Paladins

Ansem

53 members have voted

1. 1. Paladins

• They suck
    • They pawn
    • There ok

Ike was a Mercenary -> Swordlocked Hero, face it. SMs cannot claim that.

There was this GFAQ (GBA character comparison or something) where they were amazed that someone gave Zealot a 4/10. The writer had given him a zero.

Most character FAQs on GFAQs were done back when the growth mindset was dominant (might still be the case... don't know, don't care). Back then, growths were literally all there was to the character, Nino was considered the best (today's equivalent of "Top tier") and the best stats were SKL, SPD and LCK. As such, Marcus, Titania and Zealot all saw a time where they were ridiculed for their poor growths and now it's completely different. Heck Sigurd would probably be considered mid or low tier.

Probably the 2 games I put mounted units to most use would be FE4 where I play with just 8-9 MOV units or FE8 where EVERYONE I use with the exception of Knoll and my healer/Saleh/Bishop gets a mount.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by growths is a pretty poor excuse, especially for a character arriving so later. Sigurd is an exellent character, he also faces enemies with negative AS.

And Generals, like Paladins and every other class...you can't generalize and say they are either great or bad, I mean, at least not to all of them, because it would apply to some and not to others.

I could say Percival is pretty damn awesome, yet, there are those paladins made out of suck which are either Jeigan or Zealot.

I can't name a Cavalier/Paladin that isn't at least mid tier except for a few in FEs 1 or 3 out of the bajillion that got shafted. You can indeed generalize and say "Paladins are amazing/the best class" and be totally correct.

Jeigan is incredibly useful in H5 of FE:DS and has his moments even in FE 1. Being able to use that Silver Lance when nobody else can for a while is nice.

Zealot is just straight up good. During the period of time he's good, he's super good. He's pretty much a top tier until until Chapter 13.

I can't name a Cavalier/Paladin that isn't at least mid tier except for a few in FEs 1 or 3 out of the bajillion that got shafted. You can indeed generalize and say "Paladins are amazing/the best class" and be totally correct.

Jeigan is incredibly useful in H5 of FE:DS and has his moments even in FE 1. Being able to use that Silver Lance when nobody else can for a while is nice.

Zealot is just straight up good. During the period of time he's good, he's super good. He's pretty much a top tier until until Chapter 13.

Aren't the lame-ass cavs of FE4 all low tier?

Paladins are usually huge douchebags, so I don't like them very much

Edited by Gardenia's Tummy

Not FE4. Alec and Beo, at least, are closer to Mid than anything, at least in my opinion. Kein and Alva of FE5 are borderline Low tier, though.

Edited by Ninji

Aren't the lame-ass cavs of FE4 all low tier?

Paladins are usually huge douchebags, so I don't like them very much

Aless would like to have a word with you.

And since tiers ultimately measure utility contributed to obtaining a goal or goals, Alec and Noish cannot be lower than mid-tier.

Not FE4. Alec and Beo, at least, are closer to Mid than anything, at least in my opinion. Kein and Alva of FE5 are borderline Low tier, though.
Only one unit out of all those you mentioned are actually a Social Knight/Paladin, and the key phrase is "at least Mid", which means mid tier is included.

Why would anything with a horse in FE 4 be anything but mid tier or higher? Look at the maps, lol.

What's that, Noish? You've got the worst offense on the team barring Tiltyu and Ardan? You say your durability is decent, but still nowhere near good enough to make up for your other shortcomings? You can't arena well? You're the worst unit in the Prolouge, barring Ardan, and Chapter 1, barring Ardan and Azel, and the only reason you aren't the worst in later chapters is because characters like Tiltyu and Diadora join? You're probably not even going to promote?

Oh, wait, you've got a horse? Aces, we'll have to put you in top tier, apparently, regardless of everything else.

Only one unit out of all those you mentioned are actually a Social Knight/Paladin, and the key phrase is "at least Mid", which means mid tier is included.

The differences between Free Knight, Lance Knight, and Cavaliers are almost negligible. The weapon ranks change, this much is true, but it's like saying that Lance Knightss in FE10 are not Cavaliers because Cavaliers have Lances and Swords; they're basically the same.

That being said, when I said not FE4, the poster directly above me when I said that. He said all of the cavs in FE4 were Low Tier. This is not the case.

Edited by Ninji

Oh, wait, you've got a horse? Aces, we'll have to put you in top tier, apparently, regardless of everything else.
There is a difference between saying "anything but mid tier and higher" and "lol anything but top tier".

I believe I read his post as the former!!!

There is a difference between saying "anything but mid tier and higher" and "lol anything but top tier".

I believe I read his post as the former!!!

I thought I made my sarcasm pretty clear via that hyperbole, but apparently, I didn't.

Well, looking at the tier list...

Lower Mid Tier

Alec

Beowulf

Noish

Adeen

Dew

Claude

Azel

I was thinking this was "low" tier when I posted it, but does it really make a difference? this is the second worst tier. There are apparently arguments about the cavs going up, but for right now they're still considered bad.

Noish is mid tier even with his shortcomings. He can get places, take hits, and deal damage. Other units with better stats can't get there.

The differences between Free Knight, Lance Knight, and Cavaliers are almost negligible. The weapon ranks change, this much is true, but it's like saying that Lance Knightss in FE10 are not Cavaliers because Cavaliers have Lances and Swords; they're basically the same.

That being said, when I said not FE4, the poster directly above me when I said that. He said all of the cavs in FE4 were Low Tier. This is not the case.

I was aware I was talking to different people. I was just lazy when copying and pasting.

Noish is mid tier even with his shortcomings. He can get places, take hits, and deal damage. Other units with better stats can't get there.

Such as...? Azel? Noish is above him. Holyn? Ayra? Jamka? The only time this seems relevant would be Chapter 2, since Sylvia isn't there. Everyone is either split between the Cross Knights and waiting to slaughter the pirates in Chapter 3 unless they are warped, which foot units can take advantage of, too. Chapter 4 is almost entirely forest and mountain, and Chapter 5 has enemy units converging on you from every position, followed by Levin, Sigurd, and Fury destroying everything in the desert.

Mounts are cool. I like mounts. Mounts mean a lot. Mounts do not get you auto-Mid.

Also note that the FE4 Generation 1 tier list (on FEG, can't find the SF version) doesn't even have a Mid tier. If it did, Noish would probably be in it or be at or near the top of Low Mid.

They are basically the same.

Top of Lower Mid is not the same as Mid. There is a definite performance gap between Beo/Alec and Noish which, if there was a Mid Tier, would make it the dividing line. There just aren't enough units to warrant a Mid tier, however.

I was aware I was talking to different people. I was just lazy when copying and pasting.

Alright, then.

I don't mean to insult anyone's work and I don't know where that FE4 tier list came from exactly, but it's basically insane. I can count the number of times Jamka or Brigid shave a turn in gen 1 on one finger.

Oh, most certainly.

Despite arguing against it, I personally think Alec, Beo, and Noish should all be High Tier.

Yeah, the person running it just rage quit, so maybe it'll undergo some positive changes.

Hmmm...? When?

Top of Lower Mid is not the same as Mid. There is a definite performance gap between Beo/Alec and Noish which, if there was a Mid Tier, would make it the dividing line. There just aren't enough units to warrant a Mid tier, however.
While this is technically true, Inui always says stuff at face value. Noish being Lower Mid Tier isn't going to completely destroy the point trying to be made about horses = good. Edited by Ilyana

I don't mean to insult anyone's work and I don't know where that FE4 tier list came from exactly, but it's basically insane. I can count the number of times Jamka or Brigid shave a turn in gen 1 on one finger.

They get to level 30 extremely easily due to raping arenas and can slaughter bosses. The Experience rank is really, really gay.

While this is technically true, Inui always says stuff at face value. Noish being Lower Mid Tier isn't going to completely destroy the point trying to be made about horses = good.

Noish is the exception that proves the rule, I assume?

They get to level 30 extremely easily due to raping arenas and can slaughter bosses. The Experience rank is really, really gay.

We're all talking about Efficiency.

Being mounted and having good choices of weapons isn't proving much. Zealot only shines in the first two chapters you get him, you're going to want to stick with Marcus, not exactly worth using a slot on him later on.

And Noish's growths suck, same thing goes with Noah and Zealot, theor bases barely save them.

Being mounted and having good choices of weapons isn't proving much. Zealot only shines in the first two chapters you get him, you're going to want to stick with Marcus, not exactly worth using a slot on him later on.

And Noish's growths suck, same thing goes with Noah and Zealot, theor bases barely save them.

Zealot is good until the end of the Western Islands. That is Chapter 7, 8, 8x, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 12x. I think that's slightly more than 2 chapters. Also, Zealot's bases are better than Marcus (Marcus wins Skill by 3, Luck by 5 and Res by 1 point). If anything, you are going to replace Marcus with Zealot.

Noish's growths aren't that bad when you consider that Gen 1 growths aren't really too high aside from any Holy Blood bonus growth.