Best GBA warrior

Junkhead

50 members have voted

1. 1. Best GBA warrior?

I picked Geitz, out of all of them he is one of the fastest for his game while being quite strong and taking out a few enemies on his own, he also has decent supports. He also starts with a B rank with axes AND bows, not to mention his low joining level...

I make an honorable mention to Dorcas, which, he wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for his Spd and subpar Def =/

Edited by Alan Rainsworth

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geitz is pretty good for a GBA Warrior. He doesn't have the typical awful speed that most GBA Warriors seem to get lumbered with, and he can get HM boosts, which is always nice.

Most other Warriors are just too slow, even with the awful speed most GBA enemies have.

Geitz is pretty good for a GBA Warrior. He doesn't have the typical awful speed that most GBA Warriors seem to get lumbered with, and he can get HM boosts, which is always nice.

Most other Warriors are just too slow, even with the awful speed most GBA enemies have.

This sums up my thoughts here.

He comes out better then Gietz if you train him properly in FE7

Personal Experience means nothing, especially in Hector Hard Mode where he will suffer too much with his speed problems, keep in mind he gains no Speed bonus upon promotion, Geitz will also bear +3 Spd at his joining level.

And Geitz's B rank in bows comes in handy for a Brave Bow, Steel Bow or Killer Bow for taking out wyern lords with ease.

Edited by Alan Rainsworth

And Geitz's B rank in bows comes in handy for a Brave Bow, Steel Bow or Killer Bow for taking out wyern lords with ease.

Longbows are also very handy for certain magical enemies in places like Cog of Destiny when you don't want to be countered.

He comes out better then Gietz if you train him properly in FE7

Geitz'saverages

Bartre's averages

At level 20/03: Bartre's winning in 9 HP, 3 Str, 2 Skl, 2 Def, and 5 lolRes.

Geitz's winning in 2 Spd.

If you ask me, the differences are a bit marginal in stats, but you also gotta consider: You only get three Hero's Crests before Geitz joins, and you're most likely gonna wanna use one or two, with the likely candidates being Raven and Guy. Chances are, neither Dorcas nor Bartre are gonna promote. Geitz is the guy you actually wanna go to, should you want a warrior in your ranks.

And you also wanna consider weapon ranks. Like Soul and Fox said, thanks to his B in bows, Geitz can help dispatch Dracoknights/Dragon Masters with Steel, Killer, and Brave Bows, and mages with Longbows.

I also agree that Geitz and Lot are the best choices, but I'm going with Lot. His availability is significantly better, and he makes a great support for Dieck. Post promotion, his defensive abilities really shine, although his bow rank probably won't be good enough to demolish the wyverns. Geitz gets points for the bow rank, but I think Lot's availability is enough of an edge.

I think Lott is good, but the big problems don't lie in his Defense, because it certainly wouldn't bother if IS at least exchanged that Def growth of his for his Str growth, he isn't doing well in that section, even Oujay will have better Str =/

But, I guess his Def is also part of the reason he gains those points, it is quite strange to see a fighter/warrior with such a Defense growth in the GBA series.

I woulda voted Geitz except for two things;

ONE You need to have very high levelled lords.

TWO ...Ross.

Although, Geitz DOES have a significant advantage in being, y'know, prepromoted, but Ross isn't that hard to train, even without Valni.

I'm surprised nobody's voted Garcia.

Garcia is overshadowed by other units in his own game, but he's still good from the moment you get him until the end of the game, and its available a lot longer than Geitz. It's likely he'll become a Hero rather than a warrior though.

I picked Garcia, since I assume you want the units' performances in their own games to be compared. Garcia just contributes more than any other Fighter, even if he's not statistically better. Unless you aren't taking Garcia's multiple class choices into account, that is. Hero Garcia is by far the best on this list, though I could still see him as a Warrior making some kind of argument.

Edited by Tangerine