Lord of Azure Flame *sign up/information topic*

Phoenix

A B-level support is a strong friendship, A A-level is either love or a INCREDIBLY strong friendship, and a S is... well... pretty much either husband and wife or a friendship on par with Jesus and Peter (or Mario and Luigi or something similar).

I would have gone with Jesus and John, really, if you wanted to use Jesus in your example. Certainly a closer friendship than Jesus and Peter.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If nobody minds, I'll claim the crimson bow.

Name: Rayton Esquire

Appearance: Rayton stands at 5'8", weighing in at 200 lbs. He has a somewhat lean body frame, which makes him quite lithe. He has a burn mark dead center on his back, scars going up and down his arms and a long one going down the side of his face, which is a mop of short, messy black; remnants of his troubled childhood. Despite this, he is in relatively good physical condition. Rayton wears a loosely-fitting navy-blue bodysuit that doesn't restrict his movements. It has numerous areas for storing items and also has straps in several places for easy storing of his crimson bow and black quiver when not in use. He also wears durable brown boots as well.

Element: Dark

Class: Archer

Crimson weapon?: Yes

Stats:

HP 3

STR 2

MAG 2

SKL 4

SPD 3

Luck 1

DEF 1

RES 1

Simplified stats: HP:9, Str:2, Hit:4, Evade: 5, DEF/RES: 1/1

Weapons: Hellion Shot: A black bow covered with lethal-looking red and bluish glowing runes on it. When an arrow is launched, it leaves a trail of red and blue energy blazing behind it.)

Items/gold: 20 gold/no items

Skills: Vantage

Backstory: Rayton is a man who was once shackled under the bonds of slavery. At age 8 the village he lived at was under siege by a group of roaming bandits. He managed to escape his home when it caught ablaze, but was captured shortly. Seeing as he was the only one to survive, they kept him around, as a slave of sorts. Many years passed by under them, and Rayton learned about the true atrocities of the world he lived in. And whenever he'd be caught trying to escape or trying how to teach himself how to use weapons, he'd be tortured, by being beaten, branded, or sliced up, along with being deprived of food and water for a while. For quite some time things looked as if he never would escape his nightmare...

But at age fifteen an opportunity for salvation finally presented itself, although in an unwanted manner. When the bandits invaded another village Rayton once again tried to escape he took refuge in one of the ruined homes, only to discover a dying demon and a bow lying all by itself that seemed as if it was calling to him; the Hellion Shot. As he was bound to it by the demon his emotions went spiraling out of control until they settled on one emotion: blind rage. With his new weapon in tow he confronted his captors. As they approached him he found himself launching an arrow that left a trail of red and blue energy in its wake. He suprised himself when the arrow took out the bandit in front of him, and nailed the one behind him. With this powerful weapon in his possession they didn't stand a ghost of a chance, as he slaughtered every single one before they could finish a counterattack.

Ever since then, he became somewhat of a freelance mercenary, one that would patrol nearby towns and offer his assistance when needed, for a nominal fee of course. He also did this so he would become more skilled in handling his newfound crimson weapon. Every so often he'd give people freebees; this would happen when a situation reminded him of his past to a harrowing degree. It wasn't easy however, as his Hellion Shot took quite some time to fully master without him falling under its influence and slaughtering the innocent. Because of this, he became quickly known as the Forsaken One; a title that he really resents.

One of my NPC since i killed of my old one XD

Dont worry i wont kill this one off

Name: Mark

Apperance: 6'3" tall. Usually wears a mask when he is mounted. He has brown hair and he wears black armor.

Personality: Very humble and loyal. He puts his peers life before his. He tends to be cold towards many people.

Element: Wind

Class: Cavelier

Crimson weapon: None

Stats: Hp:4 Str: 4 SKL: 2 SPD: 3 Luck: 3 DEF/RES: 3/1

Simplified stats: Hp: 12 Hit: 2 Evade: 5 DEF/RES; 3/1

Weapons: Killer lance, Killer sword

Items/gold: Vulenary/15

Backstory: A knight in black armor is karma. When the kingdom of Tora was under attack he showed alot of prowess in battle. He was assigned to lead the kingdoms Caveliers. He was the last one to see the queen and Celia alive. He is very humble. His father was a leader of the Paladin battilon of the kingdom of Tora. When his father was killed in battle he slayed the whole attacking army out of rage.

Edited by Kai

Name: Arcturus

Appearance: Arcturus is unassuming in his height, and thin, but not wiry. He is muscular, but not to a great degree. He is however quite swift, and has great dexterity. He has relatively short, brown hair, with a somewhat feminine face. He has laughing blue eyes, and he tends to wear a slight grin at all times. He wears a plain gray shirt, and a plain gray coat, with plain gray trousers. He wears no armor, but does carry around several knives.

Personality: Going with the reveal method.

Element: Fire

Class: Thief

Crimson weapon?: No

Stats: HP 2, Str 4, Mag 0, Skl 4, Spd 4, Def 2, Res 2, Lck 2

Simplified stats: HP 6, Damage +3 (including knife penalty), to hit +4, Evade +8 (including knife bonus), Def 3, Res 3,

Weapons: Several varieties of knife/dagger stowed away on various parts of his body

Items/gold: Vulnerary (5 GP), 15 GP

Skills: Steal

Backstory: I plan on revealing backstory as necessary through plot, but I'll give the basic gist to help flow.

Arcturus has spent most of his life running jobs for various people in larger metropolitan areas, although he has spent time in the countryside as well. Currently he is traveling across the land seeking his fortunes as he can. He is no stranger to fighting, but neither is it something that he has spent much time looking for. The jobs that were offered to young men in cities often would run him afoul of some person or another, and certainly once he had been payed he became a much more interesting target.

Name: Dalton & Jones

Class: Bandit & Shaman

Appearance:rp2.png

Crimson Weapon: No

Personality: Dalton is a simpleton who doesn't really think at all. While naturally gentle at heart he took up banditry since he thought it'd be an easy way to make a living. And hasn't really considered the consequences or the effect his actions may have on people. He usually is seen apologising to the dead after the end of a raid/battle, but usually follows it up with an accidental kick or step on the deceased.

Jones is sneaky, but not very bright, and usually tries to solve everything with poison or drugs. He has no morals whatsoever is always trying to think of a way to end up not doing any work with the maximum gains possible. He is also a pervert and joined up with bandits for the spoils of banditry. Though moreso the women then the gold.

Dalton (Iron Axe)(Ice)

HP: 6 Str: 4 Skl:3 Spd: 3 Lck: 0 Def: 4 Res: 0

Simplified Stats:

HP:18 ATK:4 HIT:3 EVD: 4 DEF/RES: 4/0

15 gold

Vulnerary x3

Jones (Fire)(Thunder)

HP: 5 Mag: 3 Skl: 4 Spd: 3 Lck: 1 Def: 2 Res: 2

Simplified Stats:

HP:15 ATK:3 HIT:4 EVD:5 DEF/RES: 2/2

15gold

Vulnerary x3

Background: Dalton was born in a remote village which was completely destroyed in the events of the Azure Demon. He isn't really sure if it was soldiers or demons that attacked his village, but he doesn't really remember the village he was born in anyway. When he was young a witch had arrived at his village and when Dalton had knocked the woman over by accident had been cursed to be a stupid fool. Years later, news of the witches death spread and the curse was lifted, but it didn't change the fact that he'd learned nothing for two decades and anything valuable he'd learned as a kid was completely forgotten. A few months later the village was wiped out. Dalton wondered around aimlessly for awhile, but would eventually be attacked by bandits, fortunately what Dalton lacked in brains he made up with brawn and killed his attackers, impressed the leader of the bandits recruited him into their gang.

Jones is originally a Halton noble, but was banished for trying to sneak into the Queen/Empress's bedroom with.... well perverted intentions. Under normal circumstances he may have been executed, but the empire was more concerned with the impedeing army of demons at the time. Leaving Halton he wandered around as a mercenary occassionally abducting village girls who are never heard from again. He doesn't care about men, to the extent where they are pretty much nonexistant to him, and has been beaten up for flirting with a woman while her husband was standing right next to her. He believes that "the world is rotten" and that he himself is the key to a new age. An age where he believes he will be sitting on the throne. He has convinced Dalton that he is the future king and despite Daltons fear of black magic (shaman magic) has Dalton following his every whim. Jones is also a master of herbs and poisons.

Edited by Nadesico

I come bearing both stats and approvals!

Arcturus: Approved.

Dalton: Approved!

Now, these bandits will be divided up in to three primary groups. Those in group C will be using the wave two bandit stats. The rest are as follows.

Group A: The bandit leader group.

Tough Bandit X 5

HP: 7 , STR 3, SKL: 5 SPD: 1, LCK: 5. DEF: 2 RES: 1

Effective stats: HP: 21, STR: 3 SKL: 5 EVA: 4 DEF: 2 RES 1

Skills: Salve. When the bandit drops below 50% health (11) he will auto-use a potion unless instantly killed (ergo, you can bring him from 12+ to 0 in one swoop).

Weapons: Iron Axe

Items: Bandit Vulnerary. Is this... What the hell is in this stuff?! Heals 5 HP. (2 uses). Can not be used by PC's.

B-Axe Thrower X2

HP: 3, STR 2, SKL: 3 SPD: 1, LCK: 5. DEF: 2 RES: 1

Effective stats: HP: 9, STR: 2 SKL: 3 EVA: 4 DEF: 2 RES 1

Skills: Support: If any allied unit counter attacks, a B-Axe thrower can launch their own counter attack as well. Unable to critical.

Back Row: B-Axe thrower can not be targeted for any attack unless either all non-unique characters in the group are dead, or a PC has killed two allied units (at which point they may target 1 B-axe thrower)

Weapons: Manly throwing axe!

Items: Bandit Vulnerary. Is this... What the hell is in this stuff?! Heals 5 HP. (2 uses). Can not be used by PC's.

Reika X 1

Stats: HP:3 STR:4 MAG:0 SKL:3 SPD:4 LCK:4 DEF:2 RES:0

Simplified Stats:

HP:9 STR:3 HIT: 3 EVD:9 DEF/RES: 3/0

Skills: None

(-1Atk added in, +1Spd added)

Weapons: Bronze Dagger

Calamity (Crimson Weapon: Black hilted Twin daggers which are said to bring misfortune to their enemy and wielder alike.)

Gold: 10

Items:

Vulnerary 3

Vulnerary 3

No. She's not a NPC. Just felt it fitting for her to be here.

Bandit Chief X 1

HP: 10 , STR 3, SKL: 5 SPD: 1, LCK: 5. DEF: 3 RES: 1

Effective stats: HP: 30, STR: 3 SKL: 5 EVA: 4 DEF: 3 RES 1

Skills: Salve. When the bandit drops below 50% health (15) he will auto-use a potion unless instantly killed (ergo, you can bring him from 12+ to 0 in one swoop).

Head Chief: So long as one member of Bandit group A is undefeated beside the Bandit Chief, Bandit Chief's attacks bypass the hit roll (in other words, they auto-hit).

Bandit Vulnerary. Is this... What the hell is in this stuff?! Heals 5 HP. (2 uses). Can not be used by PC's.

Bandit Vulnerary. Is this... What the hell is in this stuff?! Heals 5 HP. (2 uses). Can not be used by PC's.

In the event the Head Chief dies, all bandits in group A will instantly flee.

Group B Bandits.

Tough Bandit X 3

HP: 7 , STR 3, SKL: 5 SPD: 1, LCK: 5. DEF: 2 RES: 1

Effective stats: HP: 21, STR: 3 SKL: 5 EVA: 4 DEF: 2 RES 1

Skills: Salve. When the bandit drops below 50% health (11) he will auto-use a potion unless instantly killed (ergo, you can bring him from 12+ to 0 in one swoop).

Items: Bandit Vulnerary. Is this... What the hell is in this stuff?! Heals 5 HP. (1 uses). Can not be used by PC's.

B-Axe Thrower X1

HP: 3, STR 2, SKL: 3 SPD: 1, LCK: 5. DEF: 2 RES: 1

Effective stats: HP: 9, STR: 2 SKL: 3 EVA: 4 DEF: 2 RES 1

Skills: Support: If any allied unit counter attacks, a B-Axe thrower can launch their own counter attack as well. Unable to critical.

Back Row: B-Axe thrower can not be targeted for any attack unless either all non-unique characters in the group are dead, or a PC has killed two allied units (at which point they may target 1 B-axe thrower)

Weapons: Manly throwing axe!

Items: Bandit Vulnerary. Is this... What the hell is in this stuff?! Heals 5 HP. (1 uses). Can not be used by PC's.

Wave C bandits in the event they get fought.

Wave two bandits X3

HP: 6 , STR 3, SKL: 5 SPD: 1, LCK: 5. DEF: 2 RES: 1

Effective stats: HP: 18, STR: 3 SKL: 5 EVA: 4 DEF: 2 RES 1

Skills: none

Reika....

Isnt that Nadesico's character?

Anyways

Name: Ian

Appearance: Around 5'12". He has short red hair and wears a dark coat and brown pants.

Personality: Very arrogant and cocky. His image is a very arrogant and cocky person. Although deep inside he is caring and has heart, he finds it better to hide it.

Class: Mercenary

Crimson weapon: No

Stats: HP: 3 STR: 3 MAG:0 SKL: 3 SPD: 3 Luck: 1 DEF/RES: 2/2

Skill: Slayer

Simplified stats: HP: 9 STR: 3 HIT: 3 EVADE: 4 DEF/RES: 2/2

Weapons: Ian sword cast Elthunder. Killing edge

Items: Elixir/ 10 gold

Backstory: Ian was always alone. He didnt have anyone and the people in the orphanage were mean to him. One day a soldier attacked him but Helios's father saved him. Ian went into a dark depression. After a while people around him started to worry for him. For their sake he forced a smile on his face and acted as arrogant as he could. He hides the pain inside knowing one day it is going to have to come out. He is Maria's best friend. He looks up to Helios

Hmm, I'm not sure what the maximum number of characters are but I'd say anymore then three is ridiculous (Characters that have stats) I'm not sure if you(Kai) having three characters is a good idea since Helios is pretty much a nobody, and Mark (still being new) has been used so little that he might as well be a random villager. I know I was the one to make a third character first, but if you hadn't guessed, they're goons, or character I couldn't care much about. And if I'm to side with the enemy then I wanted some NPC's I could control without having to worry about asking Snowy each time.

I think you should work on developing your characters a bit more, cause at the moment the old man that kicked everyone out of the Darian has as much character as Helios and Mark combined. But it's up to Snowy what he'll allow, I didn't get the thumbs up for Jones either :?

More characters aren't exactly good... what I mean to say is that a whole pool of nobodies is more of an irritation then a benefit. Personally I'd think two characters each, and an exception for a third if necessary, up to Snowy though :/

Edited by Nadesico

Yeah, I'm going to take one of the crimson weapons for a second character.

Can't post the character now cause I'm WAY too busy right now. Posting, working on Esphyr, need a sprite for the character, etc. Maybe tomorrow. But if there's at least one crimson weapon left, I need it! :D

Pretty sure the Fire and Thunder tomes are still free, and the axe as well.

Arcturus Mengsk? Starcraft fan? XD You don't need to get Snowy's persmission for something like that yet, just change your application to say Mengsk instead. (Edit) It'd be a different story if your character had appeared in the RP already, but since it hasn't (Pretty sure, cba looking) just change it and jump in.

Also, I really like how everyone just popped up in the RP, I didn't know Irina had followed them to camp, and the fact Helios and Mark can find it so easily makes me wonder what sort of place you guys set up camp. I was kind of hoping that Helios/Mark would join up with Rayton and take on Group B, but I guess you people aren't thinking any further then a full frontal charge. Honestly, if I controlled the battles in this game I'd penalise your stats after the second wave on the grounds that you're confused. Though I anticipated something like this to happen, and have a plan for this scenario as well, :) Looking forward to how this develops.

Ether died?

Name: Isotov

Appearance: Isotov.gif

Personality: Isotov is extremely calm and detached. He only reacts to spoken words. He can't help but smile in the presence of people he cares for.

Class: Mage (Fire Mage specifically if PoR and RD classes are allowed :D )

Crimson weapon?: Yes

Stats: HP: 3 STR: 1 MAG: 4 SKL: 3 SPD: 3 Luck: 1 Def: 1 Res: 4

Simplified stats: HP: 9, Damage: 3 , Hit: 3, Evade: 5(6 with luck bonus), Defense: 1, Resistence: 4

Weapons: Normal Fire Tome, Proxima, the crimson fire tome. The book itself is warm to the touch. Its aura has bled into the pages, and some of the words glow like lanterns. Whenever it's used, the wielder is in cased in an utter inferno that cooks the ground and fries anything that gets too close.

Items/gold: 0 Gold

Backstory: Isotov was born two years after the Lord of Azure Flame was sealed away. His father was a powerful Wyvern Lord, and his mother was a beautiful Sage. Both of them were in the army that fought to seal away the dark lord. Both died shortly after his sister Irina was born.

Read this only if you're curious :D

Both of Isotov's parents were killed defending their home. The attackers were called "demons" at the time of the incident. They were trying to kill Isotov before he was old enough to harness Proxima's power. Isotov was injured but survived. He left the mercenary army at a very young age to protect what was left of his family. The ones that were after him died in the attack, but he couldn't lose his Uncle and sister as well, so he left.

Now Isotov is a wandering mage. He often takes work wherever he can find it, though he is not a mercenary. The jobs he takes usually involve the translation of old texts, librarian tasks, and on rare occasion, jobs involving his magic skills. Most of the time he goes without food or drink, and because of that he has developed a few odd illnesses... long term memory loss among them.

Isotov still blames Proxima for the loss of his parents, for many reasons. Had the tome heeded his call at a younger age, maybe things would have turned out differently. He also feels that the tome is cursed. "The fires never go out." He only uses the "eerie thing" when his life depends on it.

Isotov is very mellow, too much so for an ordinary person. Most of the time he isn't even aware of what's going on around him. This is partly to blame on his illnesses that are affecting his health. He should be in a hospital, but Proxima is bound to him and as such is sustaining his stamina and overall health.

Isotov: I can't read the spoiler for whatever reason, but everything else seems to be in order.

The spoiler tells specifically how and presumably why his parents die.

Just kill the leader (well actually has to Esphyr/Rayton/Irina) . I knocked him down to 7 HP because I got lucky and double critted, and all the group A bandits will run if he goes down. It wouldn't eliminate Reika/Dalton/Jones though, so that group might still have to deal with them.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Rewards for last battle:

Morgan: EXP: 4

Helios: EXP: 6

Michael: EXP: 1

Irina: EXP: 7

Daiman: EXP: 12

Aiya: EXP: 6

All people who partook (as in, were fielded. Not necessarily killed) earn 7 gold. 8 for Reika since I'm almost positive her hands would have been in someone's pockets at some point during the fighting.

I had two ideas for items and wanted to see if they would be approved.

Elixir: Heals full HP - 30g

Dark Rune: Inflict three points of HP damage upon yourself in order to boost your ATK by 2 for three turns. - 20g

So, Ether tried to convince me to join the RP here. I'm tempted, and have started throwing together some preliminary details, as well as skimming through the threads so far. I'm not entirely sure how active can be, or for how long term this is going to be, though as I've read more, I'm started to get fairly interested. Here's my current thoughts. (Obviously still very much a work in progress, may or may not actually get used.)

Name: Tessa

Appearance: Still working out details.

Personality: Sheltered and slightly clueless.

Element: Thunder

Class: (FE4/5) Troubadour

Crimson weapon?: No

TessaNoMug.png

[spoiler=Stats/etc]

Stats:

Spent points

HP: 3

Str: 1

Mag: 3

Skill: 1

Speed: 4

Luck: 4

Def: 2

Res: 2

Total Spent: 20

Derived stats:

HP: 9

Damage: +1, WT Swords

Hit: +1, WT Swords

Evade: 8

Save: 2

Effective Def: 3

Effective Res: 3

Weapons:

Iron Sword

Heal Staff

Items/gold:

Vulnerary

Smelling Salts

Backstory: Tessa was born into a poor family. Though they loved her dearly, in the summer of her fourth year, a disastrous drought left them with no choice but to choose between sending her off to a monastery or letting her starve death in the coming winter. Life in the monastery was not bad for her, she took to the prayers and studies well, becoming somewhat of an accomplished scribe, copying old manuscripts for the monks with her clean, neat lettering. With the abbot's permission she was taught the healing arts as well.

A couple years back, a seasoned cavalier had shown up at the monastery. Weary of killing, and a life of battle, he wanted to put it all behind him and become a monk. He was welcomed to the ranks of the novices. Tessa was quite fascinated by him, and begged him to regale her with tales of action, and chivarly, and would occasionally pester him to teach her swordplay. She was never very good at it, but slowly began to understand some of the fundamentals.

The monastery was just recently attacked by demons. The seasoned cavalier had put Tessa on the back of his old warhorse, and sent her off, to safety he hoped, with nothing but an old sword, her staff, and a few potions he'd tucked away in the saddlebags. Tessa had tearfully watched as the only home she could really remember, and her surrogate father figure faded in the distance, trying in vain to turn the horse around, but it obeyed the former knight's orders firmly. She hopes and prays in her heart that they pulled through it safely.