Vague Katti vs. Alondite vs. Ragnell

Amiti = Peace between nations in some dead language, as far as I can tell.

Ragnell = I dunno. As far as I can find out, it's a masculine version of the name of Sir Gawain's wife. (You know, the Knight of the Round.)

Vague Katti = Again, I dunno. A "kati" is an archaic unit of measurement in China, or something. So maybe it's a vague one? Like it could be a DIFFERENT unit of measurement, because it's so vague?

Alondite = That was the name of the sword used by Lancelot. I guess the Ragnell name thing SLIGHTLY makes more sense, now.

Therefore Alondite is the best.

I wonder if the rest of the SS rank stuff actually has historic roots that I can't seem to internet find.

• 4 months later...

Ragnell>Alondite=VK

Ragnell pwns. That's the only reason I like it. And the fact that Ike can kill everything other than Generals as a lv. 1 Vanguard.

Alondite is equal to VK because it trades power for the ability to attack from 2 squares away. Technically VK has a 35% chance of being 60 Mt. Thanks to the Crit rate.

Ragnell > Alondite > Vague Katti

Even though Ragnell is exclusive to Ike, he gets a lot of use out of it and racks up a lot of kills. He onerounds everything except a few generals but he has a high strength cap (37) which allows him to do more damage than other sword users.

Alondite is the same as Ragnell but it doesn't have as many chapters to be used. Vague Katti only has 2 more mt than Alondite and Ragnell and it lacks ranged attacks. The bonus also isn't as good. VK only gives +3 defense, Alondite/Ragnell give +5 defense. VK also has the same critical rate as the other two but its more accurate. They're all good but Ike + Ragnell = unstoppable (well almost).

Ragnell > Alondite > Vague Katti.

Ike gets Ragnell at 3-11. Vague Katti comes in at 4-3, and you can barely use it at that point, anyway. Alondite's the latest, coming at 4-Endgame-2.

Ragnell wins.

Stat-wise, Alondite and Ragnell are the same. They've got good Hit, Might, and critical. However, Vague Katti has 2 more might, 15 more hit, and 10 less weight.

Vague Katti wins.

Ragnell and Alondite give +5 Defense. Vague Katti gives +3.

Win for Ragnell and Alondite.

Ragnell and Alondite have 1-2 Range. Vague Katti has 1 Range.

Win for Ragnell and Alondite.

Ragnell can be used as much as needed before the Part 4 Endgame because it has unlimited uses. Alondite's gotten right before getting blessed, and Vague Katti has 50 uses. Unfortunately for the Vague Katti, it's obtained in the chapter before the endgame for the team it comes on, and won't be used much in the chapter in comes in anyway because it's a desert.

Win for Ragnell.

Ragnell can only be wielded by Ike. (He makes the best use of it, anyway.) Alondite can be given to anyone and so can the Vague Katti.

Win for Alondite and Vague Katti.

Ragnell - 4

Alondite - 3

Vague Katti - 2

This is just my thought process. Feel free to disagree.

Vague Katti > Ragnell = Alondite.

Ragnell is only usable by Ike. Alondite is only usable for 3 rather easy maps. Vague Katti only loses by not having 1-2 range, but that's hardly a problem.

Amiti = Peace between nations in some dead language, as far as I can tell.

Vague Katti = Again, I dunno. A "kati" is an archaic unit of measurement in China, or something. So maybe it's a vague one? Like it could be a DIFFERENT unit of measurement, because it's so vague?

"Amity" still means peace between nations, and a katti is iirc an Indian sword.

As for the topic at hand, I prefer Ragnell because Ike gets it so early.

Well, looking at the swords impact through any given playthrough Ragnell wins easily since its avalible for the longest, the Alondite is the same thing but usable by anyone thats good enough but has the least play time. The Vague Katti is the most powerful of the three but the least versatile.

Though personally I use all of them. Ragnell is the best because it proves to be the most helpful of the three for the longest. The Vague Katti has more play time then the Alondtite but not enough to have a great impact. Vague Katti is better against boss in the end game if you want to end it faster but the versatility of the Alondite is overall more reliable I believe.

• 6 years later...

I'd say Ragnell given the great availability even though it is exclusive to Ike. Vague Katti is second beast sword can be used by anyone (as far as I know) and comes close enough to the endgame where the durability shouldn't wear out by the time where you can get it blessed. Alondite is last because while it can be used by anyone and is identical to Ragnell it has poor availability.

Still all great swords.

Alondite > Ragnell > VK.

Alondite and Ragnell are high-end and generally great swords all-around that trump any sword that is NOT Amiti due to providing bonus defense and 1-2 range. That's not to mention that the VK is easily missable, requires Micaiah to stand on a certain square, and comes with Stefan whom is super-lame as a character. Why is he even IN these games? He serves no purpose and he loses to Meg, MEG, in terms of plot importance! That's not to mention that it can break if used frequently while the others simply DO NOT!

So, IMO, Amiti > Alondite > Ragnell > VK.