Alan vs Lance

Ansem

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you use the most?

• Alan
    • Lance
    • I use both (Cant wait for a million of these)

I can see the results already

I use both and i have to say they cap the same

One just caps the other stat before the other one does

If you dont know what i am talking about you are in the wrong topic

I use both

Edited by Kai

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance. He starts double attacking earlier (Higher base and growth). Even though for the first few maps Alan is a bit better than Lance because neither double and Alan does slightly more damage.

Caps aren't everything. Say I have a character that has every stat at 10 and his caps are 30. And I also have another character that has every stat at 5 and his cap is 5 for everything. The second one must be better because he has every stat capped, right?

They're both great in their own aspects. Personally, I prefer Lance because actually doubling enemies is nice, you get more ORKOs despite his somewhat low strength. Alan may be doubling, but not many enemies. If they are supported then you win.

I don't think Alan & Lance have much of a Spd difference on HM. Fighters have around 7 AS at lvl 1 IIRC, he'snot doubling and Alan isn't getting doubled either.

Alan does more damage, Lance does -2 and doesn't double unless he gains a bit more Spd.

Lance. I've used both but Alan was seriously messed up in Speed, Skill, and Strength, and Lance was beating him in everything else. I also like Speed and Accuracy over Strength anyway.

I use both, but I have a preference for Alan as I generally favor STR over SPD. With the exception of my love for swordmasters but Rugter crits like a madman. So that's that.

My Lance got severely STR screwed, though. Sometimes when Alan was doing OHKO damage Lance can't even OTKO at the same level. But then again, my Alan also got STR blessed. So disregard that.

Either way. I like Paladins, so having two isn't exactly an issue. Having them go off and kill Dracoknights with their A support is nice too.

I'd use both of course, but if I only could choose one I'd use Lance. His higher speed lets him double enemies earlier than Alan which gives him better performance early - midgame. They're both smashing stuff in lategame, I can't imagine the difference to be that significant.

speed is more broken than str, so obv since they're basically equal in everything else, lance > alan

The stat itself can't be broken, Spd works for Avo & a bit of offense.

The stat itself can't be broken, Spd works for Avo & a bit of offense.

He's basically talking about the vast difference between doubling and not doubling that makes up for multiple different issues some characters may otherwise have. It's also what makes Pursuit so amazing/important in fe4. "A bit of offense" is quite the understatement.