Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

^Disagreeing with no stat/skill boosters

Well I'll agree with not having them FE style. But I wouldn't mind seeing something (consumable) which would increase your stats for a single battle (The duration of enemy encounter -> all enemies gone) a simple example being something like a berserk potion (not necessarily under that name) which would increase Mag/Str by 2 temporarily.

Regarding vulneraries, I know we've been giving them out to others in plot, but can we use a vulnerary on another person? Under normal circumstances it makes healers obsolete, but Tessa's always got more people who need healing then she needs. And I'm guessing some people don't enjoy skipping their attack phase (no exp) just for the sake of healing their own characters, only to have the enemy deal more damage then they healed on the next turn.

Not too sure about this one, but I'd prefer it over employing another healer into the group.

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

@ Items

Opinions on Kai's added item "Grace something" that gives extra points for level ups?

@ Kiryn

You jacked the timeskipping controls from me! That's not very nice :sob:

@ Cuddles

Seconded. Another healer is another girl to be sexually sought after by Damian, and Lev upon his next visit.

Edited by Phoenix

I should rephrase that. Permanent stat boosters. Temps are alright, IMO. The using vulneraries on other people idea is a good idea. Maybe give a little EXP for that?

@Psych: No, she's a Time Lord.

Edited by Snike

Using vulneraries to heal others in combat is inefficient compared to a healer though, and I'm not seeing many people skipping attacks just to heal others.

Plus for after combat healing, we'd basically have to pretend the vulneraries came in infinite stacks.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I make item

Grace ring

Ability: Grants one more stat point during a level up

Uses: Once

Gold: 50

Another one

STR Ring (No not the one from FE titles)

Ability: (Stolen from Nady) +2 STR.

Counter effect: (I have two) 1: -1hp for each battle engaged 2: -2 speed

Uses: Lasts one whole battle

Gold: 20? 50? IDK :/

@Boosters

No negative effects if they're one battle only, IMO.

@Vulns

I have one at 1/3, and one at 2/3, IIRC.

@Level-Up Stat boosters

Not sure what you mean but if you gain extra stats at levelup for having one, I'd rather not see it implemented There's no point, (other then making your characters stronger), isn't fair to those who have already leveled. And doesn't make much sense to me.

@Vulnerary/Statboosters

I agree that it wouldn't be very popular, but that can be remedied by giving out 5 exp though can't it? (negative effect being it actually subtracts from gold too)

Errr Kai's version, I'm going to say it's better to decrease Def or skill. Subtracting from HP seems too similar to a CW (It's better actually due to 2+) and subtracting spd not only doesn't make sense but there's no point in getting extra Str if you can no longer double.

I was just thinking something which didn't have any negative effects to solve the issue of them not being very frequently used. (Maybe Vulnerary cost X2 or X3.

@After battle issues

I'm kind of inclined to just give everyone plot vulns for that for those who actually need it (low Health) and have Tessa only attend to the fallen (0HP) and anyone else she wants to heal Friendship/plot/support reasons.

@Kai, Better to discuss it here then create a qiuck-dead thread, and then posting it in "Useful Notes"

We're the only ones using this subforum, but this is an RP subforum, not a LoAF subforum. And I don't want to see it cluttered with pointless threads.

Edited by Kanami

Promotion weapons...... Errr, I know it was stated, but was it really necessary? I'm going to have more then a hissy fit if I find Damian or someone else carrying a lance/axe and spear on them as they travel around. And mages carrying around varying tomes is a bit of a stretch too.

Promotion weapons...... Errr, I know it was stated, but was it really necessary? I'm going to have more then a hissy fit if I find Damian or someone else carrying a lance/axe and spear on them as they travel around. And mages carrying around varying tomes is a bit of a stretch too.

We already have Mark with Lances and Swords, though... what happened to him anyways? Did Kai put him on a bus or something?

@Level-Up Stat boosters

Not sure what you mean but if you gain extra stats at levelup for having one, I'd rather not see it implemented There's no point, (other then making your characters stronger), isn't fair to those who have already leveled. And doesn't make much sense to me.

Well not extra. Just one more statpoint. Think of it as an afa drop.

Errr Kai's version, I'm going to say it's better to decrease Def or skill. Subtracting from HP seems too similar to a CW (It's better actually due to 2+) and subtracting spd not only doesn't make sense but there's no point in getting extra Str if you can no longer double.

There are different rings and different affects. Logically if you have a lot of strength, you lose speed. If you have speed you lose strength ect. That is how i plan on it working. I wasnt going to make a new thread FYI. I was going to post it in the useful info topic

@ Rein: He died along with Ian :mellow:

Edited by Kai-Sama

If the mages/shamans don't get staves post-promotion, then a second staffer is even more necessary.

Even with 5 exp for vulns, people aren't going to choose it because a. it's boring b. you can get the same or more by attacking/killing.

I kind of like the mono weapon thing going on due to fairness.

Edited by -Cynthia-

No, you shouldn't lose stats. They're expansive as it is, and you shouldn't have to face another negative effect.

Also, the grace ring is a bad idea. It's basically the equivalent of a permanent statbooster.

Edited by Lightning

We are going to get more gold after a while

Ever heard of Newtons third law, every action has a reaction?

Same applies

@ Phoenix: In all seriousness, Megan Fox to me :mellow:

Edited by Kai-Sama