• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Officers of the big three are allowed in the other nations due to non-agression pacts.If you want to handwave those,then a Halton regiment is going to show up any time now.

They didn't attack Septimian officials,or Septimian citizens.They were attacked by,and defended against,mercenaries.since Charlotte isn't with the group,Alex has no reason to attack.

Then why were we chased across half of Elyisima by various soldiers? I don't see how Damian/Aiya's rank ever helped the group back then :/ Also, we haven't had many stat battles the past few chapters except for the graveyard and mage trio thing. Everyone's getting healed, so I don't see what the problem is exactly. We had plenty of less believable battles than a possible Septimian confrontation before.

Officers of the big three are allowed in the other nations due to non-agression pacts.If you want to handwave those,then a Halton regiment is going to show up any time now.

They didn't attack Septimian officials,or Septimian citizens.They were attacked by,and defended against,mercenaries.since Charlotte isn't with the group,Alex has no reason to attack.

Bold italics: That is bullshit, and you know it. See Chapter 4, and your officer getting branded an invading force.

Italics: Don't even try to challenge me in a godmod war.

Bold: They would consider the mercs Septimians. They didn't really see the contract, just one group fighting against the other.

Underline: Read the posts.SHe thinks that Charlotte is with them, so, deal. By the time she realizes otherwise, recognition of the soldiers means conflict anyways.

Then why were we chased across half of Elyisima by various soldiers? I don't see how Damian/Aiya's rank ever helped the group back then :/ Also, we haven't had many stat battles the past few chapters except for the graveyard and mage trio thing. Everyone's getting healed, so I don't see what the problem is exactly. We had plenty of less believable battles than a possible Septimian confrontation before.

Because people wouldn;t stop commiting crimes in Elyisimia.In this case,a Septimus attack would be in violation of the generic "we won't kill eachother" agreements these guys need to have for their to even still be a big 3.

Ether stop whining. The enemies; 10 soldiers. The boss, a soldier. Think a little.

Actually it will be quite diverse. 17 enemies, 3 of 5 separate classes, a soldier, and a Hero that'll run when enemy count reaches 11.

Edited by Snike

Actually it's canon. Damian contradicted what Lightning had already put into the backstory. It's supposed to be the other way around.

Headmaster confirmed, actually initiated the fact that the Axe and the Lance were not on the list. Damian explained, and nothing else was said about it. I had assumed Snowy knew what went down with the Crimsons, and Conrad's dad never came up from a reliable source of info.

Ever.

Because people wouldn;t stop commiting crimes in Elyisimia.In this case,a Septimus attack would be in violation of the generic "we won't kill eachother" agreements these guys need to have for their to even still be a big 3.

Given that the majority of the group (except characters who joined after you left Elyisima) were branded "The Fire Bandits", wouldn't the bounty on the group override any sort of military rank? I suppose Conrad could do something, since he didn't join the group till recently, but otherwise an attack on the group would make sense, because being criminals>any military soldier.

That said, I can't see why you wouldn't want an attack. Another stat battle=extra EXP, and Damian creamed the mercenaries I just sent out anyway for the most part. (Aiya was KO'ed, but that's more bad luck and choosing to attack a hero who was intended to not be attacked in the first place.)

Edit: Attacked to not be attacked.

Edited by the_whistler

Headmaster confirmed, actually initiated the fact that the Axe and the Lance were not on the list. Damian explained, and nothing else was said about it. I had assumed Snowy knew what went down with the Crimsons, and Conrad's dad never came up from a reliable source of info.

Ever.

That's Lightning's fault for not bringing it up with Snowy beforehand. At the same time, I prefer to side with first established, and backstories are always established first for the most part which is why I think that's the direction it should be retconned in.

For one thing, Damian said the axe was given to a "General Conrad of the Elysimaian army". Read the backstory. Conrad's only been a general for a few years so when did this all happen exactly.

Solution: Lightning, Ether, and Snowy ... pm and retcon.

Criminals in Elyisimia.From what I've gathered,the Septimians don't seem to care too much about the affairs and well being of other countries.not the higher ups,atleast.

Regardless,being in Septimus is not a crime.

*sighs* Am I going to have to crack the whip again? Snike, why is this regiment attacking important?

Can I ask you why are you asking me that, before I explode?

That's Lightning's fault for not bringing it up with Snowy beforehand. At the same time, I prefer to side with first established, and backstories are always established first for the most part which is why I think that's the direction it should be retconned in.

For one thing, Damian said the axe was given to a "General Conrad of the Elysimaian army". Read the backstory. Conrad's only been a general for a few years so when did this all happen exactly.

Solution: Lightning, Ether, and Snowy ... pm and retcon.

According to recent posts, by Lightning, Conrad only received the axe five years ago. Based on your prompting suggesting that there may have been something previously established, I checked the character info thread, and Conrad's father is said to have died eighteen years ago. So that would leave either thirteen years of limbo for the Crimson Axe, or wild internal inconsistencies, or I completely cannot read or something.

Edited by Balcerzak

I don't need to retcon Conrad's backstory because Ether screwed it up. I've already established Conrad was only a General for a very short amount of time and has had the axe before he was a General. I also said in his backstory he inherited it from his father (it's my second post in the character info topic).

According to recent posts, by Lightning, Conrad only received the axe five years ago. Based on your prompting suggesting that there may have been something previously established, I checked the character info thread, and Conrad's father is said to have died eighteen years ago. So that would leave either thirteen years of limbo for the Crimson Axe, or wild internal inconsistencies, or I completely cannot read or something.

This is one of many issues of this type that's going to come up in the near future. My only advice is that people actually read the backstories of characters before making any posts involving said characters' past. In fact, laziness included, they may as well pm someone about it beforehand.

@Bal: Okay, it's not like I have enough time to check the backstory topic before every post I make (I forgot exactly how old I made Conrad when his dad died, and can you really blame me with how many characters there are?) so I made a mistake with the 5 month thing. Big deal.

Edited by Lightning

Damian said it was given to a General Conrad.He didn't say he was a general when he got it.

Gae-Borg was attached to Damian 22 years ago,and was the first.The axe was sent to Elyisimia for safeguarding after the others were stolen.It is possible it occured in the 4 year frame,so it could have been Conrad's father.

Y'know what,make it one of those deals where the son is named the same thing as the father,and we are good.