Paladins

Ansem

53 members have voted

1. 1. Paladins

• They suck
    • They pawn
    • There ok

Noish has chip damage and good Mov. He isn't Sigurd but he can turn 2RKOs for other units into ORKOs, which is pretty significant. He doesn't need effective weapons to function well, he doesn't really need to ORKO anyway.

Edit: Also, the Heirhein Ballistae aren't anything to be worried about. You can lure a few Armors over and take down the boss with Ethlin / Sigurd / Cuan. Charge doesn't backfire on Noish if he has less than 25 HP, and it has a low chance of activation to boot, so Noish isn't in danger most of the time.

Edited by Aquilae

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just played through it. My mounted units reached Nodion a turn or two earlier than my foot units, but couldn't advance into the mid-boss's Ballistae and Armor range without waiting for healing. During this time, the foot units caught up (outside of, like, Azel and Ardan). I left them behind since I knew they couldn't help against MacBeth, Voltz, and the Free Knights. They were easily the first units to attack Clement and his castle, which fell handily, especially with the Sleep Staff. The final castle in the chapter has Zyne's mounted rush, and Zyne himself has a Knight Killer, so it's hard for any mounted unit not named Sigurd to tank through this.

Mounted units have an advantage during Elliot's rush and Voltz's rush. Outside of that, they're about the same.

You're not playing efficiently. Elliot won't even freaking attack if you leave only two mounted knights in his army alive, Ethlin can heal them to near-full HP, and they prioritize Lachesis's buddies over your own army members. Zyne will always initially damaged by a mount. There is no "they" when initiating the battle at Mackily. It's essentially the Holyn and Deirdre show with Jamka, Ayra and Azel providing backup. The Mackily battle MUST be started right when Siggy takes Anphony.

Noish has chip damage and good Mov. He isn't Sigurd but he can turn 2RKOs for other units into ORKOs, which is pretty significant. He doesn't need effective weapons to function well, he doesn't really need to ORKO anyway.

How is it pretty significant if Noish gets Alec to ORKO an armor instead of 2RKO? It makes a small impact, sure, but it's nothing to brag about. You can't pass off his poor performance as helping everyone else.

Edit: Also, the Heirhein Ballistae aren't anything to be worried about. You can lure a few Armors over and take down the boss with Ethlin / Sigurd / Cuan.

By that point, your foot soldiers have probably caught up, so it's irrelevant.

Charge doesn't backfire on Noish if he has less than 25 HP, and it has a low chance of activation to boot, so Noish isn't in danger most of the time.

Noish has a pretty big HP stat, just like everyone else, and if he's being healed as much as Inui claims, he's going to be full health every Enemy Phase. You're right in saying that Charge doesn't have a big activation rate, which I forgot, but this works against Noish, too, since that means he's even less likely to kill things.

Elliot won't even freaking attack if you leave only two mounted knights in his army alive

Elliot's AI makes him attack before his generics most of the time, and even while rushing at full speed on road tiles, you can't reach Nodion until turn 2~4. I doubt most of his generics are dead by that point.

Ethlin can heal them to near-full HP

Once per turn. Meanwhile, you have 7 mounted units running towards Nodion.

and they prioritize Lachesis's buddies over your own army members.

If anything, that devalues the importance of rushing towards the attacking army.

Zyne will always initially damaged by a mount.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

There is no "they" when initiating the battle at Mackily. It's essentially the Holyn and Deirdre show with Jamka, Ayra and Azel providing backup.

Your point is? Those foot units still take the castle.

The Mackily battle MUST be started right when Siggy takes Anphony.

Again, your point? Sigurd takes Anphony, and your foot units are already waiting.

Edited by Ninji

Elliot's AI makes him attack before his generics most of the time, and even while rushing at full speed on road tiles, you can't reach Nodion until turn 2~4. I doubt most of his generics are dead by that point.

Once per turn. Meanwhile, you have 7 mounted units running towards Nodion.

If anything, that devalues the importance of rushing towards the attacking army.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Your point is? Those foot units still take the castle.

Again, your point? Sigurd takes Anphony, and your foot units are already waiting.

9 turns to Heirhein is the standard to beat on efficiency. I've done it and so has Aquilae. If you don't seize Heirhein by then, you've not reached the efficient level of play unless you were horribly unlucky against Boldo and had to take it in ten turns.

Elliot's army is GENEROUSLY weakened by Lachesis's buddies so all you have to do is deal only 22 damage to most of them. Lex kills one, Ethlin kills one, Midir kills one, Alec kills one, Cuan kills one, and Sigurd kills one and THEN re-moves to recruit Lachesis, and the Paladin trio kills off another. Per this list, there are SIX lance knights and THREE Axe Knights following Elliot. By my count, 7 are already dead, which leaves two left behind. Elliot can't do crap because he's surrounded by two Pallys and Cuan and is in retreat mode. The ONLY unit that should even take damage is Sigurd against the full-HP Axe Knight, and that's only going to happen around 37% of the time when Sigurd is equipped with the Speed Ring.

I've always initiated the "Zyne-killling process" with Cuan hitting him with a Javelin, swarm up to kill him, and finish him with Lex or Fin.

The ONLY foot unit with enough durability to survive the Zyne army's remnants is Holyn. With Bow Knights packing 17 attack and Lance Knights 22, Ayra is going to the grave really quickly and Jamka is not much better off.

No, Holyn initiates the battle by going into ballistae range and does almost all of the work until most of the Swordfighters are gone. By then, Sigurd and the other guy who was Returned (Cuan most likely) come in for backup from the south while the mounts who started an early retreat from Anphony(likely the two Social Knights). Then after the Mackily army is done, you have to kill of the two Agusty armies. AFTER THAT, Cuan and whoever else gangs up on the Javelin Armor and Sigurd easily two-shots Clement and takes the castle. Ayra is terrible here, as she's around level 10 and has around 8 or 9 defense against units with TWENTY attack. She's getting three-shotted if she ever frontlines. Jamka is only there to play with the AI for one turn and then he's a spectator of Holyn killing off Swordfighters. Azel can't frontline, and Deirdre is healing.

Edited by Sidney Crysby

For the record, my foot units were nowhere near Heirhein, and didn't see any action at all until Anphony. The mounted units alone are more than enough to deal with the first two castles. Noish helping Alec / Fin kill off another unit is actually significant as it reduces the danger on enemy phase.

Elliot's troops, like most of the generic enemies in FE4, are jokes. Sigurd / Cuan can handle the initial rush, and the other mounts clean up. Ethlin doesn't have to heal much HP at all as these Cavaliers don't do much damage at all. Even if Noish / Alec were to be hurt, they can still hang back and rush forward when Ethlin is ready to heal them, which the foot units cannot do at all.

Also, regarding Anphony, the mounts have the freedom to either rush with Sigurd or stay behind to kill the troops. The foot units are "forced" to stay behind if you're playing efficiently, and that is a notable advantage. Zyne is hardly significant as he is the only unit who has a Knight Killer, and even then you can stay out of his range because he has a Javelin. You can use a mount to lure him, and take him down with Hero Axe / ranged attacks.

You seem to be under the impression that Noish is a negative somehow. He's a constant positive in almost all cases. You have unlimited deployment slots. Noish helping to reduce the damage your team takes overall and kill enemies faster and move around easily = a huge positive. Why don't you see that? Yes, he is worse than units with Pursuit when it comes to fighting, but his presence is always a positive. Foot units are very often stuck in neutral, and they are less durable than him in many cases. Mobility is part of durability. He can escape easily.

For instance, Voltz's army attacks with swords, he equips a lance and counters a few of them. He also takes some hits in the process. Your whole team typically does this. Instead of the enemies' offense being distributed amongst 5 units, it was distributed among 6. If Noish is in danger, he can easily escape their range. A foot unit like Ayra or Holyn? They die in less hits and can't just run away.

No one should ever do a tier discussion for FE4 by talking about theoretical 3HKOs and crap without referencing actual concrete strategies, this guy is here in this part of the chapter that guy is there. You can always deploy everyone, the promotion bonuses are gigantic and make RN bless/screw a minor issue, and you almost never need to modify strategies seriously to suit a particular playthrough.

Anyway there is a whole tier thread in the NES/SNES forum, just sayin'

I chuckled at this one.

Levels in FE 6 are often overinflated in general. Allow me to consult my current S rank playthrough where I'm currently in the Western Isles running a nearly 50 turn surplus in Tactics. It's Chapter 12.

Lol @ turn surplus in FE6. (HINT: FE6 Tactics are a complete joke)

*Sigh*

I know what you think, and my answer to is that, you should actually know that I am usually the top poster at SF. The cause of this is boredom, so don't feel like I'm only replying just because you post in a particular thread.

Okay, Sirius.

Edited by Soul