What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right, I forgot about this, but my older cousin recommended No Game No Life, and I had watched that a little while ago. I stopped at episode 5, but maybe I'll continue someday.

I also stopped in the middle of Mirai Nikki, for some reason. I already spoiled myself on the ending, but maybe I'll get back to it.

Annnnnnd Sorin recommended Angel Beats a while back. I heard mixed opinions about it, but maybe someday.

By the way I definitely recommend Madoka Magica. I don't know why I'm using the strikethrough, because I'm being serious. Seriously.

Some friends of mine watched NGNL. They said it was terrible...

Don't. Watching Mirai Nikki is a waste of time. Really, it starts out okayish, but becomes impossibly stupid in the end

Just finished Ragnarok The Animation.

what was I thinking...over a dozen years invested into the MMO, playing and acting as a GM...for this trash to climb up from the bowels of porky pig....fuck

ANYWAY, contemplating what to watch next. I'd like to watch something that carries through to the end, as I watch animes in binges, rather than waiting for weeklyepisodes of just the Nth season.

Any recommendations for a complete anime? I'm jumping into DragonBall because it's been a long time since I had watched it, and I realize that I only remember bits and pieces of anything beyond the first Martial Arts tourney, so I'm picking that up at Season 2 because why not.

[spoiler=Mostly accurate: What I've Watched List]

Outlaw Star

Kenshin

Trigun

Gundam Wing

Gundam 0080

Gundam 00

Gundam 0083

SD Gundam

G Gundam

Digimon....like, all of them

Baccano

Cardcaptor Sakura

Ragnarok The Animation

Pretty much every YuGiOh aside from Zexal because I can't stand it

I guessss SAO

.hack//sign

Tenchi Muyo!

Tenchi Universe

Toradora!

Clannad

Dragon Ball Z

If there's others I can't think of, I'll have to clarify or probably need a reminder about them from viewers like you

Edited by Sara.

IMO Puella Magi Madoka Magica is something that everyone should at least get exposed to.

Definitely FMA: Brotherhood and Monster are "must watch," for me.

Ping Pong. No, seriously, the characters get far more development in a few episodes than other casts do in over 100 episodes. This is really good, even if the animation is terrible.

NGE I agree with, I found Code Geass to be rather sucky though

^you've got good taste sir

Edited by Mayora

Ahh Yea I should add

NGE

Kill LA Kill

TTGL

Lain

Last Exile

Abenobashi

Deathnote

Reminders are pro. I watched the first FMA, and don't understand what Brotherhood is supposed to be.

Code Geass I guess should go on my list, and Madoka....I've been meaning to try and just keep forgetting to. OK I'll add them to my queue and drop my DB rewatch since I'm only 1 EP in.

The first FMA didn't follow the canon story anymore after a while, since it catched up to the manga. Brotherhood is then an exact adaptation of the manga.

Aria if you like SOL, as said Ping Pong, even if you aren't a big fan of sports, Madoka for Mahou Shoujo, Monster for Psychological, Mushishi for incredibly beautiful stories, Gintama for comedy

Some friends of mine watched NGNL. They said it was terrible...

Don't. Watching Mirai Nikki is a waste of time. Really, it starts out okayish, but becomes impossibly stupid in the end

I enjoyed both - Mirai Nikki could have been better, but well. It was still entertaining.

IMO Puella Magi Madoka Magica is something that everyone should at least get exposed to.

Definitely FMA: Brotherhood and Monster are "must watch," for me.

I agree about Madoka, but not the rest. Both are good though, FMA: B is commendable for being one of the few good battle shounen.

Ahh Yea I should add

Lain

Lain is so unusual, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless he/she wants to get mindfucked. It was.. intriguing.

Mirai Nikki was fine to me (But let's face it, Yuno is basically the only reason most people even watch it)

NGNL was a little boring to me, which is mostly why I stopped.

And I DEFINITELY recommend Madoka.

Warning: Don't bother with the anime of Rosario + Vampire. Please. Don't. I sat through about 12 minutes of the first episode until I just ragequitted. The manga is surprisingly fine, however.

Warning: Don't bother with the anime of Rosario + Vampire. Please. Don't. I sat through about 12 minutes of the first episode until I just ragequitted. The manga is surprisingly fine, however.

The manga is supposed to be way better, but somehow I managed to watch the whole anime. The ending made me so mad.

I enjoyed both - Mirai Nikki could have been better, but well. It was still entertaining.

I agree about Madoka, but not the rest. Both are good though, FMA: B is commendable for being one of the few good battle shounen.

Lain is so unusual, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless he/she wants to get mindfucked. It was.. intriguing.

Meh, I thought it would be a series you can take seriously, considering it was 17+.

You disgree about Monster? wat

About FMA:B, it is among my 5 favorite series, same for Gintama, which you can consder a Shounen to a certain extent

Lain was awesome. Really, hardly any show is as intelligent as Lain was, with all the sybolisms

Rosario is just tits right?

The anime at least, yeah. Even if you like fs, it's way ridiculous. The manga is way better.

Indeed it is. And even then, there are better anime, if you want to stay for the fanservice.

Meh, I thought it would be a series you can take seriously, considering it was 17+.

You disgree about Monster? wat

About FMA:B, it is among my 5 favorite series, same for Gintama, which you can consder a Shounen to a certain extent

Lain was awesome. Really, hardly any show is as intelligent as Lain was, with all the sybolisms

Just about the must-watch part. I enjoyed Monster (I'm German, of course I enjoyed it), but I don't think it's for everyone - same for Lain. That's why I don't consider them must-watch as they seem to me like niche anime.

I haven't watched Gintama yet, sorry.

Edited by Assurhaddon

The manga is supposed to be way better, but somehow I managed to watch the whole anime. The ending made me so mad.

I gave up on the anime. I just couldn't stand it. At all.

I switched to reading the manga when a friend insisted, and it is better, but it's still not ~good~; as a romantic story there's better, as a comedy there's better, and as a shounen battle story there's better.

I never actually watched the Monster anime, but as a story I preferred the manga to CG or similar, tbh, and from what I've heard the anime is very close to the manga. CG is still quite good, though.

This entire thread is basically YMMV though, so meh.

EDIT: Oh I see

Just about the must-watch part. I enjoyed Monster (I'm German, of course I enjoyed it), but I don't think it's for everyone - same for Lain. That's why I don't consider them must-watch as they seem to me like niche anime.

I missed this; that makes sense.

Edited by Euklyd

Monster actually would appeal more to a western audience than most anime, which is why it's getting a live action adaptation by HBO.

EDIT In all fairness, this may or may not apply to anime fans, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it being one of the most recommendable anime.

Edited by Refa

Monocle you should watch Saint Seiya or Sakura Card Captors ~3~

or watch Digimon again, Tamers and Frontier because yes

I'm honestly too lazy right now to double check, but I think I put CCS on my watched list. I have the Box Set fr it even :)

• 2 weeks later...