Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

lmao XD You people are hilarious XD But first more important matters

@Cynthia, Hmm, suppose so, I'll be careful in future, but I'll continue making assumptions in volume change.

Now Helios XD I know I gave Kamilla herbal knowledge in this chapter, but I think I explained "why" semi-adequately. I'm going to say now, (for future reference) that she isn't a herbalist, or even a master in identifying and finding leaves that have certain properties. I'm not sure if you people find that acceptable, but I'm hoping it was a good enough reason.

Now Kai.... well I'm concerned with how you're trying to hide everything from the players (not characters). Helios is 21, are you telling me he established himself as a noble, got kicked out of power, learned to ride a horse, then became an assassin, and learned to become a wind mage in 21 years?

I'm going to say this now, but neither Chase or Helios are proficient in using knives/dagger, you both have your own type of weapon, and to say they're better then eachother in knife wielding is ridiculous, Reika beats both of you in knife/dagger combat hands down <_<. I didn't mind Chase sticking knives towards me earlier because they weren't really used in combat, but the usage of knives is getting ridiculous now. For the most part they're tools, not weapons.

On a completely different note, I'm enjoying how chaos befalls the group without my help now XD

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

I think you're both projecting into the rp :mellow:

Chase is nuts with his knife, but he shouldn't be stupid enough to do it to a crimson weapon wielder knowing full well that Damian or even Morgan are inclined to stop him with lethal force if necessary.

Helios is being buffed to look good in a situation where he shouldn't.

That's the gist of it.

You don't need to tell me, but you might want to PM Snowy (he's more lenient the wicked witch Cynthia... jk XD )About Helios's real story, since at present everyone seems to be in agreement that he's being overpowered, If Snowy approves, you've at least got Phoenix off your back. And everyone else will tone down on their accusation of god-modding.

But unless you run it by someone, you're pretty much fighting a battle against others that you can't win by yourself. (Helios is already hated enough) XD

EDIT: Though I don't have any actual power, I have arguing skills? XD Better then your own at least anyway XD PM if you want I'm not too fussed as long as Cynthia or Snowy approve of it in this case though,

Edited by Nadesico

I guess the argument is that knives only sort of count as weapons, pretty much anyone can use them effectively to some extent, though they're not as good as theives in actually attacking with them.

I have no problem with Chase and/or Helios having a basic knowledge of how to use knives, similar to Kelas (though being some sort of knife wielding assassin requires another class). My problem was more with the disarming than anything else.

Snowy is more lenient than me. I'm the wicked bitch of the RP (well actually Nady is, but she's not in a position of power).

Edited by -Cynthia-

Like i said he was one. I never said i wanted him as an assassin.

The point is that you have the abilities of one (out of combat), which is a little silly.

Let me give you an example:

Morgan is actually an expert with bows. Not previously hinted at or revealed, she spent a year training with the master archer...Dan. While she is currently using her shaman abilities, she still possesses the ability to compete with Kelas and Chase in terms of bowmanship.

Seem a little out of place?

Level 1 Soren is not known for having high durability.

Anyway, enemies prioritize based on avoiding counters and being able to hurt their target (also lord priority).

Edited by -Cynthia-

Okay, the biggest underlying problem here, and why it keeps happening so often is that we're focused on our individual subplots. That's actually a good thing, but we keep each other in the dark about it far beyond necessary. That's illogical. We're sharing a story remember? If noone knows what the hell is going on, they can barely if at all respond in context. As you all know, full context is hidden in almost every situation the group goes into. So they can't even respond in full character half the time. The characters we use should be left in the dark about useful info. We ... the rpers should know at least enough about each other's characters and their personal situations to form in context, in character, and realistic responses.

Specifically ...

This knife issue happened because we don't know much about Helios. The characters shouldn't know much if that's Kai's intention. But keeping everything from us is going to lead to this. Just because other rpers know your character inside and out, doesn't mean they're going to have the wrong response(exploit your characters weaknesses). In fact, the more we know, the more accurately we can respond.

Can't change everyone, but I can change my own issues regarding this ... I'm going to amend my character control profiles a bit. In them will be a list of ALL things each individual is capable of, both mentally, and physically(summary). There's nothing wrong with surprises, but this is an rp. Surprising the rpers is ineffective and causes self projection into the rp which is annoying as it gets. From now on, being in the dark about my plots and history is your own choice. Necessary information will be in my profile. I hope and half expect the curious to be in character when responding to situations they knew were coming. That's about all I can do to keep god modding, contextual issues, and ignorant responses out of my own sector -_-

*whew*

I think I went on for a bit too long with the rp patriotism there :unsure:

@ Cynthia

Oddly enough, your version of Morgan god modding isn't that bad lol

Oh,BTW,Cynthia.I just wanted to run something by you.Is it alright if Damian is actually an 8th Circle Archsage in disguise?It shouldn't be a problem right?

You see,while a more extreme example,it is better to ask first,just to be sure.And who knows,maybe Cynthia will approve,lol

On the one hand, given an elbow to the gut, I would expect Chase to maybe drop the knife...

On the other hand, catching it midfall and being proficient with it is a bit much...

On the third hand, I'm not even there, and while it means I'm missing out on posting and interaction goodness, means less drama headache for me...

And you can't kill Chase without my permission, genius, which I'm not giving anyone.

It'd be nice if you'd stopped trying to knife everyone's neck then, since you technically can't kill them either.

I anticipated that sooner or later you'd try to knife someone else, and in such circumstances that the receiver wouldn't take it too well. (Forced to God-mod) since most of us like our own characters too much to turn them into making them whimper and beg for forgiveness.

Also can people stop OoC spamming in the RP thread, if you have something to say then it belongs in feedback. RP thread is for RP posts, if it doesn't have elements of RP'ing in it then it's in the wrong section. Don't worry, most of us check feedback just as much (if not more often) then the actual RP thread.

^@Bal: I knew you had a third eye, but a third arm? XD

Edited by Nadesico

Oh,BTW,Cynthia.I just wanted to run something by you.Is it alright if Damian is actually an 8th Circle Archsage in disguise?It shouldn't be a problem right?

You see,while a more extreme example,it is better to ask first,just to be sure.And who knows,maybe Cynthia will approve,lol

Yeah, and be sure to ask me first before you beat down Ivanko for another discount <_<

Eh, I'm not sure about having to reveal all of our backstory just so there aren't any "collisions" down the road. It can actually make for more realistic interactions if we don't know everything about each other's characters.

For example, let's say Tessa was actally a spy for the Lord of Azure Flame (just an example). I might have trouble seperating character from player knowledge and have Morgan act differently towards Tessa, despite Morgan not actually knowing anything different.

My example of god modding wasn't that extreme I suppose, but I would even consider that too much. The key was "master bowmanship, able to compete with Kelas and Chase", not "can hunt for deer sometimes" which could be fairly reasonable.

Eh, I'm not sure about having to reveal all of our backstory just so there aren't any "collisions" down the road. It can actually make for more realistic interactions if we don't know everything about each other's characters.

For example, let's say Tessa was actally a spy for the Lord of Azure Flame (just an example). I might have trouble seperating character from player knowledge and have Morgan act differently towards Tessa, despite Morgan not actually knowing anything different.

My example of god modding wasn't that extreme I suppose, but I would even consider that too much. The key was "master bowmanship, able to compete with Kelas and Chase", not "can hunt for deer sometimes" which could be fairly reasonable.

You're right, that's why the info is going in spoiler tags.

I feel a bit inclined to do it myself, but noone else should if they don't want to, and as I said, only necessary info. You guys don't need to know jack about Shanice (because I haven't made up anything new about it yet).

I'm very good at separating myself from my characters, so it wouldn't be a problem for me personally if I knew everything about everyone. I'm only going to do this to lessen the chance of this kind of incident in the future. If someone says I'm cheating, they can look at my profile and then do a Kamilla sigh :lol: