Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

Well, hate is exaggerating, but people just don't like her because she seems to be more of a tool than a character.

Anyway, she's gotten a bit better in my opinion, but I still think you should have her branch out a lot more with the other members of the group and give her some conflict with Damian or Esphyr. Maybe she's not satisfied or maybe she's jealous?

And I'm running on empty right now.

@Psych: I wasn't criticizing him as much I was telling people's opinion. And you're criticizing too as well.

Edited by Dark Sage

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Well to each their own really. Since the rain's coming down at a specific angle, Viv could keep herself mostly dry by having Susann keep her wing raised(while Viv ducks down a bit). Alternatively, there is an umbrella in hammerspace her orange case.

Irina's probably wrapping up a little bit in HM's cloak(too much les yay?) :hat:

Edited by Phoenix

I dislike Aiya because she's too perfect. She has huge wyvern, a flawless relationship, and she's just too positive sometimes. If she's scared, she can't always say "oh it's nothing". I'd like her to admit she's scared.

Well, Aiya has never found it easy to get along with men, which is not something I can just retcon now. She's alright with Lev, and wants to get to know Isotov, but the other guys aren't all that approachable to her, at least not right now. Alferis is getting there, but he's not quite clear yet, mostly due to the bouts of earlier conflict.

Aiya's more comfortable with other girls. That's why she was fooling around with Irina and such. She isn't really going to shun anyone who wants to talk to her, aside from Reika, who she really doesn't like, but not all that many people are very approachable, and no one has made efforts to interact with her, like, ever, basically.

Well, what? It's true, as sad as I am to say that. The only people who I don't remember you saying anything about are; Your characters, Heinz (and I'm not even sure about that) Eric, Derek, Morgan, and Charlotte.

@ DamianxAiya

I said it before and I'll say it again, DamianxAiya doesn't actually need internal conflict to not be sueish. It needs conflict in general. They don't have to argue or anything, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING ever threatens their relationship in any way shape or form. That's highly unrealistic. Maybe if something happened once in awhile besides one or both of them getting critically wounded that would help. So far, their relationship seems to be blessed by the gods or something. That's kind of meh.

@ Aiya specifically

She seems alright. Just needs more reason to live than Damian for a more realistic appearance. Even women raised to slave over their husbands had their own sets of unrelated interests, hobbies, pursuits, etc.

EDIT:

Gae-Borg comes across as a fringe threat IMO, not something episodic that's clear as day. It also revolves around death itself which is not what I'm trying to get at.

Edited by Phoenix

Lightning... did you not just see the panic attack earlier? She calmed herself down forcibly so she wasn't useless, but she was still incredibly scared. She's still scared right now. She puts up a strong front, but if someone were to ask her if she was worried, she'd likely start to cry, depending on who asks.

As for the relationship, I'm still looking for the right way to express her, without causing a massive meltdown.

I know Kelas is kinda androgynous, but she's soaked by the rain. It should be pretty obvious that she's female at this point, since the loose clothes stick to your skin no matter how loose they were.

Probably travel distance. Kelas likely isn't two feet away from Altion(meaning he could easily still mistake her for a guy if she's say, on the other side of the group and slightly obscured by rain fog).

He knew Kelas was a woman from the getgo (voice, facial shape, whatnot). He's either insulting or complimenting her depending on how you look at it. Either he's insulting the fact that she's flat because she's turned him away and insulted him, or he's complimenting her because he's a knight and seems to think only men should fight (notice he says Esphyr, Morgan, and Kelas should be in the center). Pick your interpretation.

I guess Snowy's trying to explain Altion's reasoning. How it will be taken is another matter entirely. (Altion seems to be having some culture shock going on versus the rest of the setting.)

Erm, you just noticed?