What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't want to.

Why do you think I didn't watch it?

Also, just finished Uta Kata. Pretty great series, I must say, though a bit slow for a while.

Edited by Madam Red

Just finished Katanagatari. DAT ENDING. It started off fairly boring, but as the series came to a close it became really entertaining. I enjoyed it at least.

Probably gonna watch Baccano or Higurashi next, since I haven't seen them yet and heard they were good.

Just finished Katanagatari. DAT ENDING. It started off fairly boring, but as the series came to a close it became really entertaining. I enjoyed it at least.

Probably gonna watch Baccano or Higurashi next, since I haven't seen them yet and heard they were good.

Higurashi's pree cool so watch that one

Higurashi has a lot of issues and isn't actually that good except ironically.

Baccano, on the other hand, is amazing.

Fate/Zero because I like finishing what I start, and it's pretty cool, and Saint Seiya Omega because I'm curious about how much they're going to shit on my childhood.

Now, manga... regular long runners aside (Miuuuraaaaaa), I've been following Maoyuu (fantasy economics \o/) and decided to pick up Ah! My Goddess again (after 200 chapters) now that Fujishima seems to have decided to actually make plot happen.

Fate/Zero because I like finishing what I start, and it's pretty cool

I saw a random episode of this late at night over here in Japan.

I had absolutely no idea what was going on. And yet, I understood everything. also people died and it was awesome

currently watching Neon Genesis Evangelion

it started off moderate, but is getting really cool

(only in episode 18 atm)

I saw a random episode of this late at night over here in Japan.

I had absolutely no idea what was going on. And yet, I understood everything. also people died and it was awesome

I want to watch the entire thing at once, so gonna wait till more episodes come out

currently watching Neon Genesis Evangelion

it started off moderate, but is getting really cool

(only in episode 18 atm)

Original or rebuild? I've only seen the former.

why would you watch something that sucks

watch school days it has a really satisfying and happy ending

Why would you watch something for the ending, watch something that is good in the beginning and the middle too.

Nice boat.

Finished Baccano. It left a lot of stuff open but overall I really enjoyed it. Gonna watch psychopathic children serial killers Higurashi now.

Why would you watch something for the ending, watch something that is good in the beginning and the middle too.

School Days is the only anime I'd recommend you watch for the ending, even if you hate it all the way. In fact, especially if you hate it all the way.

School Days is the only anime I'd recommend you watch for the ending, even if you hate it all the way. In fact, especially if you hate it all the way.

Lol maybe I will look into it then! Nd sorry for misunderstanding you Xmas!

I guess that for the anime (as opposed to the manga) I only like the middle of Kenshin a lot, and consider much of the stuff prior to the Shishio Saga and all the stuff after to be mediocre or worse.

why would you watch something that sucks

WHY DO YOU!?

I mean, you watched School Days. And it sucks.

Bleh. I'll just go back to looking for Aishiterezu Baby! streams that are in episodic order.

So many intentions to start watching Kemonozume (Masaaki Yuasa<3) that I will just pretend and say I'm watching it. I'm also watching Korra as it is released but I wouldn't really count it as an anime?

I read back a few pages hoping for some new anime discoveries and it seems like most of you are watching things that you don't actually think are very good...=w=

So, folks of general and this anime topic, may I ask for suggestions on things to watch? I'm about to be trapped without internet for a couple weeks and need to pick up some things to watch.

Prolly my favorite anime would be along the lines of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Welcome to the NHK, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Gundam: 08th MS Team, Aria: The Animation and Elfen Lied, if that'll paint any sort of picture of my tastes. I will also happily watch anime that's weak story-wise if it's got wicked art or style.

I'm also watching Korra as it is released but I wouldn't really count it as an anime?

An anime is a cartoon made in Japan. If it satisfies those two conditions, then it is anime. Both avatar series are cartoons made in the U.S., thus they are not anime since they are not made in Japan.

Prolly my favorite anime would be along the lines of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Welcome to the NHK, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Gundam: 08th MS Team, Aria: The Animation and Elfen Lied, if that'll paint any sort of picture of my tastes. I will also happily watch anime that's weak story-wise if it's got wicked art or style.

I would suggest you watch one or more of the following: any gundam anime (I would go for G Gundam or Gundam Seed, but avoid Seed Destiny. I've heard Gundam Wing is very good, but I didn't like it and stopped watching it), Mawaru Penguindrum (same director as Utena IIRC), Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō (people who like Aria generally really enjoy this two episode OVA series, though I only read the manga for it), and Spice and Wolf.

On that note, I'm not totally sure how I feel about the Avatar series being so heavily inspired by the Japanese animation style, but at least they do a better job (imo) than some of the other American cartoons that are inspired by it.

Anyways, these suggestions are awesome, I'm pretty sure the anime you responded with catered to what I want out of anime. I haven't seen any of these except for the first bit of the Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko OVA, which was initially a turn off because I was kinda young and the weird robot tongue thing wigged me out. Giving it another chance though :D Certainly going to get everything you mentioned.

Spice and Wolf surprised me as a suggestion at first since I've always thought it looked bad, but reading a bit more into what it's about makes it look quite interesting. Thanks.

Edited by Mewiyev

>Implying the Boondocks isn't a GOAT cartoon whose art style was inspired by anime.

About to rewatch Code Geass since I can't remember anything about it anymore for some reason. I'm thinking after watching a couple episodes I'll remember things again, but still end up watching all of it anyway because I liked the show.

Also Higurashi wasn't too bad in the end. It started off weird as hell but by the second season, when things start to make more sense, it got more interesting.