What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the first three episodes of Ben-To. Jegus fuck that show is so retarded, and it takes itself so seriously. I can't tell if I like it ironically or not, but I'm definitely enjoying it. OP is unironically awesome for sure though.

I finished Gundam 00, then watched the film. I enjoyed it until the end. It and the epilogue are the worst finalities to a series I have seen in years, and some of the most horrendous I have ever seen in my life.

If I go the rest of my life without seeing something so incredibly, unsettlingly terrible it won't have been long enough. I earlier recommended some pals to check out the show because I liked the earlier vibes of the show and the general plot, but I almost want to tell them to forget about going anywhere near it. Anime are more or less fated to have a bad ending, but this was just disgusting.

Just finished both seasons of Hayate no Gotoku.

I'll probably wait a while until the 3rd season finishes. It got announced that it's their next project after the movie comes out.

Oh man this is gonna be a long wait. But I guess it's the same thing for other series, like Kaminomi (The World God Only Knows).

I finished Gundam 00, then watched the film. I enjoyed it until the end. It and the epilogue are the worst finalities to a series I have seen in years, and some of the most horrendous I have ever seen in my life.

If I go the rest of my life without seeing something so incredibly, unsettlingly terrible it won't have been long enough. I earlier recommended some pals to check out the show because I liked the earlier vibes of the show and the general plot, but I almost want to tell them to forget about going anywhere near it. Anime are more or less fated to have a bad ending, but this was just disgusting.

And the worst part is that even with that it's still the best non-UC non-G non-Turn A Gundam anime. I, fortunately for myself, have never gotten around to watching the movie though.

Oh man this is gonna be a long wait. But I guess it's the same thing for other series, like Kaminomi (The World God Only Knows).

If the TWGOK anime ever continues. You should just read it, Yui is waiting.

have i posted here nope i haven't

I've actually got a... huge list of anime to watch, and I'm probably gonna start with Code Geass and Fate/Stay Night. I've already watched Tales of the Abyss, Death Note and the first 2 seasons of Higurashi (No intention to watch Rei or Kira, I pretty much had enough of the series already).

Just gonna throw a quick question; for Code Geass and Fate/Stay Night, would it be better to watch in sub or dub? IIRC for Code Geass both are alright, but IDK about Fate/Stay Night

Next anime season looks like shit

disclaimer: if this season doesn't look shitty to you you're probably a bad person

Black Rock Shooter, Natsume Yuujinchou, Mouretsu Pirates, Nisemonogatari, Another, Gokujyo, Senhime Zesshou Symphogear. Less confident about but could still be good: Recorder to Randoseru, Amagami SS+ Plus, Milky Holmes 2, Papa no iu Koto o Kikinasai.

You must have shit taste.

Nisemonogatari. Fuck yes.

I haven't watched any new anime since Dragonball Kai. That was a lawng time ago.

Edit: HOLY FUCKING SHIT A BERSERK MOVIE.

Edited by V-Raven

Black Rock Shooter, Natsume Yuujinchou, Mouretsu Pirates, Nisemonogatari, Another, Gokujyo, Senhime Zesshou Symphogear. Less confident about but could still be good: Recorder to Randoseru, Amagami SS+ Plus, Milky Holmes 2, Papa no iu Koto o Kikinasai.

You must have shit taste.

Ha ha ha, riiiiiiight, the person who doesn't watch practically everything has shit taste. Though, I have heard some good things about Natsume Yuujinchou, I haven't watched the previous seasons. When I mentioned it in irc and circlejerked with zeph about how horrible the season was I caught my mistake by mentioning that there was nothing good that wasn't a sequel, though, and irc is really all that matters.

Ha ha ha, riiiiiiight, the person who doesn't watch practically everything has shit taste. Though, I have heard some good things about Natsume Yuujinchou, I haven't watched the previous seasons. When I mentioned it in irc and circlejerked with zeph about how horrible the season was I caught my mistake by mentioning that there was nothing good that wasn't a sequel, though, and irc is really all that matters.

If it's not a sequel/prequel/midquel, how are you supposed to know if it'll be good or not?

The shit taste thing was obviously (or not) a joke, but no need to be a cynic.

Alright, let's look at your list

Black Rock Shooter - OVA sucked

Natsume Yuujinchou - ??????????

Mouretsu Pirates - It's a show about moe space pirates. It would be nice if it was good, but really n- actually I just checked what else Satelight was done, this might not be so bad after all!

Nisemonogatari - Bakemonogatari was as wordy as a Nasu visual novel without any notable content with retarded shinbo gimmick visuals

Another - ???????

Gokujyo - lol

senhiwhatever - man, it gives me bad VIBES, maaaaaaan

Recorder - HA HA HA just read the concept what the fuck

Amagami - pffffffft

Milky Holmes - this is funny too

papa - umm *looks at list of anime they've animated beyond in-between animation* no

So yeah, things I will look at:

Rinne no Lagrange - It'll almost definitely be shit but XEBEC made a mecha anime I have a huge boner for over a decade ago so!!

Things I might look at (but probably won't) if I hear good things from certain people:

Kyousogiga

Moe Piratsu

Another

OVAs that I will watch:

S-Cry-Ed Alteration (despite just being the tv series compressed)

Toradora

Carnival Phantasm

I guess it isn't THAT bad since I've somehow bullshitted some things to watch even if I probably won't watch any of them (even though I would end up dropping all but like one of them anyways)

Black Rock Shooter - OVA sucked

OVA was like a glorified commercial. This is the real thing.

Nisemonogatari - Bakemonogatari was as wordy as a Nasu visual novel without any notable content with retarded shinbo gimmick visuals

But Shinbo is awesome, no u.

Gokujyo - lol

I know, right? This will be that show that's so stupid and trashy but still so entertaining. Like Highschool of the Dead.

Recorder - HA HA HA just read the concept what the fuck

Only Japan, I know.

Another seems like it might be decent, Recorder and Nisemonogatari might have potential, and Amagami SS, while not particularily good, was passable. Everything else is probably going to be terrible, but let's be honest, that's most seasons for you.

Something is probably going to turn out to be awesome and then everyone's going to be like "oh shit really?"

Definitely, most of the descriptions are pretty shitty, so you really don't know until they actually start. Just, in general there are only like four good shows most seasons.

Another seems like it might be decent, Recorder and Nisemonogatari might have potential, and Amagami SS, while not particularily good, was passable. Everything else is probably going to be terrible, but let's be honest, that's most seasons for you.

Cynic.

Amagami SS has all the makings of a shit show but was somehow decent. First season supposedly covered everything, though, so no idea what the sequel will do.

Something is probably going to turn out to be awesome and then everyone's going to be like "oh shit really?"

Like Ben-To this season. It's one of those shows that most would turn away from because it looks like cliched ecchi-harem crap with a ridiculous premise but it's one of the better shows of the season for sure.