Alan vs Lance

Ansem

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you use the most?

• Alan
    • Lance
    • I use both (Cant wait for a million of these)

It's just that meaning Lance could double ealier isn't much when it comes to Hard Mode. There are fighters at Ch 1 with around 7 AS while Lance bears 8 AS, Alan will do +2 more damage, has more Def/HP but neither will be doubling.

The only thing Lance is doubling are archers and LOLdiers (Which everyone that isn't base level Bors is doubling).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just that meaning Lance could double ealier isn't much when it comes to Hard Mode.

uh, yeah it is.

There are fighters at Ch 1 with around 7 AS while Lance bears 8 AS, Alan will do +2 more damage, has more Def/HP but neither will be doubling.

Everyone knows Marcus is the only one doubling in C1. And that chapter really is just Marcus standing in the middle with an iron sword and getting the fighters down to like 2 hp so the cavs & Roy can kill them. +2 damage doesn't mean that much. Allen only has +1 hp and they tie def

The only thing Lance is doubling are archers and LOLdiers (Which everyone that isn't base level Bors is doubling).

Allen needs +3 spd to double C1 archers, Lance only needs 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, you can feel the difference between not using Marcus vs. using Marcus. Even playing Chapter 1 you'll feel more of a challenge without him. If it wasn't for fetching Lugh (which I sort of regret), I would've cleared Chapter 3 a bit faster. Instead it took me 15 turns just to do it (which ticked me off).

Honestly, you can feel the difference between not using Marcus vs. using Marcus. Even playing Chapter 1 you'll feel more of a challenge without him. If it wasn't for fetching Lugh (which I sort of regret), I would've cleared Chapter 3 a bit faster. Instead it took me 15 turns just to do it (which ticked me off).

Technically, that is the limit for maximum # of turns for that chapter for S rank in FE6. Maybe the ranks aren't as lenient as everyone kept thinking...or that they just assumed that no one would use Marcus in HM to create a challenge like I'm doing now >_<

Noah. I tried using one of the two in the poll before, but they disappointed me. Noah however, he's doing well for me.

use both. cav is a great class and their supports make them significantly better.

with that said, I prefer lance due to higher speed and the alan x lance support fixes his problems moreso then they fix alan's.

You didnt play hard mode

My mistake, you need him for weakening enemies with high HP such as Fighters.

And Noah sucks, he's all bases and Skill, Treck's bases aren't that much lower, Treck is better.

And Noah sucks, he's all bases and Skill, Treck's bases aren't that much lower, Treck is better.

Yeah the same in hard mode

He weakens the fighters with 30 hp and then someone like Alan, Roy or Lance kill the fighter

But I do't think fighters earlygame have that much HP earlygame...hmm, but it must be that Alan & Lance just did better there, so Marcus isn't really needed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm hardcore. I don't use either.

Probably enjoy soloing with Marcus. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

It's just that meaning Lance could double ealier isn't much when it comes to Hard Mode. There are fighters at Ch 1 with around 7 AS while Lance bears 8 AS, Alan will do +2 more damage, has more Def/HP but neither will be doubling.

I never could understand why Soldiers have worse speed than armored knights. I suppose the designers want to make them easy exp for your weaker units...I guess.

Treck's bases aren't that much lower, Treck is better.

That is a headache to get in the HM.

In Hard mode they have 30 - 35 hp

It's even worse in the later chapters with them being in the 40ish HP.

----

As for Alan or Lance?

I prefer to use both.

Edited by Ayanami

lol @ someone saying they can live without Marcus in hard mode

Marcus's presence in Chapter 1 might be the most significant of any unit ever in a single chapter. He probably shaves off like 15 turns just by doing some stuff. Then his presence up until Chapter 9 or so is very significant since he has 8 Mov + great stats + axes.

lol @ someone saying they can live without Marcus in hard mode

Marcus's presence in Chapter 1 might be the most significant of any unit ever in a single chapter. He probably shaves off like 15 turns just by doing some stuff. Then his presence up until Chapter 9 or so is very significant since he has 8 Mov + great stats + axes.

Wrong. Sigurd in the Prologue of FE4 probably wins that award. He's the only unit who can double and kill, not to mention that he has ridiculous move and canto. If you used Sigurd only to seize in that chapter, forget about saving half of the villages.

I should narrowed that down to GBA. My bad.

Then I say Seth just because Seth is epic from start to finish while Marcus is shit past Chapter 8.

Seth's presence in any given chapter in terms of turn-shaving doesn't compare to Marcus at all.

I disagree.

Seth is a positive throughout the entire game. He rapes the earlygame even moreso than Marcus and is actually decent at the end with Vidofnir. Marcus is "good" in the first 6 chapters and then starts to suck horribly once the Lycia Alliance Army arrives on the isles. If you honestly think that being good for the first 1/4 of a game and then being terrible for the rest is better than raping the first 1/2 of the game and being good for the second half of the game, gimme whatever you're smoking.