Paladins

Ansem

53 members have voted

1. 1. Paladins

• They suck
    • They pawn
    • There ok

Paladins are underestimated

The only reason people say they suck is because of Jiegen (damn you Jiegen)

Paladins can be the best class in general depending on which game

Your best character in Fe6 is a Paladin

They have WTA in FE6 and 7 (as far as i know)

Any objections?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i put a topic that says what is the best 2nd tier class im pretty sure people will say Swordmasters and Heros

Well, it's based on the game and if you only mean the class itself or the characters in it. Swordmasters might be a favorite but in no way are they the best. The Hero class is really good, but Paladins are often better.

However, Valkyrie is obviously the best second tier class. /bias

FE3, FE4, FE5: Paladins and mounted were probably the best class. Along with Sage.

FE6, FE7, FE8: Don't know if they were the best but they were pretty decent.

FE9: ... FE3/FE4/FE5 on Steroids. The only thing they lacked was the ability to change weapons after attacking.

FE10: Lol

Edited by Speedwagon

If anyone thinks Paladins suck in FE games in general, they are:

1. Getting massively getting RNG screwed.

2. An FE fan who has only played FE10 and should widen their horizons.

But in all seriousness, saying "The only reason why people say Paladins suck is because of Jagen" (a reason that is pretty doubtful IMHO) is like saying "The only reasons why people say Generals rock is because of Oswin and FE10!Gatrie" or saying "The only reasons why people say Snipers rock is because of Jamuka and FE10!Shinon."

Other than what I've said, my opinion on paladins = Speedwagon's opinion.

I don't like mounted units, I'm not sure if I'm right but I always get the feeling they, to not get broken, their extra movement costs them some stats. plus of course all those horseslaying weapons the enemy has.

I actually remember a time when some people would to hate on Paladins for no real reason, but that was years ago.

In any case, Paladins are awesome in all the games I've played except FE4's 1st generation. Jeigan is the greatest Paladin of all time.

Edited by Musashi

I don't like mounted units, I'm not sure if I'm right but I always get the feeling they, to not get broken, their extra movement costs them some stats. plus of course all those horseslaying weapons the enemy has.

How many horseslaying items are there in the game?

Then consider the chance's of enemies having that item.

How many horseslaying items are there in the game?

Then consider the chance's of enemies having that item.

that's just the problem. If the enemy has tons of horseslaying weapons, I'd start looking out for them. but instead it's just one of them I usually don't notice.

but the movement for skill theory weights highest for me.

that's just the problem. If the enemy has tons of horseslaying weapons, I'd start looking out for them. but instead it's just one of them I usually don't notice.

but the movement for skill theory weights highest for me.

Except there isn't such an instance (though there definitely should be, it'd make things more interesting)

Generally Paladins do have lower caps but the only game that has actually made much of a difference is FE10 thus my opinion of them in that game being "Lol"

Except there isn't such an instance (though there definitely should be, it'd make things more interesting)

Generally Paladins do have lower caps but the only game that has actually made much of a difference is FE10 thus my opinion of them in that game being "Lol"

I actually liked them more in FE10, thanks to their healing mastery, just like how I like the arch sages for that reason.

Paladins are the best, period.

Not always. There were a lot of units better than Noishe and Alec in fe4, for example. Granted, Sigurd is like a pseudo-Paladin, and he was amazing. And Aless comes along in gen2 to redeem the Paladins.

Paladins are okay. I never loved 'em, but I won't avoid using them like I do some classes.

On the other hand screw Jeigen - the best character in the whole series is a Paladin. No points for guessing who.

Paladins are okay. I never loved 'em, but I won't avoid using them like I do some classes.

On the other hand screw Jeigen - the best character in the whole series is a Paladin. No points for guessing who.

fe9 Titania, fe8 Seth, or Marcus in one of his games? Really, any of them could be the best.

Except Sigurd is arguably the best in the whole series, and while he is a Pseudo-Paladin, he's not actually a Paladin.

You gotta be kidding me? Jeigan is the most useful paladin ever.

-Early pre-promote in the beginning of the game

-Meat shield

-Good rescue support

Rescuing doesn't exist in any of the games that have Jeigan in them.

You gotta be kidding me? Jeigan is the most useful paladin ever.

er, I was referencing the OP there chief. I've never actually played the NES/SNES games, or 11. I just know Jeigan through cultural osmosis.

Paladins are underestimated

The only reason people say they suck is because of Jiegen (damn you Jiegen)

Narga: 0 points for guessing properly. It's Seth.

EDIT: On reading my older post more, I meant that any bad rep the Paladin class gets for Jeigan should be made up for by the awesome rep garnered by Seth. It confused me when I reread what...uh, I wrote, so I want to clarify it.

Edited by Integrity