FE9 Ike or FE10 Ike?

Favorite Ike!  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ike do you like best?

• FE9 (PoR) Ike
    • FE10 (RD) Ike

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the PoR board or RD board, so whatevs. xP

Anyway, which Ike do you prefer? The reason can be anything really.

As for me, I love Ike lots in general (even Brawl Ike), but I have to say FE10 Ike is my favorite Ike. He's manlier, tougher, and just plain more epic. And...he has muscles. x3 (though, he had to have had some good muscularity in FE9 as well, since he STILL could wield Ragnell with one hand there)

I also think FE10 Ike is the more handsome Ike. Gosh darn. o.o

Not to mention FE10 Ike is also the axe Ike, and I tend to like axe characters (Boyd! <3). He gets to use the most awesome axe ever, Urvan. It's big, gold, powerful, and double bladed, man! And Ike looks just like his father when he holds it. I felt like I was actually moving Greil on the map, not just his son. Speaking of unique weapons, I think FE10 Ike can use more than any character I know. That just plain rules. Regal Sword, Ragnell, Alondite, Vague Katti, Urvan, Ettard. That's six different one of a kind weapons. Damn, Ike, you're awesome. Though I could never get the Vague Katti...still, the rest of those weapons are all really cool in some way or another.

So, who's your favorite Ike?

Ike did? When? I wouldn't say he actually ever flirted with Elincia, but I do think he took an interest in her (even though it wasn't really as obvious as Elincia's liking for him).

FE10 Ike is better in terms of gameplay, but I like FE9 Ike more as a character. I voted for FE9 Ike.

I do think that (relative to enemies and other PCs) FE9 Ike is more uber during the later part of the game, maybe around chapter 25 or 26 forward. But over the course of the whole game, FE10 Ike is a lot better.

FE9 Ike. In his game, you could solo with him, which scores points in its own right.

Not to mention what's already been said: FE9 Ike is a better character. He was more greenhorned in terms of battle, but managed to be cooler.

Not to mention Aether looked a bit cooler in FE9, but that doesn't count for too much.

How long has it been since I've posted on this side of the forums?

FE9 Ike was much better character wise. FE10 was terrible in terms of characters compared to others. No real supports....

Although I like the former better, you can't persecute FE10!Ike for that, considering no one had real supports.

And besides, he had a lot of script in the main story to make up for that. FE9!Ike was just better in his lines and attitudes, basically.

FE9 Ike was much better character wise. FE10 was terrible in terms of characters compared to others. No real supports....

Although I like the former better, you can't persecute FE10!Ike for that, considering no one had real supports.

And besides, he had a lot of script in the main story to make up for that. FE9!Ike was just better in his lines and attitudes, basically.

I'm not... If a game doesn't have a feature then the characters will be counted now for that in my view.

FE9 Ike did have a better attitude.

FE10 Ike took too much steroids... Too "beastly" ripped... and more "distant" from everyone...

FE9 Ike I'd say... seems more "human" physically and personality-wise...

I mean... Elincia and Ike were MUCH, MUCH closer in FE9, than in FE10... Don't make me start on the rant on WHY they decided to go on the opposite direction in FE10

In FE9, he looked like he actually cared more... Well that goes for everyone else, since FE10 had "crap" support convo system, that made EVERYONE have less personality...

Person A: How are you?

Person B: I like pie

._.

FE9 Ike all the way...

Yeah, shoot me, I'm an Ike x Elincia shipper

Edited by shadowofchaos

Fe10 isn't exactly more handsome, hell, look at him, he is a musclehead. I would have picked FE9 Ike due to personality, but I assume we were mostly reffering to gameplay...?

Much more capable of what?

Much more capable as a combatant, which is, more or less, his life at this point. Sure, he had a personality in FE9, but it wasn't so grand as to completely trump what he became in FE10. In fact, I think it's literally just a step up from his FE10 self, that's it, just a step.

Anyway, just my two and 3/4 cents on the matter.

I thought Ike had personality in both games...

Plus, FE10 Ike also made me laugh more than FE9 Ike did, and I dig humor quite a bit. :P

Also, quit dissing Ike's muscles in FE10, people! D: You've seen nothing if you think he looks like he took steroids. Seriously. I've seen pictures of men with WAY more muscle. Ike's muscles are the kind I really like, and I've come to know it as Ike-class strength. Hee hee hee. x3