• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

@Snowy: We have not yet moved out; characters seem to be generally in favor of coercing Percy to clear our names. I believe Damian and Aiya were the last to talk to him. Everyone else is just sort of talking amongst themselves, awaiting orders and working on supports.

Edited by Darth Lacuna

OOC: Keep in mind that Irina is a mercenary trained by her uncle personally(ten+ years of training alongside 5+ years actual combat experience). The only things she wouldn't have totally perfected by now are: Total lance control during stress(mastered control during calmness), javelin tossing(prefers close combat), swords(doesn't use), and axes(doesn't use). In case of future sparring matches: If you don't have a weapon triangle advantage in a sparring match, prepare to be dominated. Some useful info for the rp as a whole :D

There's no such thing as perfection on the battlefield. Seriously. 10 years of training, or 10 weeks of training, there's always something new to learn, something unexpected that could happen. Even completely ignoring the fact that Irina's stats clearly broadcast that she has room for improvement, the fact of the matter is she's not just some invincible badass because your other invincible badass trained her.

My two cents.

I will be gone for a good bit of today studying a series of artifacts. When I am done though... I'M FREE! FREE FROM COLLEGE! At least for this semester.

Also, for those of you who read Cracked, follow the Kingdom Hearts link at the end of the main article today. It's totally worth it!

There's no such thing as perfection on the battlefield. Seriously. 10 years of training, or 10 weeks of training, there's always something new to learn, something unexpected that could happen. Even completely ignoring the fact that Irina's stats clearly broadcast that she has room for improvement, the fact of the matter is she's not just some invincible badass because your other invincible badass trained her.

My two cents.

(Not invincible badass ... cunning mercenary)

You misunderstood what I was trying to say. I'm Phoenix, not Ether, remember? :lol:

Stat wise, and story wise, she's still a rookie, but not one that could learn anything from Helios, which is what Kai initially posted. Mark is a different story though, which he insists was who he meant. After that, the post became less necessary. I posted Irina's past experience for two reasons. One to point out that non lance adepts trying to "school" her doesn't make any sense whatsoever, and because of that I will retcon, or omit any post like that. Second to point out that since Ivanko was the one that trained her(think "Gladiator"), she's clearly not going to lose to anyone with less experience (lance wielding), or overall advantage (mage, crimson weapon, magic attacks)

Being a sparring adept does not translate to badass. It's my way of expressing something that doesn't and can't exist in the statsheets.

5 bucks ... I'm done -_-

Clearly she would obviously school Helios in physical combat. Tessa too, I don't doubt in the slightest. That said, Kai's original post appears uneditted at least as far as edit stamps go, but I clearly wasn't active at the time so can't exactly swear to it. Anyway, even if the message was directed with solely at a Helios-centered affair (which obviously the rest of your post backed up), the line addressing the OOC to the RP as a whole was what caught my attention and warranted comment. That and the dominated bit, really.

I could certainly understand some of where you're coming from. If Kamilla for instance were to tell Tessa that the way she prayed, or used her staff was all wrong, I'd be a bit miffed myself, but there seem to be less confrontational ways to deal with that on a player level, rather than asserting a sort of inflexibility. Chalk it up to doctrinal differences in the case of the religion, or different schools of lance combat in case of the "improper positioning". I mean, clearly the soldiers of Halton will be trained differently than the soldiers of Tora, than the do-it-yourself style of mercenary band.

I mean, isn't that a classic sort of story motif in anime and such? Each dojo has their own unique style of swordsmanship. You could have just passed off that what Mark had viewed as a "mistake in her lance-work" was actual some intentional and defensible difference due to different upbringing. Maybe that is what you were trying to do, but to me it came off fishy. Maybe I should have just left it alone, but something about your phrasing had rubbed me the wrong way. At any rate, I think things would go smoother if you work on your give-and-take a little bit more.

Noooo! We can't go anywhere yet! We need to build supports!

^And he was talking about mark, Helios's guard dude who came out of nowhere... seriously, when did he even join us? Did I miss something or did he just pop out of nowhere?

Clearly she would obviously school Helios in physical combat. Tessa too, I don't doubt in the slightest. That said, Kai's original post appears uneditted at least as far as edit stamps go, but I clearly wasn't active at the time so can't exactly swear to it. Anyway, even if the message was directed with solely at a Helios-centered affair (which obviously the rest of your post backed up), the line addressing the OOC to the RP as a whole was what caught my attention and warranted comment. That and the dominated bit, really.

I could certainly understand some of where you're coming from. If Kamilla for instance were to tell Tessa that the way she prayed, or used her staff was all wrong, I'd be a bit miffed myself, but there seem to be less confrontational ways to deal with that on a player level, rather than asserting a sort of inflexibility. Chalk it up to doctrinal differences in the case of the religion, or different schools of lance combat in case of the "improper positioning". I mean, clearly the soldiers of Halton will be trained differently than the soldiers of Tora, than the do-it-yourself style of mercenary band.

I mean, isn't that a classic sort of story motif in anime and such? Each dojo has their own unique style of swordsmanship. You could have just passed off that what Mark had viewed as a "mistake in her lance-work" was actual some intentional and defensible difference due to different upbringing. Maybe that is what you were trying to do, but to me it came off fishy. Maybe I should have just left it alone, but something about your phrasing had rubbed me the wrong way. At any rate, I think things would go smoother if you work on your give-and-take a little bit more.

Oh no, the dominated bit was just a joke to make the OOC funnier. Irina's backtraining and interaction aren't inflexible or anything.

There are lots of ways to retcon stuff like this, but for that instance, I just wanted to point out the unlikeliness of a Helios win vs Irina.

FYI Mark and Irina just finished their sparring match via PM. Both of them dropped their lances. Some trained badasses they are, right? :awesome: XD

He probably arrived before you then

Mark snickered at the girl rejecting the archer.

Guess it was kind of my fault seeing that this was the only place Mark was mentioned

I want a pvp. Helios vs Irina NAO

Edited by Kai-Sama

I'm lolling at Chase. Can we say trying too hard? (IMO of course.)

Oh no, the dominated bit was just a joke to make the OOC funnier. Irina's backtraining and interaction aren't inflexible or anything.

There are lots of ways to retcon stuff like this, but for that instance, I just wanted to point out the unlikeliness of a Helios win vs Irina.

FYI Mark and Irina just finished their sparring match via PM. Both of them dropped their lances. Some trained badasses they are, right? :awesome: XD

Awesome, chalk this up to me over-reacting then.

Also, please tell me the sparring session takes place a little after. Please. We totally should have left this area within moments of downing Percy.

Okay! I'M FREE FROM COLLEGE!

Is there anything that needs my attention? And did you guys kill Percy's wyvern or not?

As far as I know, the parade float is alive and well.

Edit: Also, congratulations on another semester successfully completed.

Edited by Balcerzak

I'm lolling at Chase. Can we say trying too hard? (IMO of course.)

Awesome, chalk this up to me over-reacting then.

Also, please tell me the sparring session takes place a little after. Please. We totally should have left this area within moments of downing Percy.

I guess we could change the timing and setting of the sparring match before it's compiled and posted :D

We have the option to kill his wyvern? That's so messed up :(

I'm gonna go look for the post, but I'm pretty sure Snowy, via Katie, pretty much flat out stated that the capital was only a single day's journey.

Cripes! >_<

That convo/match was long as hell! We beat Bal's post sizes :blink:

Eh ... sorry about that :sweatdrop:

I don't know whether to feel complimented or offended by that. :lol:

(j/k, j/k)