• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

@ Phoenix: If you want Viveka recruited so badly, either mindwipe her, make Elysimia more corrupt, get her into a tight spot, or have demons show up en masse, so that the CWs are believed.

A) Broad statement. Veteran RPers, perhaps?

Edited by Snike

@Nady A lot of those things are assumptions. For example, Lyn and Dorcas never discuss giving him money IIRC (she probably doesn't have much anyway, she was a nomad living alone with no job), so he's basically just leaving his crippled wife for no pay just so he can help Lyn on her fantastic adventure to see Grandpa.

@Phoenix Well, excuuuuse me for not supporting you having another dumb chick that flies. I foresee more monologues in the future.

With that in mind, I haven't actually done anything to prevent Viveka from joining the group. It's a lot of other people who made the soldiers hostile, though IIRC you made Viveka after the group started conflicting with Elysisman soldiers, which was a bad idea if you ever wanted her recruited. Perhaps you had some sort of plan, but it apparently failed.

I prefer to keep at least some plausibility to the RP, so try to find some method of logical recruitment. Yes, the list of reasons to join are not especially large, but that's the case for most groups, try to find a way. Making characters that are initially hostile to group members with no other motivations is a sure way to fail.

Edited by -Cynthia-

@Phoenix Well, excuuuuse me for not supporting you having another dumb chick that flies. I foresee more monologues in the future.

With that in mind, I haven't actually done anything to prevent Viveka from joining the group. It's a lot of other people who made the soldiers hostile, though IIRC you made Viveka after the group started conflicting with Elysisman soldiers, which was a bad idea if you ever wanted her recruited. Perhaps you had some sort of plan, but it apparently failed.

I prefer to keep at least some plausibility to the RP, so try to find some method of logical recruitment. Yes, the list of reasons to join are not especially large, but that's the case for most groups, try to find a way. Making characters that are initially hostile to group members with no other motivations is a sure way to fail.

@ Bold

I lol'd so fast XD

On that note, I am going to monologue you soooo hard, Cynthia. Just you wait >:)

:facepalm:

They have ulterior motives. Conrad's is a big one. He wants his estate to surpass being just that: an estate. Like most people, Conrad wants to move up in the world. He has a lot more resources to do so, however, and thus he has bigger goals: a city-state, and maybe after that a nation. Now, if he were to help defeat the LoAF, that would be a pretty big deal for him, and he'd gain a lot of attention/ publicity.

Edited by Lightning

@ Chase nomad stats

I just remembered. Chase can use the packhorse Francis :)

@ Mesh

Cynthia I warned you that if you didn't retract that statement that I would think up another encounter and I have. Prepare to be bogged down in monologue hell muhahahahaaaaah!

@ Stuff

XD

EDIT:

@ Katie leaving

Well she is an NPC so it does make sense, though I'd rather see how this plays out and not assume the worst just yet(though this rp is full of tragic events)

Edited by Phoenix

"That's My role" should most likely be considered to be Helenos's thoughts, or Helenos saying it out aloud somwhere else in the world, if she's mind controlling some woman from a distance.

I'd think the former considering it's in italics

@Kai/Phoenix

Where's this "long monologue" you two are talking about? I can only find Iri/Iso not wanting Katie to leave, and since Katie isn't a Phoenix NPC, it's not a monologue and it's not really long. So Nady is confused.

Edited by Kanami

@ Phoenix

Where's this "long monologue" you two are talking about? I can only find Iri/Iso not wanting Katie to leave, and since Katie isn't a Phoenix NPC, it's not a monologue and it's not really long. So Nady is confused.

I'll tell you about it over pm so Kai can't butt in.

As much as I'm not a fan of the monologues, I should probably stop complaining about them because some of the dialogues are worse.

Edited by -Cynthia-

As much as I'm not a fan of the monologues, I should probably stop complaining about them because some of the dialogues are worse.

Yes you should stop because it's only motivating my bad behavior :hat:

Still the punishment stands and monologues are imminent. Would it help if I added more wit and less plot to them, Cynthia? :mellow:

Still the punishment stands and monologues are imminent. Would it help if I added more wit and less plot to them, Cynthia? :mellow:

It's more the premise that you're choosing to talk to yourself rather than interact with anyone else. I'm generally satisfied with the content.