1. 1. Paladins

• They suck
    • They pawn
    • There ok

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paladins are pretty amazing, but they're still outclassed by DKs, PKs, and valkyries. Unless said paladin uses staves.

Isn't that just Ethlin and Nanna and the fe5 female pallies? And in fe5 they had to trade lances for staves. (In fe4 they end up with C Lances instead of B)

Actually, aside from stats Mist is basically an fe5 paladin.

Over the course of the whole series, Paladins are probably the single best non-unique class. Canto in 3/4/5/9, weapon triangle mastery most of the time, high move and generally at least 2 per game with solid stats? Yes please.

But they're not underrated by any means, everybody pretty much knows how good they are.

I prefer foot units, but paladins are good and I usually end up promoting at least one cav.

However, I do prefer Heroes, Sages and Snipers (three favourite classes by far) but I definitely won't say any of 'em (well, maybe Sages) are as good as the common Paladin.

Paladins are very solid units in general with many useful units having the class. FE6 / FE7 (haven't played FE9) had the best Paladins IMO, and partly because there are so many of them =) The class with the best combat parameters in general is Hero, as there are quite a few mediocre Paladins.

Why are people saying Paladins are no good in RD? Sure, Geoffrey, Astrid, and Fiona suck/are mediocre, but Oscar, Titania, and Kieran are pretty damn good. I can own just about anything with those three every time I play through the game. Makalov is okay, just a bit too underleveled. Renning comes in way too late to make a real judgement, but he was pretty good when I used him.

I've had good Paladins in every FE game I've played, to be honest.

Edited by Eternal Bond

Why are people saying Paladins are no good in RD? Sure, Geoffrey, Astrid, and Fiona suck/are mediocre, but Oscar, Titania, and Kieran are pretty damn good. I can own just about anything with those three every time I play through the game. Makalov is okay, just a bit too underleveled. Renning comes in way too late to make a real judgement, but he was pretty good when I used him.

Their speed caps are quite horrible, which means they run into trouble doubling after a few maps. Oscar has a 24 SPD cap, and enemies don't take too long to get to 21 AS, so he's forced to use a Crown. Titania is closer to promotion, so she only gets hit by her speed cap later in the game. Kieran also has AS problems outside 2-3.

Anyway, Paladins are usually very good, specially in FE4 and FE9.

For the ones I've played...

FE4: Epic.

FE6: Pretty good.

FE7: Epic.

FE8: Epic, but then again your best 2 characters are Pallies (or at least 1 is, the other can become a Pally)

FE10: Horrid caps, but still pretty good.

FE11: Pretty good.

I've had good Paladins in every FE game I've played, to be honest.

Once again, I must tell you personal experience means nothing. <_<

Anyways, they aren't bad, and Geoffrey doesn't suck at all, he, along with Kieran are the best Paladins in part and have great durability, it's just that the only advantage they bear is more Mov, but their Spd caps are almost the same as Marshall ones.

I don't see how Kent, Sain & Marcus are "Meh", Marcus isn't as fundamental as his FE6 version, yet he is needed for ealier chapters where you have enemies sorrounding you, he is good until midgame wherereas FE6!Marcus & Zealot aren't, the one who is actually awesome is Percival unless we count Alan & Lance which are very similiar to Kent & Sain.

Seth is not meh in the least, neither is Franz, they're doing even better since they are in such an easy FE.

I don't see how Kent, Sain & Marcus are "Meh", Marcus isn't as fundamental as his FE6 version, yet he is needed for ealier chapters where you have enemies sorrounding you, he is good until midgame wherereas FE6!Marcus & Zealot aren't, the one who is actually awesome is Percival unless we count Alan & Lance which are very similiar to Kent & Sain.

Seth is not meh in the least, neither is Franz, they're doing even better since they are in such an easy FE.

Your right for FE8 but in FE7 Kent and Sain dont compare to any of the others

I don't see how Sain and Kent wouldn't compare to any of the other cavaliers in other titles. Sain and Kent are like the 3rd best Red & Green cavaliers in the series. That's "meh?"

I do feel that Lowen's overrated though.

Edited by Terrence Sweetwater

Kent is pretty balanced, he is stronger than Lance and can double for 1-2 AS gain/s.

Sain is a beast one gets reliable Spd, his Atk very good.

I do feel that Lowen's overrated though.

What? When?

Lowen's Strength growth is lower if i remember correctly. Kent and Sain both have better strength growths.

I heart Paladins. Even in FE10 although they did get nerfed noticeably. (so did Laguz and other stuff.) While Peg Knights are my favorite mounted units, Pallies get the job done and are often your front runners. Luckily, they get a mastery in FE10 thats most useful.

FE6: Lance. PERCIVAL!!! *SQUEE*

FE7: Sain and Kent rock the socks. Teaming them up is epic.

FE8: KYLE! Seth does well too.

FE9: Everybody. (except Geoffery. hes a good unit and everything, i just dont like him much.)

FE10: Well out of all the paladins, Titania gets the win.