chapter 13, for example, is really hard, because you're ambushed; chapter 17, on the other hand, is relatively easy, because half of Etruria's forces were defeated in chapter 16...). Hard mode is one tier above that, and you'll probably need savestates (at least early on).

The storyline is... meh, it gets a lot better later on, but I'm glad you like it.

~Status Update~

For those who don't read the blog, I've been doing major text revisions (as in, I've gone through every single text entry) and reviewed them, made changes, fixed any text problems that there might have been, cleared vague things up, etc., so the script for Siegfried's story (prologue-chapter 10) is a lot better. Later chapters won't have such revisions because I made those scripts entirely myself and I'm pretty satisfied with them, even though they aren't perfect.

Actually, I happened to have finished said revisions today, and am now inserting the script for chapter 22, which is long overdo (funny how I finished chapter 24, with script, before I inserted chapter 22's script... lol). Once that's done I'll put out some videos of the chapter, which I haven't done in a while.

Oh yeah, I also managed to fix a bunch of other glitches and bugs in the last patch that I couldn't solve before. When I release said patch (which also includes the text revisions and character rebalancing), Tactics Universe should work near perfect on old emulators like VBA v1.7.2, as well as flashcarts, and GBA emulator ports for the NDS, PSP, and Wii.

That's about it for now, stay in tuned!

Alright, the patch that I said was on-the-way is now here... Copy/paste of another post here we go!

-------------

A new patch of Tactics Universe is out. As usual I'm going to copy the README to this post so that you guys know what all the changes are. There's nothing majorly new (no new chapters) but the game is overall much better, IMO.

Enjoy!

v4.6.0 BETA January 25th, 2010

This patch includes many changes to the game. These are improvement changes that will (hopefully) make your playthroughs more fun and enjoyable, as well as easier to understand, epic, and less buggy. Specifically, it includes

- Text revisions on all of Siegfried's story (prologue-chapter 10) that extend the story, fix script errors, get rid of, and add components to the story, generally making it flow better and make more sense

- Updated the prologue with a cutscene of Ostia being taken over

- Bug fixes--Liquid's recruitment scene SHOULD be fixed (if it's not, I'll give up and won't try and fix it until the next patch, but I won't make another patch to fix it), as well as co-ordinate problems on chapter 10, amongst other minor issues

- Emulator optimization -- TU should now play near perfect on VBA v1.7.2 as well as GBA emu ports to the Wii, Supercard DS2 (an NDS flashcart), and hopefully PSP and iPhone.

- Major character rebalancing (characters are less broken in general and are less likely to max most of their stats by level 20/10, mainly Cia, Shuuda, etc.)

There may have been other changes I forgot (oh yeah, forgot to say that I

redistributed promotion items--you shouldn't have a hard time promoting your

units unless you have too many of one type, in which case you have to wait for

more promotion items... =\). Also, chapters 22-24 are pretty much done

(minus touching them up bug-fix wise and inserting scripts for chapters 23 and 23x), leaving chapters 25-27, and then the final chapter, so you know how the rest of the game is planned.

The "Character Balancing" file in the Information Folder details the rebalancing I've gone through. Special thanks to Swordsalmon for the help/drive with this.

Also note that the XDelta patch now uses normal tiling instead of the DS Battle Backgrounds (but the UPS DS Patch is still there).

Lastly, the reason why this is a beta is because it has NOT been thoroughly tested.

I've made a lot of changes so there could have been something I missed or something

new I caused, or worse, something I did while hacking the game that I forgot to

take out. Please let me know if this is the case (see contact file).

That is all. Enjoy!

Tactics Universe v4.6 DOWNLOAD

Tactics Universe v4.6 MIRROR

There is something wrong with Tamiko. I started playing from begining and i chapter 2, when a chose Tamiko and want to use her Heal game freez. Even turning off animation dosen't help. Is there any way to fix it? In previous patch it was ok...

I took the no staves thing as challenge and kept playing (enemy healers don't seem to be affected), but I found another bug. If the Aircalibur Mage in Ch19 gets to use his weapon the game crashes. The bug only occurs if he actually attacks, if you get a critical against him or something it won't happen. Presumably it affects all Aircalibur tomes, but I haven't found another yet.

o_O Sick, are there any other glitches you've found besides the healing one? I'm guessing there are plenty... >_> <_< >_<

I should be fixing this stuff soon, anyhow. (Not sure why Aircalibur glitches but I'm guessing the game just hates FEditor's custom spell animations so I'll just remove it... and hope that ground dasher has better luck.)

There's a couple of speech bubble glitches, they're all in Seigfried's mods IIRC. Also, pressing start before being asked about Leopold's recruitment leaves you on the event map with no way out.

IIRC the site said Liquid appears in Ch21. If he doesn't appear at least as early as the Haas and co. then his recruitment is broken, since I got the required convo in Seigfried's mode.

Also, I don't mind this but I rarely had any trouble with the game's difficulty even without staves, only the last two missions and some of the tougher bosses were challenging.

Also, pressing start before being asked about Leopold's recruitment leaves you on the event map with no way out.

SSSHHHH

I knew about this but there's nothing I can really do XD it's the end of the patch so "w/e"... lol

IIRC the site said Liquid appears in Ch21. If he doesn't appear at least as early as the Haas and co. then his recruitment is broken, since I got the required convo in Seigfried's mode.

Wee. Well, at least the recruitment convo is working... I think... >_>

Also, I don't mind this but I rarely had any trouble with the game's difficulty even without staves, only the last two missions and some of the tougher bosses were challenging.

Yeah my intention with normal mode was to make it easy enough to beat without savestating or going "WTFBLARGHLASHDLKSAJDASPOAD" for average players, so for good players, it won't be hard (might be even easy), hopefully hard mode will give a decent challenge though... If I ever make a harder mode, it'd be "Unknown Mode" and would be as ridiculous as GhebFE or something. lolol

The Tactics Universe v4.6 beta has been updated. It's the "Beta 2". It's still not a final version as I've only really tested Sieg's mode. See the README in the download for more information (the download link is the exact same as it was before so I'm not going to update that).

Also, please report any more bugs/glitches and even minor problems so that they can be fixed either in the next problem fix patch or the final version of the game (which will be the last patch, v7... :)).

- Blazer

Meh, I hate triple posting, but it can't be helped, since no one responds

----------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-FFzsVnmnY

On normal mode, anyway.

On hard mode, he weilds Nirvana, an S ranked sword with 2 range that does physical damage to all units, instead of a Prism Sword (which does magical damage and thus makes Renault an easy target for magic users and even Archers like Zach, Anakin, Cia, Itsuke, etc.). He will also approach you if a unit is within his range.

In Unknown mode, he has maxed stats and Nirvana, but with 3 range (so there's no escape). He'll also chase after you whether you are near him or not starting on turn 5, and will have +20% avoid added to his stats.

In both Hard/Unknown he won't have a Silver Sword and will drop Nirvana. I wanted him to have a Lifesphere too (FE12 reference, +20HP every turn) but such a thing doesn't exist in FE7 and I can't hack it in so yeah.

Just wait until you meet Galagar, he'd OHKO the Black Knight

jk, but the final boss (not Galagar) has 40 strength on insane mode, +17 damage from his weapon =P

Which reminds me, does anyone have experience spriting detailed weapon icons? I kinda have a request but if I sprited it myself, let's just say I couldn't do it justice... XP

EDIT/UPDATE:

Chapter 24 Screenshots

Some screenshots, but I avoided spoiling too much... but there's a familiar face around, and he's up to no good!

[spoiler=You've been warned]1.PNG2.PNG

3.PNG4.PNG

5.PNG6.PNG

7.PNG8.PNG

9.PNG10.PNG

11.PNG15.PNG

Edited by Luffy