FE4 Noob

Life

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is SylviaxAlec a good pairing at all or not? Or is Claude the only suitable Sylvia pairing?

It isn't terrible. It gives pursuit, but imho the Valk Staff>pursuit.

Naw. Finn can kill the boss that drops the Silver Blade, and then he can pass that down to Delmud.

I knew that, but the silver Blade makes Beowolf useful. Fin makes it disappear for 2 chapters.

Edited by mousefire

Is SylviaxAlec a good pairing at all or not? Or is Claude the only suitable Sylvia pairing?

It's decent, but getting the Valyrie staff is better than getting Leen to double. (Corple is probably never going to reach promotion).

Also a few extra things to care about:

-Train Fin even if you are not going to pair him. He is needed to ensure the survival of 2 characters later in the game, and he needs to be alive to recruit another character.

-Don't forget to get Levin to Silesia castle in Ch 4.

-Pair Briggid, even if you don't want to use any of her children. There's a glitch that sometimes causes Daisy (Patty's substitute) fall in love with Celice as soon as Ch 7 starts, and that means no Balmunk and no Hero Sword.

-Before you get to chapter 5, get Sigurd to be at or as close as possible to 50k gold.

Edited by Krad

You'll like SylviaXLex, but since Aira has him for your playthrough...

You could try Dew, but I think Bargain is more better in theory than actually in practice.

Holyn gives Leen B swords and a ton of HP. She's still fragile and Prayer manipulation is still a chore.

Azel give them Pursuit, Magic, and more speed, but that's about it.

The only reason to do SylviaxAlec is if you're afraid of Wrath|Meteo. It completely sucks.

Edited by Al Davis?

I think Claude/Fury is probably a nice way to play through a casual game since Sety can self-fund the Valkyrie staff by auto-clearing every arena in chapters he exists. You have to nail together Claude and Fury for the entirety of Chapter 4 and like 5 turns of chapter 5 though.

She's far from worthless. At the very least she has a great performance in chapters 1-3. Although if you want to use her as a weakener seeing as she'll 1RKO most enemies even with an Iron Sword, just have her rescue Ronan if you're not going to use Ronan, she'll still be very durable even with Ronan weighing her down.

Edit: Well, the downside to having her rescue Ronan so she doesn't steal kills/waste xp is that her movement gets nerfed if I remember.

She steals EXP from units that need it

@Chrysalid: I dont think anyone kills off there units. Holsety is way much better then the staff. Someone like Corple should get it because no one is actully bringing him out

Edited by Kai

OK, so here's where I'm at. My pairings (solidified) are:

AyraxLex (made)

FuryxLevin

LachesisxBeowulf

AideenxMidir (made)

BriggidxHolyn

TiltyuxAzel

SilviaxClaude

Now what items should I pass down? Even though I'm only on Chapter 3, I want to have an idea so that I have enough money for each character by the time that C5 comes.

EDIT: And what the fuck is up with buying items? Beowulf can't buy the Silver Sword from the C3 Item Shop!

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

OK, so here's where I'm at. My pairings (solidified) are:

AyraxLex (made)

FuryxLevin

LachesisxBeowulf

AideenxMidir (made)

BriggidxHolyn

TiltyuxAzel

SilviaxClaude

Now what items should I pass down? Even though I'm only on Chapter 3, I want to have an idea so that I have enough money for each character by the time that C5 comes.

EDIT: And what the fuck is up with buying items? Beowulf can't buy the Silver Sword from the C3 Item Shop!

Beowulf has a B rank in swords. Silver Swords are A-rank, sooooo....

The most important things to pass down, and who should have them at the end of Ch 5:

-Leg Ring (Sigurd)

-Elite Ring (Sigurd)

-Pursuit Ring (Holyn)

-Libro and Reserve (Aideen)

-Power Ring (Fury)

-Speed Ring (Sigurd)

-Shield Ring (Fury)

-Hero Sword (Any sword user will do)

-Hero Lance (Fury)

-Holsety (Levin)

-Ichival (Briggid)

To get lances inherited, they should be given to Fury at the end of chapter 5. Axes can't be inherited, and pretty much everyone can inherit Swords.

Most items can be gotten again if they weren't inherited, so you don't really "lose" anything.

@Kai: Some people kill Sylvia so she doesn't interfere in the Levin x Fury/Tiltyu pairings, and some may sacrifice someone against Yurius and Ishtar in chapter 10.

Edited by Krad

You're kidding...

No, Beowulf isn't too good until promotion, unless he gets the Hero Sword, which might not be bad to pass down to Delmud anyway. Beo's better chip damage than your cavs in any case.

Eh... giving the Elite Ring to Ethlin wastes it for Chapters 4 and 5, but it gives Leaf Elite right off the bat, letting him promo quicker, which I prefer to a Celice who's promoted earlier, especially as Celice will have a better time buying it than Leaf.

Sety should get the leg ring

Give Holyn a return ring too

Other then that go with what Krad said but its really your choice who to give the leg ring

Celice can promote and is mounted and Sety has a killer spell but wont be able to keep up so it is recommended for Sety to get the leg ring

@Chrysalid: I dont think anyone kills off there units. Holsety is way much better then the staff. Someone like Corple should get it because no one is actully bringing him out

Yeah, probably. I just like the Levin/Tilt + Claude/Fury setup I guess. Claude Sety is still an absurdly strong unit without Holsety. But I'm reaching to try to justify it as a "casual game" pairing.

Leg ringing your dancer after chapter 7 lets you move four foot units around at horseman speed (even 5 move foot units) instead of just one, so... I don't bother for Sylvia, though.

Beo gets A swords after promotion and BeoDelmud has A rank as a free knight from minor Hezul blood so you can pass down whatever. You don't have to buy that silver sword in chapter 3, it will still be in the shop in chapter 4. You probably want to set up a 50 kill blade weapon for Delmud if possible (at least a few chapters into gen 2) to get the most out of him since he gets a ridiculous +7 skill on promotion and a 30 cap.

-Train Fin even if you are not going to pair him. He is needed to ensure the survival of 2 characters later in the game, and he needs to be alive to recruit another character.

Who would be...?

Yeah, probably. I just like the Levin/Tilt + Claude/Fury setup I guess. Claude Sety is still an absurdly strong unit without Holsety. But I'm reaching to try to justify it as a "casual game" pairing.

Leg ringing your dancer after chapter 7 lets you move four foot units around at horseman speed (even 5 move foot units) instead of just one, so... I don't bother for Sylvia, though.

Beo gets A swords after promotion and BeoDelmud has A rank as a free knight from minor Hezul blood so you can pass down whatever. You don't have to buy that silver sword in chapter 3, it will still be in the shop in chapter 4. You probably want to set up a 50 kill blade weapon for Delmud if possible (at least a few chapters into gen 2) to get the most out of him since he gets a ridiculous +7 skill on promotion and a 30 cap.

Your dancer is too fragile to actually be in the front with all of your front line units.

If Sety gets it he will be even better because he can actually keep up with your mounted units

As you know the maps in this game are huge

Holsety just happens to be one of the most broken spells in the game

I dont know where Delmud comes from though <_<

Leaf is needed to recruit Altenna

Edit: Ignore that.

Right. Sorry. :P

Edited by Roxas

What's the best way to train Dew prior to the Elite Ring? His best sword is a Slim, he does like no damage and he can't double. How the hell do I train him to promotion (would love to steal shit and kill at the same time).

What's the best way to train Dew prior to the Elite Ring? His best sword is a Slim, he does like no damage and he can't double. How the hell do I train him to promotion (would love to steal shit and kill at the same time).

Soften the enemies and let him deliver the final blow

What chapter are you up to?

don't bother with him. He's always shit. In C3 he gets the wind sword for ranged attack and that's about all he needs.

Soften the enemies and let him deliver the final blow

What chapter are you up to?

Just starting C3. Finished leveling my guys up at the arena (I love emulators... :D ) and I'm about to go out and actually beat the chapter.

Just starting C3. Finished leveling my guys up at the arena (I love emulators... :D ) and I'm about to go out and actually beat the chapter.

I would tell you something about that chapter if you dont mind spoilers

Yeah i dont know how to do the spoiler thing