Kieran and his Gamble Skill

Forges exist. You can just forge up a hand axe to liek 12 Mt and 80 Hit for not even that much of a cost (and who cares about gold in FE9 anyway?), and suddenly, bows no longer look so nice.

But back to Gamble: it just sucks on Kieran. Not only because axes aren't exactly the most accurate weapons in existance, but especially because his crit rate doesn't even exist for the most part unless he's using a crit forge (which is balls expensive) or a killer axe, and the latter has, like, you know, very limited availability in this game.

OK, but you can only forge once per chapter. Suppose that I forged already? Then I have to wait.

Edited by Richter Renard

OK, but you can only forge once per chapter. Suppose that I forged already? Then I have to wait.

Sure, that's true, but it's not like he'd need a new forge for every single chapter. A hand axe has 25 uses, that should serve him for a while.

Except in FE10 you can stick on units who actually get good use out of it like a swordmaster/TB. In FE9, you don't have that option.

I get rid of it in FE9.

Yes but you do get a gamble skill you can slap on Zihark. Mia's also a decent candidate but giving her wrath would be a way better idea.

It isn't when her Avo is pretty decent...making her less likely to get hit despite having a mediocre Def.

Zihark should be the best option, Mia has lower Skill and won't have much Hit, at least Zihark has decent enough Luck, unlike Stefan.

It isn't when her Avo is pretty decent...making her less likely to get hit despite having a mediocre Def.

Zihark should be the best option, Mia has lower Skill and won't have much Hit, at least Zihark has decent enough Luck, unlike Stefan.

Won't Mia have more hit? Zihark gets +5 max from Ilyana. Mia gets +25 from AB Rhys/Ilyana (in either order) and has more luck than Zihark. At best, Zihark is looking at, what, 3 or 4 more skill? Mia can easily have 17 more hit than Zihark. It's also why she's a pretty good candidate for the Silver Blade when it appears (or, that is, when she hits A Swords). Stefan's Heaven helps with that, too, considering I don't think Soren has any other options for his secondary support. Even with his low luck, Stefan should get a lot of hit from Heaven. Especially if you let him have 2 supports. Zihark actually has the lowest hit of the three main Swordmasters in this game (assuming supports). Even without supports, Stefan should have more hit for a little bit of time due to initial skill advantage. Towards the end, though, I'll admit that supportless Zihark may have the most hit. Also supports don't help Mia's crit so Zihark gets 1 or 2 extra crit from skill. Stefan will still have at least as much crit as Zihark at all times.

What

FE9 is easy, even on Hard Mode. The Japanese version has a difficulty higher than HM called Maniac Mode.

Are you joking? FE9 is one of the most difficult games I've ever played. Granted, I think FE10 and some other games I've played are certainly harder, but overall, FE is the hardest series I've played to date.

Edited by Eternal Bond

However, what you're doing is called favouritism. In short you're saying 'If I give Kieran swords, tons of experience, a Killing edge and use Gamble, he ends up killing stuff often!' It's not a fair comparison. If Kieran is at a normal level (say, about 20/1 in chapter 17) then he's not getting anywhere near that level of accuracy.

And this favoritism is pretty pointless. Kieran is a great character, if you overlevel him he's already killing stuff pretty effectively.

That's why you should be proactive about forging. Forged 1-2 weapons are really great in this game.

Are you joking? FE9 is one of the most difficult games I've ever played. Granted, I think FE10 and some other games I've played are certainly harder, but overall, FE is the hardest series I've played to date.

Honestly, I think FE9 on HM is easier than most FEs on normal mode. Not sure about FE7 because I haven't played that on NM in a long time.

The hardest thing about FE9 IMO is innate sniper critical coupled with ballistas. It took my till my 3rd PT to actually learn that I should figure out the attack power of ballistas so I could be sure the units I was moving in had the HP and Def to survive a critical ballista (which I seem to see at least once per run on chapter 23).

Other than that, I guess the ravens in the second boat chapter are pretty dangerous, because sometimes you don't notice they can make it to the seize location.

Edited by SeverIan

That's why you should be proactive about forging. Forged 1-2 weapons are really great in this game.

...I just can't being myself to care that much about forging, but while you have a point, 25 uses isn't exactly a lot.