Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

Lol didn't Snowy say something about Elyisima and the partying and the drunkenness and the everyone is high if they can afford it?

At any rate it was established that Helios's got a fair chunk of coin in his pack, which must be heavy, but isn't too unbelievable. (Especially factoring in different denominations of coin, etc...) Not to say he can't run out, he's just got a sight more than the rest of us to begin with. (Given it seems like he keeps running into random retainers when nobody's looking, that could also be refilling it a bit.)

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Nyeh, I'm not saying he can't have money, simply that it might not be plausible both in terms of plot and character suspicion, if he keeps flaunting his financial wealth. As for retainers refilling, I find it unlikely (Not Ian and Mark) anyway since they aren't nobles themselves, and most likely not working under the Tora(?)n nation anymore, but rather as direct subordinates of Helios.

Irina found a way around it, sorta, but I was worried you wouldn't say something like "Hey, screw the rules, I got money" and paying for the damages and moving on, spending a fortune on whatever came next. (Considering the price of things, 850 gold is a small fortune IMO) though I'm not sure what the currency rate in this RP is.

(If we go with FE gold then it's nothing, but considering the price of Vuln's and other expenses, I'm assuming it's significantly cheaper)

*Loves ranting*

@ Snowy and Nady

How about we match the gold system to the Dollar/Euro system? That would make things much easier to consider. 50 Gold=$50.00?

It would make things much easier, and so far expenses seem to come close. With on foot traveling, Kai's 800+ Gold=$800.00+ actually seems reasonable(as a small fortune, or travel fund)

Just an idea.

Sure. Why not? I didn't have any direct plans to link it to any real-world currency, but there shouldn't be a problem.

And yea, it's the party/magic nation overall. Once we got to the capitol, I actually planned on having

a roach ask Kelas to get out of his way since she doesn't seem wealthy enough

Re Irina's gold: Well, it helps she's got a beast about double the size of a horse, though gold's heavy and might make flying bad.

In other news regarding the carrying of gold: Oi, packhorse, and if we stop in a town for more than an hour during the daytime without catching fire Kelas can actually get a proper packsaddle for it. (If we don't keep having to put people on it, anyway.)

Edited by Darth Lacuna

@Gold System

I considered that as well, but it's like carrying 800 or 2000 1 dollar gold coins around, >_< It matches the economy, but they don't have paper money I think. So it's not exactly a bit of cash, "Helios would be carrying around a bulging sack, which is likely to get stolen in the current city.

How is Irina going to carry 2000 gold?

The coin system works. 2,000 gold could be in 2,000 coins, or 100 coins each being valued at 20 gold a piece. Though that's more of like our system in some bad ways too :sweatdrop:

That aside, the money is probably going straight to Kamilla, who could have it sent back to the innkeeper for repairs or something to that effect.

I dont know how to turn this into a transparent Gif

Hector-2.png

It involves setting an alpha channel, or something similar. May depend on the program. Also, I hope transparent png works too.

hector3.png

I mean, I was working on his backstory, but he's got everything else done, so I was thinking that I should wait until I have the backstory done to post him.

Also, can I have permission for a prf bow?

@Birdy: I'm a part-time live-in waitress, not the bloody innkeeps daughter, I don't have their postal address, and I'm not exactly willing to go back and split from the group again (unless of course you want to go through another one of Nadesico's joining events? XD) The only reason she's following you at the moment is because

1: She doesn't have anywhere to go

2: Can't afford to go anywhere else

3: Is still too shocked to be thinking straight, otherwise she wouldn't be travelling with crazy arsonist Iso :P

But I'm up for taking the money back if you want me to, just keep in mind, I have my own "plans" XD

A 20 dollar coin seems to be stretching it though, maybe 200, 10 dollar coins?

Now that I think of it, this system might actually work well

"Set down a few gold coins" doesn't need to be 2~20 gold, but multiples of 10 instead....

Nyeh

Edited by Nadesico

@Phoenix:That could work

I use paint

I dont see any alpha channel

Just hope the economy doesn't tank :awesome:

I use both paint and Photoplus. Photoplus doesn't rely on the alpha channel setting, either that, or it's automatically set. Since that program focuses on layers, all you have to do to make a transparent image is delete the background with the selection tool. It's preposterously easy. in fact, if you guys need transparent stuff done, just drop me a line. I can do it and have it uploaded in three minutes tops B)

@ Nady

I'll let you decide how the inn gets the money :P

Edited by Phoenix

Weapons don't really matter much from my understanding, I mean they don't break or add any stats so a Killer bow, isn't really any different from an Iron one. (I have a Prf weapon too) but it's mainly due to my customed character and Kamilla's fondness of her tome.

Either way, Snowy hasn't said "No" before, don't see why he'd say no this time, Unless he hates you! XD

I dont see why not since Irina has one

It just cant have any ability's........ i think

Yeah, the Merc Javelin is basically a heavier javelin with a higher damage output, and lower hit rate, or at least it would be if things like that were considered in the battle system :P

EDIT: GUYS!!! I just figured out a system for applying high critical rates! And it's not cheap either!

Okay listen ... read >_<

Normally, to get a critical, the third dice number has to match the second, right? Well what if it doesn't? No critical hit. Simple. But now with my crit bonus, added, it would look like this.

Rolls 6,5,4

The second and third don't match, so no critical.

Critical bonus: Round critical dice up or down one number, which ever is closer.

So now the roll turns into

Rolled 6,5,5 :)

Critical hit!

A miss version of this is

Rolls 6,5,2

Even with a crit bonus, only get

Rolled 6,5,3 :(

No critical hit.

Basically the increase or decrease by one number can up a killer weapon's frequency of scoring critical hits WITHOUT cheapifying the game, and no I don't fudge rolls ... EVER so this is perfect ... for killer weapon enthusiasts at least. Whaddya think? :)

Edited by Phoenix

I doesn't work

Do i need to save it as something?

I recommend saving all transparent pics as gifs, but pngs work too. They're huge files with loads of detail but gifs work better for general purposes.

Once again, do not, DO NOT, convert from any format to gif if you're using MS Paint, start off as a gif, or convert it in another program.

What are you trying to do with that sprite again? Is that Mark?