Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

Agreeing with Cynthia, most of the Rp'ers are incapable of separating OoC, or invalid information from their characters actions.

In the case of Kamilla's poison stunt, I'm nearly certain that Helios, Mark and Chase would have noticed the "poison" and refused to consume it. It's the reason they're pretty much the only two who don't know what type of poison I used and how the poison will affect them in the near future. (They didn't consume, they don't need to know).

I'll admit though, I probably wouldn't be able to "completely" separate my knowledge of other characters from my RP posts.

..... :mellow: *looks at Kai's post*

You crazy boy :/

*Shakes her head and walks off*

Edited by Nadesico

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

People may try, but intentionally or unitentionally the knowledge will affect character actions.

Even if it doesn't, it's still less fun knowing everything sometimes. For my Tessa is a spy example, I could try and go along and interact as normal, but I know I'm walking into a trap the whole time, which makes things kinda lame.

Edited by -Cynthia-

@ Kai

I'm certain that at the very least, Chase would have caused a scene had Iso trusted the group at the time.

@ Cynthia

I get where you're coming from, and that's why I use my beloved spoiler tags. I'd rather give out a piece of highly incriminating info than get into a retconning argument like that one.

@ Nady

Hence ... spoiler tags ...

Learning to separate from characters would be a highly useful skill to have.

I learned it by developing love for one of my characters in my story, the Dragon Lords, and then allowed her to die. It was the hardest thing to write, and I had to do something similar again recently. Snike's badluck episodes lead me to believe that he's either projecting himself into his character in comical ways, isn't interested in his character's well being, or has separation down pat.

Try learning to separate, guys, it'll make things more dire and interesting down the road :)

Edited by Phoenix

How about this ... how about you wait til you read the response ... then form an opinion? :awesome:

@read the response

Waste of time, can't be bothered :P

Edited by Nadesico

Spoiler tags don't really solve the character/player seperation issue. Also, couldn't information conflict with spoilers as well as listed information?

People's player/character seperation is bad. Kamilla's poison was a good example, only Lacuna and I were actually willing to take the bait. Yeah, people had their reasons, but a lot of them were fuzzy. People just don't like bad things happening to their characters if they can help it.

I think I'm pretty good at player/character seperation personally. Being a DM does that, you make tons of characters for sole purpose of them ebing slaughtered by the PCs.

It'd be nice if you'd stopped trying to knife everyone's neck then, since you technically can't kill them either.

It's only a threat. I was hoping Kai would get the hint and explain, but clearly that didn't happen.

On a bright cheery note, I don't suppose we're heading to the capitol anytime soon? XD

Now back to the dark angsty note, You two really don't get along do you?

Edited by Nadesico

@read the response

Waste of time, can't be bothered :P

Democrat <_<

Spoiler tags don't really solve the character/player seperation issue. Also, couldn't information conflict with spoilers as well as listed information?

People's player/character seperation is bad. Kamilla's poison was a good example, only Lacuna and I were actually willing to take the bait. Yeah, people had their reasons, but a lot of them were fuzzy. People just don't like bad things happening to their characters if they can help it.

I think I'm pretty good at player/character seperation personally. Being a DM does that, you make tons of characters for sole purpose of them ebing slaughtered by the PCs.

@ Spoilers

The spoilers are just to give people the option to not accidentally read what they don't need to know to be contextually accurate their responses.

@ Separation suckage

Do what I do. Make a character whom you love dearly, then essentially destroy them. It hurts but it works.

@ Kamilla's sprinkle of conflict

This is part of the contextual issue I was mentioning. We have to read Snowy's post to figure out where we are. We have to read each other's posts to figure out what/when/why we are.

Keeping Iso in character is sometimes insanely difficult because my responses have to include distrust, and contempt for non supports.

Until it was posted, there was no way to know that food was even being prepared. I was contextually blind until the post was made. All I could do was have Iso and Irina stand around until more scenery was placed.

Once the food was done, it wasn't long before Kamilla pulled her stunt. Knowing that food is prepared (smelling hearing the cooking ... doesn't matter) Iso already mentioned his lack of trust for the group and appointed Katie as the unofficial chef. Naturally he would go into the kitchen. If Katie was there, Iso would have left, and even if Kamilla poisoned the food, he would have eaten it thinking that Katie wouldn't let something like that happen. If Katie wasn't there, he wouldn't have eaten it. Since he happened to spot Kamilla, he freaked the hell out.

Keeping him in character sometimes looks like godmodding I know, but it's the best I can do until we reach the capital.

Edited by Phoenix

Lies, you two have been at eachothers throat (pun intended) for ages now

I declare today that this day shall be passed down through history as International Attack Kai day!

Kamilla ran up to Helios and set his clothes on fire

@Cynthia

Can I assume shouting now? XD

Edit: *Is not enjoying getting ninja'd and therefore will now close the other windows*

Edited by Nadesico

It's not my fault some people find what they consider a flaw in every post I make. There's a reason I make Chase and Conrad act the way they do, you know, and it'd be helpful if people could realize that.

*spots business opportunity* :o

Cynthia! We could TOTALLY like help people be more convincing in the rp and stuff! The arguments will be squashed and I'll we'll be rich!252125212521.gif

Why is Kamilla such a b- ... nevermind .. I forgot that Nady's projecting just a lil bit -_-

Not getting off that easily. Also, I'm pretty sure Reika was the smallest PC so far, probably about as big as Tessa. If Helios can knock the crap out of Chase, he can pick up a teenage girl.