So i have seen post's like how awesome prepromotes are

How often do you use them? <_<

Useless topic i know just curious

Edited by BlazingSwordsman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of exceptions, but generally they aren't as good. I typically only use the prepromotes that you get at the end of the game (Gotoh, Renning, Stefan, etc), and I only use them if I don't have a seriously strong team of non-prepromoted characters ready.

If they start better and end about as good, absolutely. If they start worse than my characters are likely to be at the time I get them, no way. Like Lucia and Bastian in PoR. If they start good and end horrible I'll use them for a while since it speeds things up. The characters I'm raising get plenty of exp in most of these games so they won't miss a few kills by the Marcus/Jeigen-like characters made in the interest of efficiency. Or pseudo-efficiency.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

It all really depends on the prepromote in question, what they can do, what their bases and growths are, and when they join. Take Niime or Cecilia for example, sure they may stink somewhat as combat units, but the main reason they are praised is for the staff utility they have when they join. On the other hand, FE6!Karel would be somewhat redundant to have on your team, because you'll likely have Fir and Rutger who'll most likely be helping the team out just swimmingly without him. Prepromotes like Harken and Pent have good enough bases and growths to earn them on a spot on your team. I should note that you would have to use prepromotes in FE4 (but the EXP gain formula is different in FE4 than other FE games, and several prepromotes in that game are your best characters) , but what I'm really trying to say, being a prepromote doesn't neither necessarily nor often mean that that character stinks.

It all really depends on the prepromote in question, what they can do, what their bases and growths are, and when they join. Take Niime or Cecilia for example, sure they may stink somewhat as combat units, but the main reason they are praised is for the staff utility they have when they join. On the other hand, FE6!Karel would be somewhat redundant to have on your team, because you'll likely have Fir and Rutger who'll most likely be helping the team out just swimmingly without him. Prepromotes like Harken and Pent have good enough bases and growths to earn them on a spot on your team. I should note that you would have to use prepromotes in FE4 (but the EXP gain formula is different in FE4 than other FE games, and several prepromotes in that game are your best characters) , but what I'm really trying to say, being a prepromote doesn't neither necessarily nor often mean that that character stinks.

Is there even a penalty for exp gain for being promoted in fe4? I didn't pay enough attention to earned exp to notice.

Nope, but I think that was his point,anyway.

I really should've put in "so you don't have to worry about any 'EXP loss' from using prepromotes in that game" in the middle of my statement. Y'know, to help avoid any confusion.

Edited by LittleAl

Before I promote, occassionally they do.

Example, Shadow Dragon, Draug had 20 def before he promoted. Julian level 30 has max str (20) and speed (30), will have to turn on the game, if you want others...

Edit: If you mean...do they cap stats as a fully leveled final tier...I think Ike is one of the very few who did. I think Soren might have too. I haven't finished shadow dragon yet, so I'll have to let you know :-P. I'm trying to get everyone to default class 20/20 via massive arena abuse.

(jake, beck, bantu, tiki are the 4 exceptions, but I'm going to try anyway!)

Edited by Hatari

No!

I hate prepromotes, they always come out bad for me at max level.

training characters from a low level always comes out best in the end.

(and prepromotes make me feel like cheating)

(in this opinion I did not count the FE10 2nd tier and 1 class only PTs)

:lol:, from what I heard on the SD board, it's pretty common to arena train a prepromote for a WiFi team. See my crazy idea board...

Though granted a lot of people reclass etc as well, where I'm just doing default classes.

Kinda my fault to :lol:

Anyways did anyone arena or train a prepromote

Other than in FE4, I think I arena'd Marcus and Isadora for a while, and played around with Karla a bit after recruiting her, in FE7. But that's about all I can think of.

Oh yeah, Wolf too. And Sedgar as well in FEDS.

Edited by LittleAl

I only use them on occasion. Usually only on my first playthroughs of FE games. Like FE6. Im still only on my first time through that game and half of my party are prepromotes. (Cecilia, Echidna, Percival, etc) Once i really get a feel for the game though, i usually dont use them as much. The exceptions (most of the time) are Pent, Seth, Titania (PoR although she gets benched about halfway through the game) and Marcus (who ends up benched too). Percival is pretty damn cool though.