What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Might as well, right? Here's a (slightly edited) copy-paste from my MAL profile of the current anime I'm watching and what I think of them. Numbers are scores out of 10:

Fate/Zero - Very dark, pretty intense. It's nice to see a mostly adult cast. Greatness is expected.

Mawaru Penguindrum - Creative and engaging. Odd yet interesting stuff.

Squid Girl 2 - Even funnier than before, lovin' it.

Chihayafuru - Great start, good drama and character interactions. Looking forward to it.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Ridiculous but oddly entertaining. Best OP of the season. Denpa smile!

Bakuman 2 - Good continuation of the first series. Pretty much more of the same.

Ben-To - Half-off lunch boxes: serious business. Might be good on how crazy it could be.

Future Diary - Thrills are expected. Yukiteru is more of a wimp than I remember. <3 Yuno, though.

Shakugan no Shana III (Final) - Could be great, could fall on its face. Starting out rather different from the first two series due to the cliff-hanger it came off.

Tamayura: Hitotose - Director of Aria, sweet healing. Pretty basic slice-of-life, know what you're getting into.

- It's good to see that this is starting to focus more on action than ecchi harem crap. And the generic protagonist can actually fight? Maybe this won't be so bad. Now all we need is a real plot to accompany the action.

Mashiroiro Symphony - I think I've seen this show before. Protagonist is surprisingly not-wimpy, but this still seems to be a by-the-book visual novel adaptation after the first episode.

UN-GO - Another mediocre detective anime (and the second from Bones)? I am pretty sure episode 2 made no sense.

Guilty Crown - Unsure what to expect. Reminiscent of Code Geass. Feels super predictable. Lol @ fanservice, main girl's outfit, and wtf sudden high school setting?

Long runners:

9.0 Fairy Tail - Keeps going strong. Whenever it starts to get boring it always picks up and gets awesome again.

7.0 Cardfight!! Vanguard - A half hour commercial for a trading card game, but that doesn't mean it can't be entertaining as long as you don't expect something epic.

Also watching:

The Mystic Archives of Dantalian - Great music, story quality varies between episodes.

X-Men on G4.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well, right? Here's a (slightly edited) copy-paste from my MAL profile of the current anime I'm watching and what I think of them. Numbers are scores out of 10:

Fate/Zero - Very dark, pretty intense. It's nice to see a mostly adult cast. Greatness is expected.

Heh, you haven't seen shit yet. Two days, is your body ready? >8888]

Also, HF/FZ:

How do you feel about WORMS? Aren't they so cute? 88883

Currently on a Fate/Stay Night kick, recently watched the movie, likely to watch Fate/Zero in a bit. Shame it's not fully out yet though.

no but seriously now you people who haven't read the fsn vn are horrible

HORRIBLE

Ben-To - Half-off lunch boxes: serious business. Might be good on how crazy it could be.

Not that 7.5 is really a bad rating, but I would've given Ben-To an 8.5 or 9. I'm really enjoying it.

no but seriously now you people who haven't read the fsn vn are horrible

I'm almost done with the Heavens Feel route of the VN. What do I do next? Watch the anime and movie and then read/Watch Fate Zero?

Not that 7.5 is really a bad rating, but I would've given Ben-To an 8.5 or 9. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm almost done with the Heavens Feel route of the VN. What do I do next? Watch the anime and movie and then read/Watch Fate Zero?

Bold: NO

well you can watch the berserker fight in the anime (even though it's dumb) and I GUESS the ubw movie even though the animation isn't movie-quality since those are only fight scenes and you won't have to sit through all the boring Fate route stuff again

Italics: Yes. The Fate/Zero anime is turning out pretty well since a legitimately competent company is making it (this is coming from someone who read the novels and rated them a 10), so you can do whichever. Though, the anime version is only at 4(nearing 5) episodes of 25 and there will be a break between episodes 13 and 14 so you can choose whatever.

I haven't read the VN, due to a combination of factors, but I've looked into the three routes and all that plenty. Probably some smaller things I don't know about, but the overall stuff I know.

well how many of those factors does this make irrelevant

http://fsn.seorinwastaken.com/archive/

Edited by Hikarusa

Not sure how much that fixes really. Part of it is I don't like pirating things, so trying to avoid that. Though I guess it's possible Fate/Stay Night is free. Also don't like the sexual aspects at all. Although... not sure why I'd need to read it. *shrugs* I know most everything I could need to know.

Edited by Mirron

Well, at the moment I can't see myself giving it a 9 but I won't be surprised if it gets worse and ends up a 7 (which is still a solid "good" for me), so 7.5 is where that sits. All my scores are subject to change, though.

Ben-To is really a "Why is this show so entertaining?" show.

Not sure how much that fixes really. Part of it is I don't like pirating things, so trying to avoid that. Though I guess it's possible Fate/Stay Night is free. Also don't like the sexual aspects at all. Although... not sure why I'd need to read it. *shrugs* I know most everything I could need to know.

Sure, you know everything you know for Fate/Zero, but really now. When it comes to actually going through the story of it for legitimate enjoyment, you've only seen an adaptation of the Fate route that makes Shirou even worse (and it also sucks in other ways (and also after reading UBW and HF I would give a 6, 7 out of 10 at the most, think about what I would give the anime version)) and a bunch of barely attached action scenes with basically no plot in a horrid adaptation of the UBW route. Additionally, the reading is full of all kinds of subtle shit to sperg about it's pretty boner. (and the final two days of Heaven's Feel need to be SEEN, not vaguely read about)

Less importantly, by reading it on there it technically isn't piracy, and if that had the sex on it I would've been banned for posting it maybe!!

Bold: NO

well you can watch the berserker fight in the anime (even though it's dumb) and I GUESS the ubw movie even though the animation isn't movie-quality since those are only fight scenes and you won't have to sit through all the boring Fate route stuff again

Hmm... I think I might still try watching them at some point, though seeing the end of the Fate route again would break my heart.

Well... I still know the overall details of the Fate/UBW/HF routes. As for sex, probably wouldn't if you warned for it? Not sure, not like I know the details on what they'd enforce here, never been something that came up. I'm not too concerned about actually playing it, going to catch up on Fate/Zero first, I didn't start watching it, but should have. Harder to wait for it to finish than I thought it'd be. Caster is... creepy. *shudders* Hate him. Anyways, I'm not too concerned about quality, it's easy to please me, so I doubt I'd enjoy the visual novel too much more. Though, personally felt I understood the plot of UBW plenty well enough. Was very quick, but don't think I was missing anything.

Still watching Season 2 of Ikamusume. Gotta wait for the hiatus thing to end...

Persona 4 is pretty fun. Yukiko is still painfully boring as usual.

Watched the first episode of Fate/Zero because Soul kept pestering me. >:[

Dropped it though. Boring as hell.

Eh, that wasn't too exciting, more... climactic? Not sure how to word it, but it was a good cinematic sequence. Still not something to get overly excited for, and not enough to really keep someone excited in the series.

Eh, he... just doesn't appeal to me. Villains are an iffy subject in general. I like them, but only when they're... well, not so evil. His actions in the first episode (coupled with, of course, who he's partnered with) aren't to my liking. Do find it interesting that both Casters have clairvoyance.

Still not something to get overly excited for, and not enough to really keep someone excited in the series.

We can agree to disagree then. I definitely got hyped up after the summoning rituals during ep.1 and it made waiting for ep.2 that much harder.

Eh, he... just doesn't appeal to me. Villains are an iffy subject in general. I like them, but only when they're... well, not so evil. His actions in the first episode (coupled with, of course, who he's partnered with) aren't to my liking. Do find it interesting that both Casters have clairvoyance.

He isn't evil though.

His alignment is listed as Chaotic Evil, and even if you don't think he's evil, I do. He kills for nothing but fun, that alone is vile enough.

And it's cool, but that's... not really something that is going to get someone into the series. It's something that you like because you like the Fate series as a whole, I don't think anyone just getting into it would feel they have to keep watching because of that scene.

And it's cool, but that's... not really something that is going to get someone into the series. It's something that you like because you like the Fate series as a whole, I don't think anyone just getting into it would feel they have to keep watching because of that scene.

Speak for yourself. When I see scenes like that, a series basically become undroppable.

Edit:

It's not just Fate.

Deadman Wonderland

Mirai Nikki

Saya no Uta

Elfen Lied

Saw

Anything with something that fantastically gruesome or twisted.

Edited by Balcerzak

Holy chopsticks. As of episode 4, Ben-To is now a solid 8. Delicious yuri scene and then fighting over half-priced lunchboxes with chopsticks as weapons. And the otherwise-generic main character can already fight for himself instead of just wussing out (unlike some others this season). Ridiculously entertaining.

What? I'm not talking about Caster, I'm talking about the big summoning scene at the end. I hate Caster, but my comment about not getting someone into the series is the summon scene. I, personally, don't think that and that alone is enough to get someone into a series who has never watched anything Fate related. Yes, it's cool, but I'm talking about Ein not watching it, and why, and was saying the first episode isn't a good hint of what the rest of the series will be like.

What? I'm not talking about Caster, I'm talking about the big summoning scene at the end. I hate Caster, but my comment about not getting someone into the series is the summon scene. I, personally, don't think that and that alone is enough to get someone into a series who has never watched anything Fate related. Yes, it's cool, but I'm talking about Ein not watching it, and why, and was saying the first episode isn't a good hint of what the rest of the series will be like.

Yes it was, F/Z is very wordy.