Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

Oh snap! I'm getting close :blink:

I wouldn't mind it so much if Iso's reasons for associating with certain people weren't entirely arbitrary. How did he even determine 'friends and foes'? Unpleasant people were labeled automatically, neutrals were going to stay that way. Honestly, Katie was something I wanted to test to see Snowy's reaction. Since he wasn't poisoned or anything by the sandwiches, he figured that Katie had generally kindness toward the whole group. That was his opening to ... assimilate (weird word :/ ). Let's put it this way, if they were Tessa's sandwiches, things would've gone similarly overall.

It's not as if Kelas and Katie were particularly inviting or anything. How are they friends, but Isotov can never be friends with Arrin, or Mark, or any number of people he never interacted with? I can see him not wanting to talk to Morgan or some other characters who were unpleasant towards him, but more than those 3 people have been nice/neutral towards him. All I can say is that Iso's not much for running up and saying hi. Irina's his sister, Kelas didn't exactly pull him in with a magnet or anything, and Katie made food before anyone else did. That's about it :lol:

It's as if you picked 2 names out of a hat (and Irina, which was planned from the start) and decided Isotov would form emotional bonds with them. I guess it isn't *wrong* persay, but it comes off as very forced and unnatural. Perhaps it's part of you making lots of plans and thus being unable to go with the flow. Oh I can go with the flow ... otherwise Kamilla would be dead, several towns would still be there, and Lev would have Irina wrapped around his finger.

Isotov both has uninhibited emotions, yet isn't aware of them? That seems contradictory to me. Literal example? The two go hand in hand. If you aren't aware of something ... then as a whole you can't truly control it.

@ Lightning

Not important but Ixion's theme song would be Sacred Dark from the Tekken 6 album.

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

The Isotov/Kelas interaction was really more of my doing at the beginning; she's checked on Isotov to see if he's okay a few times, and is a demonstrated source of food. (Come to think of it, both Katie and Kelas are demonstrated sources of food.)

It is kind of shaky, though, on my end as well (that is, I've realized it's a little lacking in sense from Kelas' perspective too.) I should work on that.

I'm just not liking that the "first impression" (some of which are, she has food) determines all possible future interactions. It's not the way an actual person would behave.

Considering the number of friends Isotov has supposedly had in the past, he must have some sort of protocol for meeting new people, rather than just avoiding them because they aren't made of food.

Edited by -Cynthia-

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach? I never fully believed that quote :/

EDIT:

@ Bal

Yeah that's how brief the encounters were.

Edited by Phoenix

I hate my net being down for several hours like that. Anyways, Esphyr's ORIGINAL theme... I would rather not share as she's progressed beyond it. Give me a bit and I will find a new one though.

@ Cynthia

You didn't quite specify that those mage people were in contact with the group. I'm confused :/

The trio arrived in the field where the battle had taken place earlier.

Hello everyone.

I guess Damian is supposed to see the mage trio right about now?

Damian was in the woods somewhere near the fort, last I knew. It was waiting to happen.

@ Lightning

Change Admiral to Lieutenant Colonel, quick! Admiral is a fleet position that's technically equal or higher than general! Nady'll tear you apart for that! >_<

@ Lightning

Change Admiral to Lieutenant Colonel, quick! Admiral is a fleet position that's technically equal or higher than general! Nady'll tear you apart for that! >_<

Is it really? I dunno army ranks, I wouldn't know.

Fixed though.

Is it really? I dunno army ranks, I wouldn't know.

Fixed though.

Common rank order (Army):

Private

Corporal

Sergeant

Warrant Officer (Don't much care for this one)

Lieutenant

Captain

Lieutenant Colonel

Colonel

General

This is basic and doesn't include that Private E1 thing, or the whole Lieutenant General thing. Lieutenant Colonel is in FMA so I'm adding that regardless :P

This calls for... MOAR USEFUL NOTES

Yes let's :)

@ Snowy

Katie's theme: Cool

Helenos' theme: Spooky for some reason

Edited by Phoenix

Yeah, we should probably stick with a simplified rank system. (lol lol i learned ranks from FMA as well XD)

also arg blarg we are moving now.

also also, I need to come up with a character that's sufficiently crazy that they have something by Amanda Palmer as a theme song.

Edited by Darth Lacuna