FE6 HM Tier List

Colonel M

Lot > Fir:

Earlygame:

-Lot is fairly average as a combatant. He's beaten by the likes of Rutger/Dieck/Marcus (duh), but is statistically similiar to the likes of Alan or Lance until they gain some levels (Lot has worse accuracy but better damage) and wins outright against lance using enemies who he has WTA against.

-Lot has Halberd access in C4 and is obviously the best canditate because he's not as prone to getting doubled as Wade.

Isles:

-Fir is pretty mediocre early on because she needs to pick between low mt with Iron or not doubling with Steel. However, she's still statistically stronger than Lot after a few levels. Lot has more concrete durability but Fir has more avoid and won't get doubled by Mercs.

-Lot has Handaxes which are cool for C10 Bartre and C12, where Fir sucks.

Etruria:

-Fir's lack of 2-range is noticeable, but she can't double Mercenaries with Steel and her strength is low enough that it tells on her. Her damage is also noticeably inferior against Cavaliers, who Lot can sometimes double (looking over C15 quickly, 12AS doubles exactly half the cavaliers), and the Cavs are generally 2HKOing her with Steel (Lot is manly and gets 4 or 5HKOed). However, Lot gets ruined by Mercenaries who he can't hit at all and sometimes double him. I think Lot wins, since there are more Cavaliers around than Mercenaries, but then again Cavaliers are easier for other units to deal with.

-Both need to buy Crests. Life sucks.

Sacae:

-Lot can equip Hand Axes for comedic value, while Fir carves up Nomads on player phase and helps against bosses. Not really a contest.

Ilia:

-Lot rapes the Pegasus and Falcoknights, while Fir isn't so great... she's not really durable enough to take on very many, but Lot can generally shrug them off.

I think Lot is better for Ilia, but Fir is better for Sacae... and Lot is probably better overall. I don't really know how they perform in Bern, but I imagine it's similiarly tied - maybe Lot has an advantage due to a greater preponderance of Lance enemies?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it Anouleth, just for fyi. Also: Bows in Sacae, which have good amount of Hit (note I did not say great).

For a temporary compromise that I'm not going to play biased I put Fir > Lot on the list, though, like I said, I think it's better for me to sit out of the argument.

Wow, I totally forgot about Bows! Perhaps because in most FEs they're super useless... Well, that's made up my mind absolutely. Lot > Fir.

I don't think you need to sit out of the argument. Your opinion is still important, and just because you feel strongly about it doesn't make it any less valid.

Although I don't know how many people will post to reply... Inui is gone, who iirc was the most vocal Fir proponent.

Edited by Anouleth

I know there were others. Cynthia, Narga, bblade are the big 3 I was thinking off the top of my head that seemed to voice Fir > Lot. Conversely, I wanted to argue Klein > Fir, but I want to see where Lot vs. Fir takes us.

Inui is gone, who iirc was the most vocal Fir proponent.

Thank Jesus.

Edited by Colonel M

I'm in the Fir > Lot camp.

Early game, Lot's great, and that lasts until about chapter 8. Then when we hit the Isles, Lot's performance takes a sharp dive because he has trouble hitting the enemies and isn't likely doubling, which means his offense is pretty bad; though defensively he's okay. Fir definitely crushes Lot here offensively, but the main deciding point of this section is that Fir will gain many levels at a high rate while Lot will struggle to gain a few, and this difference will continue into the later chapters, where Lot's mediocre growths don't help his offense in any case (even if he doubles, he's still got hit issues against anything not carrying a lance, and his strength means he's possibly 3RKO'ing). Lot's defense would make a better case for him also, if the enemy density in this game wasn't as low, since more action happens on player phase than enemy phase.

I'd say that Fir > Lot as well. I can't add much to what WOMC has already said, but her amazing hit % and extra crit on promotion is what gets her leg over Lot.

Is optimal deployment assumed? Because half of the reason I had a problem with dondon's anti-Inui argument which cause the Fir/Lot madness in the first place (how I remember it, anyway) is because half of his argument was riding on optimal deployment being assumed.

Edited by SaltyWongIsSalty

Is optimal deployment assumed? Because half of the reason I had a problem with dondon's anti-Inui argument which cause the Fir/Lot madness in the first place (how I remember it, anyway) is because half of his argument was riding on optimal deployment being assumed.

Shouldn't optimal deployment put Lot at a bigger disadvantage than Fir because he exists in more chapters?

Shouldn't optimal deployment put Lot at a bigger disadvantage than Fir because he exists in more chapters?

Don't you mean the other way around? Unless that is what you're trying to say.

Lot is optimal throughout pretty much his entire pre-Fir existence, so it helps him rather than it hurts him.

Lot's LOLdier bashing is awesome and very useful.

If people had trouble killing loldiers, they wouldn't be called loldiers. They'd be called soldiers.

If people had trouble killing loldiers, they wouldn't be called loldiers. They'd be called soldiers.

FE6 Soldiers are HP/ATK machines. Sample FE6 'loldier':

soldiercomparison.jpg

The first Soldier is from Chapter 3, the second is from Chapter 8, and the third is from Chapter 1 of FE8.

Anyway I'm in the Lot over Fir camp, simply because Fir is difficult to use mid game with all the lances. But the best reasons are mainly that Fir's contributions to the Western Isles are not unique or helpful enough to beat Lot's entire early game, plus he's more durable.

uh

Yes Optimal Deployment is assumed.

Doesn't that mean that every charater in Middle or below is kind of impossible to rank (all based on forced chapters and such)?

Yeah, sink like a stone, Oujay.

Bors/Walt > Oujay, thank you.

Also Ray. I can't imagine he's ever optimal. Walt > Ray. (Isn't it Wolt?)

Walt > Zeiss, Treck, Lilina, Barth.

Pretty much everyone that sucks should be rated by their joining chapters where they are forced and any free chapters. And anyone without any free chapters gets to be in "inefficient tier". Not sure how to rank them, though. Equal on a tier list is annoying. I suppose you could just say "all these are equal" and put them in alphabetical order.

No, I don't think you'll be doing optimal deployment only. Making an excuse for Lot > Fir isn't worth all those changes.

If that's the case, then there's no point in a tier list, because there would only be two tiers, God tier, and everyone else. This defeats the whole purpose of a tier list. A tier list isn't the good people, and everyone else, it's to give accurate rankings on each of the characters. Putting the average units and the shitty units on the same tier says nothing about them.