Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

The intent was not for gunpowder to be used in the RP. I only asked for it metaphorically.

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

As we all know,Halton is militaristic.If there is something like TISME,they will obviously try to find a way to overcome it,because they may need to fight it someday.

Even if they were to be introduced in Stat Combat,they would be like Crossbows in FE10.They have a set Mt,you do not apply Str/Mag or roll damage.They may even be unable to Critical.They cannot double,and can only be used for a single attack.No Skills,Etc.

Just because something was not introduced before does not mean it wouldn't fit the setting.FE is usually said to take place in a medieval setting,and Black Powder was documented in England in the Mid-1200's.

It just doesn't feel right. Gunpowder weapons would have to be developed extremely quickly if they're already making muskets.

By medieval, I was personally thinking more of the beginning of the medieval times anyways, like the 700s or something.

They just don't fit in the FE setting IMO.

In other news the new power cord is defective. Cue rage.

Are you positive its the AC adapter, and not an issue with where it jacks in to the laptop? I know in the past (on a different laptop) I actually had problems not with the power brick, but with the connection port. If that's the case, it's a much trickier fix.

Also, my sympathies.

Just because something was not introduced before does not mean it wouldn't fit the setting.FE is usually said to take place in a medieval setting,and Black Powder was documented in England in the Mid-1200's.

See, the thing is, in real life, Gunpowder was discovered (as were many other things) purely by accident, in this case by the Chinese in ca. 900 CE. Its presence in Europe owes strictly to the opening of trade with China through the Silk Road, IIRC.

You can't just say "of course they're doing military research" as a justification, because that's simply not how most pivotal research breakthroughs happen. Truly revolutionary ideas or methods cannot simply be cultivated. And furthermore, even if it were to be introduced, it would likely have to be through a similarly exotic locale in order to preserve the proper flavor of history, IMO.

Fair enough,I'll drop it,I suppose.

Also,plenty of people survive being shot,even with modern guns.A gun is less deadly than a sword or a spear if it doesn't hit a vital organ,because archaic weapons cause more bleeding.The reasons why guns today are so deadly is pinpoint accuracy,or firing 73,592 bullets per minute or some crazy shit,or they use slugs which blow a hole the size of Kansas in your torso.Older guns weren't all that effective,heck,a Flintlock Pistol is fucked against steel armour.

Are you positive its the AC adapter, and not an issue with where it jacks in to the laptop? I know in the past (on a different laptop) I actually had problems not with the power brick, but with the connection port. If that's the case, it's a much trickier fix.

Also, my sympathies.

My old problem was definitely with the connection port, the new cord doesn't show any signs of fraying or anything. The new power adapter though, smells like burnt plastic and is kind of warped on the outside.

@ Discovered by accident

I lol'd

Although I don't think we should have gun powder tech in the rp, I will just mention that my fanfic has an overabundance of cannons (because that's mainly how people die).

In the story, Dragons pretty much pioneered all technology through magic, then sealed the sh*t away so humans wouldn't get it and use it to start wars. I'm sure you can guess what happens in only ten years after they unlock the secrets of airship and cannon tech >_>'

@ RP

Anything else happening?

I was almost impressed with Katie there for a minute, asking Isotov "tough girl questions" and not being a doormat and all. Oh well.

Edited by -Cynthia-

*wonders if Katie's shenanigans will allow Iso to flesh out more* >_>'

I'm an idiot. I'm still not 100% sure she even likes Iso in that way. It's coming across in the rp too :facepalm: