• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

3 brothers say hi.

So do the fail!armors in Fuuin.

Also, I just went back to some of the chat I missed between when I went to sleep and when I woke up. I did miss on bit which I though interesting enough to comment on (warning: long and likely boring ramble ahead):

Problem with Morgan is you're constantly treading on thin ice. If you're not talking business, there's a good chance you're wasting time, if you disagree with her you're likely just to get a lecture or argument (unless phrased very delicately). Bal somehow manages to handle this correctly, which is why Morgan actually talks to Tessa (Tessa also never does dumb stuff).

It's true, that you have to tread carefully, but that's part of the thrill, in my opinion. You can take a few risks, but not too many. Our first conversation(s) probably bordered on the 'wasting' time bit, but at the time Tessa was still unknown enough that Morgan was willing to tolerate it to satisfy her curiousity.

After the initial hook, there is a fair bit of biding your time for when you can sneak in next bit or two, and yes, the fact that you can't just go up to her whenever does mean that development will proceed a bit slower than interactions between other characters (cf. waiting for the right time to broach the Kamilla mind-wipe issue until presented with the delightful dog calming spell opportunity. Because, let's face it, I'm sure bothering her about that issue without a decent segue would be dangerous and just asking for chastisement if not handled properly. I knew it, Tessa knew it.)

So you just have to follow along, watching for a trail of bread crumbs, and strike when the time is right. The nature of the relationship attempting to be cultivated is actually somewhat conducive to this, as Tessa wants to make herself useful and get praised, so this helps lend well towards the general theme of "not doing dumb stuff". I fully expect to fit in a few more moments of "dumb move, Tessa" because conflict is a spice, and constant kiss-up would be boring, but since she's not actually stupid (just naive) I want to play them right. Acting up in the cave was right. Not knowing about money is right. Not knowing about sex is right. Not paying attention to her own welfare is also right. I can probably find some others that will work too, but I want to handle them carefully.

It actually takes an awful lot of work o do everything properly, but on the other hand, when things just come together, it can be beyond rewarding. I guess this is perhaps a major difference in methodology. I try hard to advance interactions and relationships in small steps, or the occasional big one followed by a sizeable step backwards or some sort of a slowdown. On the other hand, some people prefer to try to do things in one big push of concentrated development. I don't think either method is necessarily wrong, but personally, I find myself just that much more comfortable with incrementalism.

~shoots Phoenix for the pun~

So... dramatic personality changes ahoy? ._.

(Not to say that I trust this to actually be the headmaster, of course...)

You don't trust anyone, do you? ;_;

*yanks out projectile*

As for personality changes, none really. Iso only has two modes:

Comfort mode: Friendly, cocky, pack minded, and sometimes romantic

Discomfort mode: Cynical, distant, lonewolfish, and sometimes hostile

That won't change much, we'll just be less likely to start another fire and Iso's appearance will change over time, his hair will grow at normal rates again, and he will have complete control over Proxima ... if it happens.

Snowy's playing off of our paranoia.

One of the following must be true:

Helenos mimicked Helen and this is the real one

Helenos mimicked Helen and this is still Helenos

Helenos has used this form to get close to the Headmaster somehow

This is all a very bad dream with no punch line

Right.

Just on an unrelated note, Derek's still wearing his gauntlets. That's right, he wears them to sleep.

*Miss miss and miss*

TRIANGLE ATTACK CAN'T MISS

*changes game* *3 brothers attack again, this time Rolf w/ Double Bow Oscar w/ Brave and Boyd w/ Arbalest, and all 3 activating mastery skills*