What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

the first episode isn't a good hint of what the rest of the series will be like.

If you don't have a general idea of what to expect after the first episode, then you weren't paying attention. Ufotable didn't decide to create 45 minutes of plot setup, character development, and foreshadowing for no reason.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm... not sure you understand what I mean. *shrugs* But, whatever, I was just making a comment about how the novels went. It has plenty of action, even if it's wordy. But there isn't any action, and a lot of the first episode was just buildup for what the rest of the series would cover. That isn't particularly exciting for someone new to the series.

And... well, more of the same. Bleh. Yes, it's buildup. But that isn't, again, exciting for someone new to all of this. I can understand why Ein wouldn't find it that exciting, I'd say at least watching the second episode would give you a better idea of what would happen.

Edited by Mirron

watching the second episode would give you a better idea of what would happen.

No.

The second episode included some action sequences, that doesn't make it a better indicator of things to come.

What to come in terms of the overall flow... it also introduces Caster and his master, and gives Rider/Saber some time to actually talk. I'm not talking about what's to come in terms of the future plot necessarily.

it also introduces Caster and his master, and gives Rider/Saber some time to actually talk.

And?

The first episode introduced 6 of the 7 masters, and I would be willing to bet that they (especially Emiya and Kotomine) are more important to the plot than the servants.

I'm not talking about what's to come in terms of the future plot necessarily.

Okay, but setting the "overall flow" was the purpose of episode 1. Having a couple of action scenes is not outlining the future progression of the show, this isn't going to be a battle anime.

Sometimes people get into an anime because of a character. And Waver/Rider is a pretty important pairing as far as master/servant goes. *shrugs* Just saying that watching more than the first episode gives you a better feel of it, or so I feel. You're welcome to disagree I guess, don't think we'll agree.

Just saying that watching more than the first episode gives you a better feel of it, or so I feel.

I don't disagree in general, but I feel that Fate/zero did a particularly excellent job of setting everything up in the first episode. Yes, it was slow paced and had lots of talking, now look at what happened in episode 4. Despite the whole episode being devoted to saber vs lancer, the fight was overall slow and filled with dialogue. None of that takes away from the great animation and choreography IMO, but it just shows that this anime isn't for those who want super speedy action with little in between. What you witnessed in the first episode should give you a good idea of what to expect for the rest of this series concerning the pacing, character development, and plot progression.

Edited by Morita Kenichi

Just a pre-emptive little thing before F/Z 6 comes out tomorrow: Caster is beautiful, and the things he does is beautiful. I hope they don't censor it even though I know they will. Holy shit I can't waaaaaaaaaaait. Mirron you will just LOVE Caster after that.

You... do know I've read the novels, right? It's likely I'll hate him more after that, because the only redeeming feature he has for me is that he uses magic, but the means by which he uses it, the purposes for which he uses it, and what he does with it are all horrible. And his voice is still weird.

You cheater. Jegus fuck you can read something with a respectable adaptation (so far) but you can't read fsn? Really? And Caster is awesome man, you're just an objectively horrible person who can't understand others.

How am I cheating? I didn't think they'd ever actually make an anime. And Caster is a horrible human being, and one of the few people in any form of media that I absolutely hate. I understand him just fine, that doesn't stop him from being horrible.

Anyways, editing this in, just watched episode 6. Not a bad episode, though mostly was a lot of explanation. Liked it, looking forward to the next. If it weren't for the fact his solution is to be an awful person, Caster could be sweet, but he's twisted the love into something terrifying at best.

Edited by Mirron

What anime I'm watching? There's so much!

Blue Seed, Card Captor Sakura, Cat's Eye, Death Note, Digimon (all season except the 5th), Dragon Ball (I haven't see it since ages), Happy Seven, HunterXHunter (2011-version), Kindaichi, Yume ne Crayon Oukoku, Mermaid Melody, Nanoha Strikers, One Piece, Suite Pretty Cure (I also watched Yes! Precure 5 and Fresh Pretty Cure but the is no more subs), Sailor Moon (all 200 episodes), Saint Seiya, Shugo Chara (and sequels), Wolf's Rain and Yugioh (and 5D's too).

If they didn't censor it, it'd have wound up immensely higher in terms of rating. And glad they did, I was thinking I'd have to avoid watching it, but thankfully didn't.

And like most of the anime you listed Apollocles. :) Only a few I haven't watched.

Edited by Mirron

Digimon (all season except the 5th)

But the fifth season is awesome

Edit, @Mirron: Apparently it's going to be nowhere near as censored for the dvd/blu-ray releases. Fuck I hope someone subs those

Edited by Hikarusa

Actually, do you know what, people who haven't read F/Z NEED to know how awesome Caster is and they probably won't show it fully even in the dvds/blu-rays

FATE/ZERO

In the darkness as thick as blood, only one solitary candle flicked. The dim candlelight reflected Uryū Ryūnosuke's handsome face.

Scarlet blood completely smeared these fingers too delicate for a man. In front of the man, who sat beside a long table, three rows of raw meat that reflected bright red were placed.

They were intestines. On the long table were human intestines.

Ryūnosuke stared intently at the intestines in front of him, then picked up a tuning fork with his left hand and hit it on the edge of the table. Ding. The tuning fork emitted a clear sound.

Before the clear sound of the tuning completely disappeared, he quickly poked everywhere on the intestines with his right hand.

At that time –

Ahhh...

Haaa...

A seemingly agonizing sound suddenly came out of the darkness.

Ryūnosuke listened carefully to the sound emitted, and nodded satisfactorily after he compared it with the residue echo of the tuning fork.

"Very good, so here it's ‘mi'."

As he spoke, he marked a point on the intestines with a pin. Many similar marks of musical notes have already been made on the incessantly quivering intestine.

The intestines seemed to be still alive. To be correct, it seems the owner of the intestines was still alive.

On the crucifix on top of the long table, a girl who was sobbing incessantly with pain was tied up. A horizontal cut was made on her abdomen, and the innards that were dragged out were being fondled with in Ryūnosuke's hand.

Even Bluebeard praised Ryūnosuke for his idea of making a living human into a pipe organ to play lamenting music. To make the girl picked as the material not die from massive blood loss or infections, Bluebeard placed a few healing and rejuvenation spells on her body, and specially made some adjustments to prevent the pain from numbing her brain.

Ryūnosuke had always been frustrated with the fact that the human body stops its life-like activities as soon as it encounters a slightly extreme stimulation.

But now, with the help of thaumaturgy, all these previous hurdles were solved easily. Now, Ryūnosuke can flutter his wings of perception freely, improvising at will.

"Very good, so one more time. 'Do re mi~'"

Ryūnosuke hummed as he pressed down on the intestine keyboard. But the sound of agony that accompanied his movement was very unharmonious with his own tune.

"... Hm?"

The tuner smeared with blood furrowed his brows and tilted his head, and once again pressed down on the place he just fine tuned with the tuning fork. However, the sound made by the girl tied on the crucifix was completely different from the marked noted.

Upon careful reflection, although the stimulation happens in the same place it doesn't guarantee that the moaning made would be the same. This human instrument is flawed in its basic conceptual design.

"Huh... what a failure."

Ryūnosuke sighed unhappily and scratched his head.

After the human canopy he tried hard to design yesterday, this human instrument also ended in failure. If this frustration keeps going on, even Ryūnosuke would lose confidence.

But just then, Ryūnosuke suddenly remembered what Bluebeard said to him in consolation after his failure at making the canopy yesterday.

"No matter what, the idea is the most important. Even though the final result is not as satisfactory as imagined, the act of challenging it already matters a lot by itself."

Ryūnosuke was inspired by the words of the exalted fiend. For a youth who was never understood by anyone, who created art alone, the encouragement of these words held great meaning.

Hard work is needed. Ryūnosuke once again picked up his spirits. It won't do to be afraid of failure. Failure is the mother of success; a long journey begins from the ground beneath his feet.

After all, he has to think progressively. It's too early to discard the making of this human instrument. If he can find the root of the problem, he might be able to find some solution.

And, sounds aside, the expression of pain the girl had when he fondled with the intestine taken out of her body was also extraordinarily alluring. To discard such a precious expression would more or less be a waste.

The air, full of the stench of blood, suddenly felt heavy. The density of prana floating in the air became even thicker. All this signaled the owner of this thaumaturgical workshop has returned.

"Ah, welcome back, Sir."

Appearing gradually in the candle light, Bluebeard, Servant Caster, didn't even give Ryūnosuke a glance. The emotionless face, compared with the singing and dancing expression of joy when he left, was a complete one-hundred-eighty-degree turn.

Looks like something unpleasant happened while he was out. Although Ryūnosuke was a bit worried, he still couldn't wait to report the fruits of his research to him.

"Sir, I'm very sorry. As you said, the instrument didn't work. But I– "

"–not enough."

"Aye?"

Ryūnosuke haven't figured out what the sentence suddenly uttered by Bluebeard meant. Caster left the shocked Ryūnosuke at the side, stretched out a hand from inside the black robe, and placed it on the gasping girl tied on the crucifix like the claw of an eagle.

"It's definitely not enough! This degree!"

"Ah, yeah. I figured that out too... Huh?"

Ryūnosuke's sentence stopped halfway through. Caster's spider-like fingers gradually increased in force; the girl's head was squashed to pieces in his hand as if it was a fruit.

"T-This..."

Ryūnosuke wasn't very unhappy with Bluebeard's attitude towards him. He understood that right now he was in an emotionally agitated state, and was completely ignorant of Ryūnosuke's existence.

"Oh you abominable God, even now you still bind Jeanne's soul and are unwilling to let her go! These blasphemous sacrifices are not yet enough!"

There were no light of reason in Bluebeard's eyes, who was roaring with spit flying from his mouth. Although Ryūnosuke didn't know what happened, the Jeanne he spoke of must be the armored girl they saw in the crystal ball.

Probably trauma caused by emotional problems with his ex.

Ryūnosuke began to pity him. Although they haven't spent a long time together, Ryūnosuke knew this odd-looking fiend in front of him is in fact extremely simple in his emotions.

"I must let her know that in this world the so-called God is only a hollow myth. Things like save the entire world are only boasting lies. The prayers of the silent lamb will never be passed on to Heaven!"

"Hum, yes. I understand, Sir."

Chiming along, Ryūnosuke obviously had no idea what Bluebeard's words meant, and he had no intention of trying to find it out; he thinks it's very vulgar to barge in on other people's emotional problems.

"Just blaspheming God is not enough! We must also prove to the world the powerlessness of God's authority and the hypocrisy of God's love! We need to prove God does not have the ability to carry out judgment! No matter how much evil you've committed you will not suffer God's punishment. Isn't it so, Ryūnosuke?"

"Ah, stuff like God are just boring old tricks that stupid people believe in. Sir, you're so much cooler compared to that fake God."

"Then, let us blaspheme God even more vigorously! We will pile the sacrifices of blasphemy as high as mountains, and place this scene in front of her."

Toward Bluebeard's declaration, Ryūnosuke contemplated it a little.

"Um, that means... we're gonna go beyond what we're doing right now in quality and quantity?"

"Yes, exactly! You're indeed Ryūnosuke! You understood my meaning very well."

When he saw that Ryūnosuke completely understood what he meant, Bluebeard immediately had a face full of smiles and clapped the other's shoulder. Ryūnosuke got used to his extreme change of temperament ages ago.

Only that, to the change of methods he spoke of before, Ryūnosuke has absolutely no interest in.

"Ryūnosuke, how many children are still locked in the cells?"

"... There are still eleven of them alive. Three died when I just played a little with them."

"Very good. Start with those eleven; make them sacrifices as soon as possible. When we're finished with them, we'll capture other children as replacement before tomorrow morning."

"That's... a bit of a pity."

After all, mass slaughter doesn't fit Ryūnosuke's taste. At maximum, he enjoys the art of killing, and isn't a killing machine. Such acts that did not savor the feeling of the kill, but merely piled corpses into mountains, were not much different from wars or natural disasters. It is a waste of lives. Only by slaughtering people one by one can you experience the wonders of life.

Bluebeard perceived Ryūnosuke's discontent; therefore, with his face full of angelic smiles, he spoke to Ryūnosuke like someone reasoning with a naughty child.

"Say, Ryūnosuke, this isn't the time to be stingy. Every life in this world is our property. Therefore you need to have the right kind of attitude and a heart as generous as a king. Feel free to waste. Please do remember your wealth is never going to run out. Only then, are you fit to be called my Master."

"Like a king?"

Yes. Ryūnosuke is very rich.

Ryūnosuke is not even remotely interested in things like currency. For him, the only thing with expendable value is human life. Also he, who obtained Bluebeard's help, won't be persecuted by the law no matter how he kills people. He is free to kill whenever, wherever, and using whatever method. Only that, these powers was granted to him by Bluebeard.

If one can do anything he desires and waste in whatever ways he likes with everything in this world, it's effectively the same as owning all these things. Even the Pope and the President won't be able to compare with him. Uryū Ryūnosuke is currently the richest man in the world.

"But I still think we should plan a bit on how we use it."

"Ryūnosuke, you've been poisoned too deeply by this capitalist society. Living in this era, it's inevitable for you have such thoughts. But you need to know that for nobles, waste is a virtue. Someone who possesses wealth has a duty to exhibit his wealth to the world. Only by doing that can you show the brilliance of wealth and make it more meaningful."

"Hum..."

Bluebeard's few words completely convinced Ryūnosuke. This master of death and destruction once again received new inspiration.

Anyways, like what Bluebeard said, just concentrate on getting rid of those kids tonight. Maybe he can find some new ways to play in the short time period. Ryūnosuke became more excited as he thought about this.

But even so –

Although he accepted Bluebeard's point, Ryūnosuke could not forget the figure of the girl who had been used as the human instrument.

Her face, that had been squashed by Bluebeard and which was no longer visible – was originally quite cute.

@Mirron: You really like most of them? They're so different from each other XD. And you like Lucius too? No way... Are you my twin brother?

@Hikarusa: I haven't seen the 5th season yet but I plan to. But before I will finish the 3rd.

Which anime did you speak about? apparently I didn't know it... Is it interesting? What is it about?

Lucius is probably one of my favorite FE characters, and sent you a PM on the emails, just to avoid generating a massive discussion on all of them. Some of the anime you like I'm unfamiliar with. But yeah, my anime list is diverse, comes from being gay I guess, like the shoujo with my shounen. Nanoha is a good example of both, as far as I'm concerned.

And Fate/Zero Caster is horrible, but not going to ever agree on that I suppose. Ooh, neat, my picture if Sothe, sexy.

Edited by Mirron

No, Zero Caster is definitely a horrible person. There is a difference between being horrible and being outright "evil". Also, he's awesome BECAUSE the shit he does is ridiculous/creepy as fuck. I prefer him to having another bland piece of shit like FSN Caster.

Eh, that's just the difference in how we approach things. And his alignment is clearly listed as CE, so not much debate on that. Plus, Alexander, to me, proves you can be awesome without being creepy. Or Saber, or Berserker... maybe Gil, hard to tell.