• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Some stuff on Septimus that might help with new characters and just a FYI in general, will post in Useful Notes if this is actually deemed useful:

Septimus's government is a combination of royal and military control whose chain of power and command is so complex that no one really knows what's going on. This means that no one person has control over the government and its armies, and most of the time the civilians are left to their own doings, occasionally regulated by so-and-so and blah-blah-blah as officials see fit. This results in a bizarre country in which the principal rule is Do Whatever You Want (with a few restrictions), As Long As It Doesn't Bother Others. Generally the government does not get involved in civilian disputes, this is left up to another official if they bother to care (usually not), and discrepancies that might be disapproved of elsewhere are tolerated.

Oddly enough, despite the confusing chain of control in Septimus, no major uprisings have occurred for the most part, possibly due to the fact that other countries usually do not bother it, and no one is stupid enough to protest and complain against someone else when they themselves take advantage of the lax standards and rules of this country.

Septimus has also recently (meaning past decade or so, I'm not certain about the time period) overrun the neighboring country of Jerdon for various reasons currently unknown to the general public. The decision to invade Jerdon is rumored to have been Jace the Brute's though, although the Septimian government has not officially said anything about it, due to the various dissenting factions. (I don't remember Septimus officially declaring the invasion, correct me if I'm wrong on this).

Note mainly to Snike and other people if they use Septimian military:

General Alex has the power to command troops, but she does not command the whole Septimian army/government (Figured you probably won't do anything ridiculous, but this is a warning to anyone). Usage of Septimus king/queen for important decisions is left up to Snowy and Cynthia, but I intend to keep Septimus neutral for the most part, and will blow up your plan in twenty different ways if someone tries to railroad things.

Yeah, I was only planning on stealing a brigade. >.>

So, uh, a civil war's fair game, though, right?

Edit: Read: Just over one year ago, on the date of the invasion.

Edited by Snike

Septimus may not have officially declared the attack (not stated so far anyway), but Jerdon is big enough that Jace couldn't have taken it over with a single battalion or something. Meaning he has at least a significant portion of the nation's power.

BTW once I get my laptop back I'll put Tora nearer to Jerdon/Septimus, though I'm nixing Kai's request that Tora must be passed through to reach Septimus as this would require Tora to be as large as a major nation and oddly shaped. I'll also add the Shoon Islands.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Yeah. Unless he's like My Unit, and outclasses paladins in Tier 1. >.>

Again, it's likely that the main enemy human faction comes from Septimus, so, you're going to have to be prepared to accept that part of it IS antagonistic.

It's possible Chase aimed for non vital points, IE shooting them in the legs or something. But yeah, pulling the string back less doesn't make a whole lot of sense to deal nonlethal damage.

I was going to point this out if anyone complained.

And nobody wants to go to Tora. Hate to break it to ya.

Edited by Lightning

Considering it's just a part of the Septimian forces, our group + random Jerdonian rebel people might be sufficient. Not to mention Jerdon might not actually be fully liberated over the course of the RP. There could also be an appeal for aid from Halton for instance, or hire Ivanko's Mercenaries.

I don't mind Tora sitting in between the Halton/Septimus border or the Elysimia/Septimus border, but not both as that just ends up looking dumb.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Yeah, I was only planning on stealing a brigade. >.>

So, uh, a civil war's fair game, though, right?

Edit: Read: Just over one year ago, on the date of the invasion.

Brigade is fine, civil war is fine, just expect a lot of commotion and mayhem if you want that. Jace probably has a fair bit of Septimus's power, I would say second to the king/queen and perhaps one or two other generals. I expect part of Septimus to be antagonistic, just don't expect the entire country to go all out and attack Jerdon/Charlotte, it's not all that important to every Septimian.

Tessa broke open that snowglobe that Kamilla gave to her that was used as an icepack at TISME I believe, and it turned into a mini snowstorm that drove away the hobos :lol:

*really wants to get a fire ballista/cannon/torpedo launcher*

K, so, time to do... something...

There are regular Ballistas,the group just doesn't have any.There were Ballistae and Onagers at Damian's Manor.

And Ulfhrahn is soon to be equipped with Multiple Black-Powder Cannons,as well as a Hwatcha.Don't mess around with the Flying T-90

No fire ballistas before we get regular ballistas...

Your SKL stat needs work.

Edit: Double miss. The RNG apparently dislikes you two.

Edited by Snike

I don't think regular ballistae would work for my intentions...

Edit: The destruction of naval vessels, good sir.

Edited by Snike

WELL UM

UM

... I dunno what to do then.

Butbutbut then we gotta use regular ballista randomly. Like maybe Chase could see one randomly and have a ballista practice. Or something.

Most fortresses/Defensible areas(In Halton atleast) are equipped with multiple Ballistae.We just need to be in a defend battle of some sort if you ever want the chance to use one.

.... Sometimes, I wonder.

Anyways, I could invade with my Septimian pplz. But, uh, Naelia sorta has to do her thing, first.