What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

FSN anime is not good because it's a poor mix of all three routes in the game, with "Fate" route being dominant. To really understand the story you need to play the VN, and even then it's still a bit complicated, but I like that it's complicated. :P

There's also a Unlimited Blade Works movie... Never watched it, but it would be interesting to see how they cramped Rin's route into a 90-minute movie.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished up Fate/Zero. And well... it was really good. I'm hesitant to start on Fate/Stay Night though, as I've heard it's not quite as good. I'll probably just wait for the remake.

The anime, sure. But the VN is as good as Fate/Zero

Which route would they choose to remake FSN? I think they'll choose Fate again, because viewers can't understand Heaven's Feel before learning the story in the other two routes and UBW has a movie already. I personally love UBW, but even it has faults,

like not enough Kotomine. But it has some important strengths, like a lot of Archer and Lancer action, Saber is still relevant, Rin is badass as always, Caster is a great villain, Shirou has his best fight, and Sakura is sidelined and basically forgotten about. In Heaven's Feel they basically ruin most of the badass characters for the sake of Zouken and Sakura, which is annoying.

Edited by Bird Jesus

Finished up Fate/Zero. And well... it was really good. I'm hesitant to start on Fate/Stay Night though, as I've heard it's not quite as good. I'll probably just wait for the remake.

I didn't think it was as good but everyone has different opinions.

So I started Fate/Zero and was very positively impressed! The animation is largely superior to Fate/Stay Night and the story keeps the dark tone of the series. Had no idea Waver Velvet was a teenager, lol.

I have a vague recollection of what happens in Fate/Zero due to reading wikis, but all I can say is that the story benefits from not having multiple routes. It's impossible to make a FSN anime that does justice to the VN because different characters are relevant in different routes and trying to mix them like the first FSN anime did doesn't work very well. Like, there's almost nothing of Heaven's Feel in the anime because HF's sequence of events are much different from what happens in the other routes (Zouken for example is almost irrelevant in Fate and UBW).

Edited by Bird Jesus

So I started Fate/Zero and was very positively impressed! The animation is largely superior to Fate/Stay Night and the story keeps the dark tone of the series. Had no idea Waver Velvet was a teenager, lol.

I have a vague recollection of what happens in Fate/Zero due to reading wikis, but all I can say is that the story benefits from not having multiple routes. It's impossible to make a FSN anime that does justice to the VN because different characters are relevant in different routes and trying to mix them like the first FSN anime did doesn't work very well. Like, there's almost nothing of Heaven's Feel in the anime because HF's sequence of events are much different from what happens in the other routes (Zouken for example is almost irrelevant in Fate and UBW).

Which is why in the 2014 Ufotable F/SN, they are going to anime a all new route.

I thought it'd be going through Sakura's route, but I'm not aware of any announcements on that front; personally, I wouldn't mind a reworked Sakura route with my favorite characters being more relevant than they were originally.

The only route I want is one where Gilgamesh wins... but I know that won't happen.

So, I've been watching G Gundam and I think if each nation had actually had Gundam fights it would be a very different outcome than what the show has.

The only route I want is one where Gilgamesh wins... but I know that won't happen.

Same here, man. Also one where

Ilyasviel doesn't die in a few years.

Edited by Refa

Finally hopped on the wagon that is Log Horizon. Color me impressed, it's leagues deeper than SAO, if you only even look at the pacing. Is a second season in the works, to be released this fall?

Also watched the currently new No Game No Life. That was...a bit different. I had to watch it with a mindset of "how are they gonna win", rather than a " will they win" mindset, and with that, it was very enjoyable. Needs more than 12 episodes clearly. Also the fan service is....I dunno...not that annoying?

I thought it'd be going through Sakura's route, but I'm not aware of any announcements on that front; personally, I wouldn't mind a reworked Sakura route with my favorite characters being more relevant than they were originally.

More relevant? I wonder how, considering

Lancer dies early, Caster dies early, Kojirou dies early, Berserker is engulfed by the shadow, and Saber sucks because she spends most of the story as Dark Saber...

Edited by Bird Jesus

I found that a 11 year old girl was introduced with a panty-shot, bothersome.

That loli stuff is over the top, but I mean the amount of fanservice isn't as gratuitous and blatantly stupid like you'd see in Love Hina etcetc.

That and the infamous kiss that wasn't really a kiss though it was still not really as scientificly accurate but I try not to think about that

That loli stuff is over the top, but I mean the amount of fanservice isn't as gratuitous and blatantly stupid like you'd see in Love Hina etcetc.

That and the infamous kiss that wasn't really a kiss though it was still not really as scientificly accurate but I try not to think about that

What? The fanservice is pretty blatantly and unnecessary considering the tentacle shampoo or w/e, his constant attempts to take a picture of them bathing and then the whole avoid the censorship by removing certain regions then stripping them naked all come to mind. I don't know how it compares to Love Hina having never watched that show, but the amount of fanservice in NGNL is huge and one of the many factors that makes it more an anime that panders to an audience than anything else.

Finally hopped on the wagon that is Log Horizon. Color me impressed, it's leagues deeper than SAO, if you only even look at the pacing. Is a second season in the works, to be released this fall?

Also watched the currently new No Game No Life. That was...a bit different. I had to watch it with a mindset of "how are they gonna win", rather than a " will they win" mindset, and with that, it was very enjoyable. Needs more than 12 episodes clearly. Also the fan service is....I dunno...not that annoying?

LH is totally different from SAO - not only in terms of story, it's focusing on world building and is way more slow paced. Not for everyone, but I prefer it aswell. Yeah, a second season is announced for october.

I'm all in for NGNL's fanservice. There can't be enough of Jibril/Steph.

I googled the shampoo scene; i have no idea how i fail to remember not one, but all of those instances.

What I'm getting at is that I don't think that the fanservice detracts that much from the story progression. As you know, I'm a big advocate for story pacing and consistency with time progression; I just feel that NGNL nails it, compared to other animes with similar storiylines.

I'm on episode 23 right now (of course, the ever-predictable festival episodes), and I'm really getting into this. Minori's involvement in the plot really caught me off guard, but in a really good way. However, Serara's still as useless as I expected her to be, but that's ok. Shiroe and Minori do well enough to progress the story, and Akatsuki/Nyanta support it well enough.

Seriously, I did not expect Minori to get so much focus, and I wouldn't really complain if it stayed that way.

And holy fuck, I did not see that coming with Rudy

I think the story progression was done decently but considering it's based off an LN with enough source material I have relatively high expectations for the show's pacing so not falling on its face with random filler was more expected than anything else. Sometimes the games were interesting but the ways the characters were pretty much static and effectively overpowered to the point of their intelligence being a deus ex machina basically killed a lot of the tension. Along with their overuse of fan service, it was a bit disappointing to me overall as a series. It was relatively fun but nothing exceptional.

I ended up picking up quite a few more airing shows: Akame ga Kill and Tokyo ESP. They are alright so far I guess but the first episode (first 2 for Akame) weren't exceptional.

Edited by BK-201