• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Here's a list of Morgan's 'support options", in tier list format!

Quite possible (fair number of interactions)

Esphyr

Tessa

Chase

Possible (some interactions)

Katie

Damian

Neutral--not many interactions yet

Aiya

Kamilla

Irina

Arrin

Unlikely-- almost no interactions

Mark

Eric

Negative-- almost all interactions highly negative

Kelas

Isotov

Helios

Stab happy little bitch

Reika

Edited by -Cynthia-

I have no real problem with her using a knife in combat. Well... Rather I dislike it and would rather that she not. Or if she must, she still fight as if she were using her bow statistically and use the knife instead RP wise.

Anyways, I would rather not post a list for my characters and, instead, get down to actually posting and seeing which characters work together.

Uh ... the Phoenix is heading out to California some time tomorrow early morning ... ... he does not expect to have access to a computer for the most part. He will definitely be available for rp arguments late Sunday though ... ... ... just a heads up :unsure:

(Speaking in the third person is kinda fun :D )

(Is it possible to speak in the second person? :unsure: )

... I'm a he but the last part is pretty much what I meant.

Oh, wow, then I guess we all just experienced a massive failure to communicate on that note. Sorry for my part in that, but this was sort of exactly what I meant by using it as flavor. Knives statistically operate entirely differently than Bows, so I thought you were trying to weasel in some sort of 'best of both worlds' type of thing, and was perhaps a little blunt with you.

... I don't think you can speak second person, but it'd be fun to try. Maybe you could refer to yourself as me?

^ I was thinking more of using a knife for Adept or something. After shooting an arrow run up to the guy and stab him. Sounded cool.

Edited by Lightning

Oh how cheap

How about all of the magic users start using weapons?

Yeah we should just head to the nearest armory and equip ourself with any weapon :facepalm:

EDIT: I just updated Helios's and Marks stat sheets

Its in the spoiler tag in my sig

Edited by Kai-Sama

... Dude, it's not cheap, it's more of the fact that if Chase didn't want to take more than a few seconds (and that's a lot of time when fighting) shooting two arrows he'd use something else for a skill that involves two attacks strung together very quickly. Don't be an idiot about it.

Its the same as saying that Helios is a noble and since he hunts he can use a bow

I guess i am a bit disappointed with Snowy's decision but i guess i can live with it

No, it's absolutely nothing like that. Would it make any more sense if he threw the knife, then?

Besides, there's no class that uses bows and knives, which was my original idea, so instead this was how I wanted to make something close.

Maybe after Chase has promoted, then instead of making him a Sniper we could give him the knife option?

I agree with it sounding cool, and in terms of RP'ing, I doubt anyone has a problem (Kelas (Nomad) has knives too).

And to add flavor to your RP battle description you could use the daggers.

I don't see why not, as long as Chase can't counter, then it really makes no difference what weapon he's using (No CW, no weapon triangle effect)

Summary:

As long as Chase can't counter anyone with his daggers I don't see an issue.

Stat calc will ignore he has daggers though

Oh how cheap

How about all of the magic users start using weapons?

Yeah we should just head to the nearest armory and equip ourself with any weapon :facepalm:

I don't really see why mages can't use knives either. Of course they probably won't be very effective.

Its the same as saying that Helios is a noble and since he hunts he can use a bow

I guess i am a bit disappointed with Snowy's decision but i guess i can live with it

If it were any other type of weapon, I could completely agree, or if he was trying to argue his Archer could use magic, I'd be 100% behind you guys. But knives are one of the quintessential untrained and improvised weapons, they're used more often than not as tools than anything else, and if he wants to occasionally mix things up for a little flavor in the text of the combat description, I'd consider it similar to if one of our heavy fighters decided to attack with a fallen tree branch, or a bar stool, but still use the stats for their sword to calculate to hit chance or whatever. Also, I'd be arguing against this if statistically in the RP bows were locked to range, which is obviously incompatible with knife fighting.

For mages using physical weaponry that tends to get a little harder to argue, as the statistics couldn't be kept the same due to Def/Res separation, and it would be kind of bizarre, as the mage using a flavor knife but operating statistically as if it were magic might lead to crazily overly effective attacks, which would go against the common expectation of unskilled usage.

This is all just sort of an off-topic ramble though, really.

There is no outright overt reason why I do not desire mages to have daggers. After all, Katie whacks people with her tome. However, knives... have never felt like the true mage weapon; even in their own class. That is why I didn't allow it.

I'm really confused over what you people are trying to say :/

1: I think we all agree that he can use his knife in the RP section of the game

2: He can use it during the Rping of his battles

What I think Kai is getting at is Countering.

And to be honest I don't really see what counters are, We don't counter the enemy anyway do we?

..... So what's the issue?

@Snowy, it'd help if you gave some sort of indication as to where we're going next, are we going to march on to the absurdly close Capitol, or are we going to stop at some town/village/city/palace?

Edited by Nadesico

:facepalm: Forgot about that

Then your at a disadvantage since your going to get countered, Rein

And let me contradict myself a bit

Mages have magic and weapons need strength

Crap >_< Did I just solve an argument? <_<

Phoenix get in here! I need to flame someone to relieve the stress I just accumulated for doing a good deed.

Need to keep the amount of good and evil in the world, balanced, you know?